Good gravy... you just have to laugh

slsh

member since 1999
Honestly, sometimes you just have to laugh. Please join in with me: :rofl:

Last week, he informed me: "It's not worth my time to come home for my birthday."

Hmmm, okay. Pressing social engagements? I didn't ask.

This week, he informed me: "It's not worth my time to wait for a train for an hour. I'd rather catch the 1:30 because it's more convenient."

And then, when I pointed out that would put him at the station at 2:30, which is what time the 2 young ones get out of school plus 10 minutes before Boo gets home, plus I'm in the middle of work, he hit me with this gem: "Well, why can't you guys just come up to get me?"

Yes, I'm *quite* sure that me driving 1 hour each way, in the horrendous Chicago traffic on a Friday afternoon, would be far more convenient for him, but somehow? It doesn't work so much for me, especially with the gas prices these days. Plus, I absolutely *detest* traffic - don't know how people sit at a dead-stop every day of the week!! :crazydriver:

I first tried pointing out that life simply isn't "convenient". Apparently it *is* in thank you-World and his time is just so uber-valuable that an hour at the train station is completely unthinkable. So then I tried to point out that schlepping all over northern IL for the last 8 years to see him/pick him up in various placements has been rather "inconvenient" for the other 5 members of this family. Went right over his head.

I guess the good news is that more often than not, he leaves me speechless most of the time lately.

:hammer: :919Mad: :hammer: :919Mad: :hammer: :919Mad:

Steely

Yep...........speechless. That is exactly where I am at with my difficult child. Speechless, motionless, baffled - the list goes on and on.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well now isn't that special. He can't wait an hour at the station but you can drive an hour each way. I so understand that (not). Gotta love difficult child logic.

Beth

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Geez, Sue - you didn't drop everything including Boo & pick thank you up? I'm stunned! :rofl::highvoltage::crazydriver: I'm disappointed! My god, you'd think that thank you wasn't important or something. :slap::winks:

It makes you want to stop beating your head against that wall this isn't going anywhere anyhow.

Here's to a good day!

LittleDudesMom

Sue,

You mean to tell me that thank you thinks the world revolves around him :surprise:? Suprising concept!! Don't you just want to shake your head and wonder "when will they get it?"

Sharon

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
They all seem to think they are the center of the universe and don't understand when we tell them their theory is incorrect. I'm with TM you're time is valuable - I'd make him walk!!!!!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Yeah - you gotta laugh - but at almost 24, mine is not much better Sue.

He came home not in such a good state on Fri - sometime, oh, about 2:30 in the morning - and started ranting there is something wrong with his dogs eye - it was swollen shut and despite his raving, she did have an eyeball in there :( So I am up at 6:00 Fri morning with now 4 hours sleep, going out the door with SO who had a doctor appointment at 7:00 and he started yelling cause he wanted me to take his dog to the vet - he would do it but couldn't cause he had ERRANDS to run.

I just stopped dead in my tracks, turned around and said are you kidding me?? I spent most of the day yesterday taking your sorry butt to court, and am missing work again for a few hours cause I gotta take SO to the doctor, and you have errands to run - your too busy to take YOUR dog to the vet - and I am supposed to squeeze in work when exactly?? He is still ranting as I get in the car so I flipped him the bird and took off..

You just gotta have a sense of humor at the absurdity sometimes..

Marcie