Good Friday Night!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yes I am up... I am heading upstairs to read and my computer does not travel up there... boo hoo... it also makes it look like I am getting some sleep. :sleeping:

Well K started the Neurontin tonight!!! Wish us all well. She seemed OK this evening, a bit "up". She destroyed her therapist's office yesterday... that was fun. I don't know why but it is a little bit good to have the "professionals"see her in action at times. :sword: Know what I mean??

I just wanted to wish any of you night owls a wonderful evening! I am going to cuddle with my 2 kitties... Big Momma and Annie "Nanner" and try and read some more of Wrights Law... that should knock me out!

Actually K, N and I made an apple pie from the apples we picked, it was awesome, they helped with the whole thing, even rolled the dough. K really did a lot, N just ate a lot. It was out first girls pie and it was great! We used a Martha Stewart recipe. Vanilla ice cream.... mmmm

Hope some of us get some sleep and good morning to any of you early birds!!! :coffee:

Marguerite

G'day totoro, sorry you can't sleep. I was thinking it was a bit early. I mean, I could have posted ages ago but these days i try to wait for someone else to start. otherwise I'd be starting the morning thread all the time!

The apple pie sounds good. I remember my mother's apple pies - mostly a very thick layer of crust with somewhere in there, a thin sliver of apple. But she made fabulous apple jelly. I'd be watching the juice drip for days.

And as for reading text books - I always figure it's a win-win situation. If it doesn't put you to sleep, you end up learning stuff.

It's mid-late afternoon here. I just sent difficult child 3 out to deal with the chooks - collect eggs, help me dig out the chookhouse into the vegetable garden, that sort of thing. I want a big pot full of dirt so I can plant a small herb garden. I also need to put a bit more dirt in the tomato pot. It's a warm spring day, with a lot of heat forecast for tomorrow. I'm supposed to be going to the book launch for my friend (the book I worked on for her) at some stage tomorrow, but it will be at the hottest part of the day, heading for the century, in the old numbers.

About an hour ago husband got home from playing trains (laying new track, actually) and visited the fish market on the way home, so we have fresh bream for dinner. Not sure what else - the only lettuce we have is what is growing, and I've picked just about the last of it for lunch. We'll have to buy lettuce through summer, it just takes too much water in the worst of the heat. I did have more lettuces, but I think the cockatoos got to them when the net briefly blew off the vegetables. The rotten birds! They don't eat the lettuce, just decapitate it for fun.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning (too late now to say good night :smile: ),

Totoro-I hope you are sleeping soundly by now :sleeping: I do know what you mean about the doctor seeing difficult child in action. Making the pies sounds like it was fun.

Marguerite-An herb garden sounds lovely. Some year I need to try that!

We had a real fall like day yesterday-blustery and cold. Today it is supposed to get to 70-go figure :autumn:

I'm off to work in a bit. At some time today I will hit the health club and then more napping is in order (I napped yesterday after work as well and went to bed early :sleeping:)

Tonight we're meeting some dear friends for dinner after difficult child falls asleep. Michigan is playing a night game but husband temporarily forgot when he scheduled the dinner. It's o.k. as I'm really looking forward to seeing these friends.

I hope everyone enjoys a great Saturday and finds time to do something nice for themselves :bath:

LittleDudesMom

:coffee: Good Morning Everyone!

Totoro, hopefully you are catching the mizzing zzzzs as I post this. Sounds like a fun activity - making the pie together!

Marg, fresh fish for dinner sounds good - I love fish! We are having the migrating starling issues now. They are incredibly noisy and messy! They are usually here for about 2 or 3 weeks in the fall and the spring. Last fall they roosted in my bamboo (hundreds and hundreds of them). We had such a mild winter, that they stayed from September until April :nonono: It was really noisy and very, very, smelly! But, they have returned and are roosting somewhere else nearby. They have been roosting in my bamboo for years. It is wonderful that they have found another home.

Sharon, sounds like you have a nice day planned. Napping and dinner out with friends sounds like a fab plan! Hope difficult child has settled a bit. How is easy child doing?

Well bonehead is coming through, I think. You know that I can't call it till I see it with him! Since it's a total girlie day today, I suggested to bonehead that he do something with difficult child today (since it been months since they did something). I found out there was an air show at a small local airport around here and difficult child loves planes! So, I mentioned it to bonehead this week. Last night he called and asked difficult child if he wanted to go to an airshow - told him he would pick him up at 9. difficult child is excited and, or course so is easy child as homecoming day has finally arrived!!!!!

You know what I will be doing today - tonight I will grill out with a friend. Hope you all find some fun stuff to day today as well :thumb:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

totoro, hope you're catching up on sleep.

Marg, there's a train park quite close to my parents house - it's been there over 30 years. It started out quite small with just a couple of people & now has grown to be quite an undertaking as it's on over 4 acres of land. We can take the kids down on any given weekend & get rides.

Sharon, I'm with you - gotta love those naps. Enjoy dinner out tonight with your friends.

Sharon, an all girls day sounds fun.

I'm sipping fresh hmj :coffee: & catching up on the news; the world. I've avoided the news of late.

kt is off at respite so it promises to be a quiet couple of days. :dance:

The sun is out - after 6 days of rain! :bravo: I'll be out in my backyard bird sanctuary cleaning feeders & just dinking around in the sunshine. Of course, that's after a bit of grocery shopping & a bit of cleaning.

Enjoy your day - keep it calm. Hug your loved ones. :flower: