Good Friday Morning...

Good Morning Everyone,

As usual I'm FREEZING!!! It's currently 8 degrees... Even with lots of hot coffee, I'm still FREEZING!!!

Last night was a nasty one here - Problems with difficult child 2. Unfortunately, he was also in a miserable mood this morning and was verbally abusive before leaving for school. I'm hoping his mood will improve as he is going to the library after school and will probably spend lots of time either looking at monkey books or reading about them on-line.

I'm just glad everyone is out of the house!!! Got to get dressed- Running late!!!

Hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend... SFR

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

SFR-Sorry last night was not a good one; I hope today is much better (and warmer).

I shouldn't be on the morning thread because I should have been at boot camp. However, difficult child woke up really early this morning (before 3:00 this morning) and has been waking us up every half hour or so. husband and I just couldn't get out of bed as we are way too tired. Long story as to why.

It's very cold here (6 below) but we are going to creep into the 20s and then by next week there are a couple of 40s in the forecast:)

Wishing everyone a great day!!

Marguerite

G'day for Friday.

SFR, I'd be freezing at those temperatures too. Enjoy your personal space time.

We had a busy day today. I had arranged for difficult child 3 to spend the morning at school, three teachers lined up to see him. By the last one, he was mentally exhausted and couldn't do any work in that subject, so we just chatted. Next time. Then it was off to the therapist, then off to do some shopping. difficult child 3 drove all day, he's got enough learning hours up now to have driving school lessons ready for his licence test. He also had a very strong lesson - we were stopped by a very nasty accident coming into the village. No way around it, there is only one road in, and it was blocked while they got the person out of the car. Ambulance, police, fire brigade all there in plenty. Not sure, it might have been a fatality. I have to go to the local shops tomorrow, I'll find out then from village gossip.

Tomorrow I don't have to be anywhere. It's been hot today, hot and humid. Sticky. But the cool change has just moved through. ONly a mild one, it brings a little rain which I think has already stopped (blast it). So if tomorrow is hot, I'll go for a swim. If it is not hot, I'll get some work done. Win-win.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning!

I've dropped difficult child off at school (field trip day for PE today - ice skating and laser tag - "to foster a life of physical activity"), done the weekly grocery shopping, hit Target, and put the groceries away. I'm preheating the oven to try something new - I've been hearing a lot about kale chips. I'm going to make a batch. I'm also trying another recipe, lemon chicken in the slow cooker. It's a day of new recipes. After the kitchen stuff, I'll work on straightening and vacuuming the downstairs.

SFR - keep warm today girl - I'm always a little on edge when the morning starts rough for my difficult child - he's so "in the moment" - seems a bad start carries through the day :( Hope your difficult child has a better rest of the day.

Sharon - you are already in the classroom I imagine - hope your morning was smooth. Enjoy the weekend.

Marg - glad you have a quiet Saturday planned! My difficult child got his learner's permit study book from the DMV last week - he will be eligible to take the written test at our division of motor vehicles on the 23rd of this month - kinda scary thought. He won't take it in school until the fall, but I had easy child driving with me for quite a while before she qualified for the license - I'm going to have difficult child driving with me for looooooooonnnnnnnnngggggg time before he's on his own!!!!!

Have a great weekend all!

Sharon