Good Friday Morning

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Happy Good Friday to those that celebrate. :angel:

I woke up early, hopped in the shower, poured a cup of coffee and checked my email. Duckie was to have a voice lesson this morning but her instructor had to go out in the middle of the night to help a very sick friend so we have a quiet morning. We're going bowling with her cousins later and she'll have a sleepover with her bff.

Oh... and we're bringing our travel mugs to Starbucks for free coffee!

Have a great day!. :salute:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Morning TM & all who follow,

TM, enjoy that free coffee & your free morning.

I'm getting ready to travel down to celebrate the holiday with my family. kt's Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) staff C's grandpa lives south of my father so she's hitching a ride to keep kt off my case & will give me a break with driving. It's good to have a person in the car who will have an entire discussion with you with-o her rolling her eyes or treating you like you're dumber than dirt. (That's why I have Lenny's car seat in the front passenger seat ~ he doesn't talk back or make me crazy.)

Have a good day, friends.

M

ML

I hope you have a great Good Friday!
Working and going out to celebrate bff birthday tonight. husband is going out with AA buddies to support a friend in recovery and manster will hang with grammy. Woke up to gorgeous sunny weather. I'm lovin' it!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-A quiet morning sounds nice! Sounds like Duckie has a busy day ahead:)

Linda-Enjoy your time with your family! Wave when you drive by Madison:)

ML-Sounds like a fun night ahead!!:)

Things are momentarily quiet here (due to difficult child being absorbed in a show). Not much planned for today, hoping to get in a workout. Right now I'm also planning on driving easy child/difficult child around while she job hunts.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:)

Marguerite

G'day everyone.

TM, enjoy your quiet morning.

Linda, drive safely and enjoy the company.

ML, enjoy your warmer weather and tonight's birthday party.

Sharon/WO, good luck for easy child/difficult child in the job hunting.

We have had our typical Good Friday. Off to church in the morning, followed by coffee/tea and hot cross buns on the veranda. Although it was an early morning service, it was almost lunchtime when we got home. husband's back is still bad, I kept reheating his hot pack through church, we found him an armchair to sit in.

This afternoon I made our church candle - it's the annual candle, it is supposed to be installed on Easter Sunday, and it is made up of all the previous year's candles plus contributions from every church family plus visitors. The candle is long, which means the wax cavitates as it shrinks so I have to keep the cavity open and top it up with hot wax. This candle cavitated badly, I hope I managed to fill the hole. Tomorrow we'll unmould it - usually husband does it for me but with his bad back, it will be a problem. Once it's unmoulded I clean it up then decorate it with glass paint. I must do that tomorrow so it is dry for Sunday. Sunday's service is whole village one, at sunrise on the beach. Cold!

Our shops are all shut on Good Friday. Not only is it a public holiday here, but it is one where most places shut down. Malls, stores, supermarkets. Tonight we had our usual family Good Friday meal - Grandma's macaroni cheese. I can't eat it, it's too greasy for me, so I made some pasta. We had easy child 2/difficult child 2 and SIL2 arrive mid-afternoon while I was mid-candle, it was lovely to have them for dinner. They're staying overnight with us. So they were here when easy child rang and finally broke the news to her sister and brother that she is expecting a baby before Christmas. husband & I have known for over a week but were sworn to secrecy.

Now our kids know - we can tell everybody!

Marg

cubsgirl

Happy Friday All.

TM - Free coffee sounds wonderful. I hope you enjoy your quiet morning.

TL - Glad that you have someone along for at least part of the drive that you can talk to. It's good to have additional support for kt for the trip.

ML- have fun tonight at the birthday party!

WO- we are in the process of providing transportation for easy child to fill out applications. She's 17 too and finally getting it through her head that she needs to save for college.

Marg - CONGRATS! I bet you and your family are so excited!

Not much going on here....drinking some HMJ and will go to the gym to exercise later and make a trip to Target. The kids are off today so it's nice to have them home. I'm looking for a part-time job too so I might inquire at a few places.

Happy Friday to everyone who comes along later!