Good Grief! Paris is out of jail...

DDD

:smile: Maybe I am taking this just a little bit too personally BUT my kid can't even get out of jail on bail when he
violates probation. :grrr: Paris had medical issues that made
it OK for her to serve her time at the family mansion. HUH???

Yes, many of our CD family members have kids with certifiable medical conditions who can't even get medicine in the facilities!

Can you tell that I am SICK of "the system"?????? DDD

witzend

I can't even bring myself to get angry about the judicial system anymore, it's too obviously skewed to the wealthy.

DammitJanet

Serve her time at the family mansion? LOL. Oh that is rich!

I wonder if they would volunteer to have other inmates at the family mansion too? Maybe Cory would turn himself in to serve his time with Paris! Sounds like a good time to me!

First there is the posh "rehabs" with the open door policies of go and come as you please with no consequences. Life is too harsh at the normal rehabs. Ugh.

F

flutterbee

Oh, come on guys. She's going to take the time to reflect on how to make the world a better place. Her attorney said so. So it must be true. :rolleyes:

It's disgusting what they are letting her get away with.

Steely

I am gonna be SICK!
Janet I love your idea about Cory, perhaps you could let them know that like Paris, Cory "will not eat the jail food, and therefore has a medical condition warranting his release."
Good grief!!!!! What a prima donna!!!!

skeeter

we've got a huge argument going on here about building a new jail.
Maybe I should bring up to our county commissioners that they can send OUR inmates to the Hilton Mansion instead????

As a community volunteer that works with police officers and court procedings, this whole thing totally disgusts me.

DammitJanet

Well now we know how to fund prisons. We can let the Hiltons do it! Since Paris is going to "contemplate how to make the world a better place" I think she should put her money where her mouth is and fix the penal system in this country.

She can put all that Hilton money and fame to good use.

rejectedmom

I cannot tell you what this does to me emotionally with all I am currently going through with my difficult child's situation. My son has been in jail for a probation violation that was merely a 20 min trip to the local walmart which got him kicked out of his Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

The Wealthy Witch (with a capital B) has a medical problem that prevents her from serving her prison time but doesn't prevent her from partying hardy staying out all night and driving without a licence and under the influence? It is not only is disgusting it is totally unjust. -RM

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I really feel sorry for her, "she is trying so hard to be strong, this is a very hard time for her and her family."

We just don't understand how hard it was for her... we should be applauding her strengths and convictions to make this world a better place...

Oh, wait a minute I was in the land of DENIAL again for a moment... sorry I lost it. Back to the real world.

Maybe we should all send her some flowers and a card from the board here and let her know how we feel... poor baby!

I can not imagine how this makes those of you feel with children in the system... my heart goes out to all of you. :kisses: (not Paris)

DDD

I wonder if the family will be "wise" enough to keep visitors
away from their home so we won't be bombarded with photos of the
elite coming to meet!

Like RM........I take this personally! I know it doesn't help anything, but I sure do object! DDD

meowbunny

Shocked and saddened, but not surprised. Oh, wait -- she managed to be in jail for more than 24 hours. Now, THAT was a surprise!

Sadly, there is no question the system is skewed to favor the wealthy. The rich kid gets a group home or house arrest while his friend without the good attorney gets 2 years prison. A child from the suburbs gets drug rehab for possession for personal use. A child from the inner city carrying the exact same amount of drugs will get 10 years. Justice may be blind but it certainly isn't just!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Way to step up and be a role model......Bleeeeecccckkkkkk. Medical condition??? She was sick of sitting in a cell????</span>

:slap:

Sheila

It's things like this that make me distrust "the system," -- no matter what "system" it is.

Th powers that be sent a really bad message to society in general. Very sad.

They sent a really bad message to our youth in particular. It makes me livid.

donna723

Yeah, I nearly choked when I heard that "role model" B.S.! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

First, she got her original sentence cut in half for "good behavior" BEFORE she was even locked up! Then she's sent to a "celebrity" jail and was essentially in protective custody. And now the poor thing is too <u>sick</u> to stay in jail! Oh, please! And then they have the nerve to say that she's <u>not</u> getting special treatment!?!?!

I think they should have thrown her scrawny pampered rear in the REAL jail, just like everybody else! Put her right in there with the hookers and all the other colorful characters! She should have been treated no differently than anybody else who had done the same thing! In the REAL jail if you're sick, you sign up for sick call and then stand in line at the pill window ... they don't let anybody else go home because they don't <u>like</u> it at the jail! If it worked that way, I'd be out of a job! It's so nice to know that the Hilton mansion is now going to be a correctional facility! We could send them a few of our most charming axe-murderers and serial killers that we have locked up where I work! I'm sure they'd be thrilled to get a "transfer"!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Words cannot express just how truely disgusting this is! They're treating it like a joke. But really, if one of your loved ones was hurt or killed by some irresponsible ditz who was driving while partying, would you feel any better about it knowing that it was Paris Hilton and she's "special"?

donna723

This is what it says on the website for one of our local TV stations ...

LOS ANGELES -- Hours after Paris Hilton was sent home under house arrest early Thursday, the Los Angeles judge who originally put her in jail ordered her back to court to determine whether he should return her to jail.

Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer issued his order after the city attorney filed a petition late Thursday afternoon demanding to show cause why Sheriff Lee Baca should not be held in contempt of court for releasing Hilton early and demanding that Hilton be held in custody.

Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini said Hilton was ordered to report to court at 9 a.m. Friday.

He added that although Hilton is at home she is technically in custody already because she is under house arrest.

Hilton reported to jail in Lynwood, south of downtown Los Angeles, Sunday night after attending the MTV Movie Awards.

A sheriff's spokesman said she was fitted with an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet and sent home 2 a.m. Thursday.

She was ordered to finish her 45-day sentence under house arrest, meaning she could not leave her Hollywood Hills home until next month.

:nonono:

I really don't understand how a sheriff would have the legal authority to release her after she had been sentenced by a judge to serve time! It sure doesn't work that way where I work! A sheriff doesn't decide is someone goes to jail or is allowed to be on "house arrest" - the courts decide that!