Good job Diva!

Andy

I am so proud of Diva. Her boyfriend pulled a form of the, "Oh, pity me! If you don't ___________, I am going to ___________". You know the one where the guy will feign suicide to get the girl to drop her life in a effort to save him and in the process give him all the "Oh, don't, please don't! I love you! Don't! I'll do anything, just don't" response?

boyfriend didn't have $$$ to go out the other night so Diva accepted an invite to the movies with another guy. boyfriend and Diva have only been going out for about a month so no fast and true bonds yet and they are allowed to have friends and do things without each other (boyfriend is having a hard time with this - not when he is going out with others, but when Diva is - so typical scenario). All of a sudden, boyfriend comes into some $$$. Diva says, "No, I have already made plans for tonight." "Well, I am very upset and if you will not go out with me tonight, I will take my $$$ and go drink." Lo and behold, Diva does not react as he planned (you don't mess with Diva and this type of manipulation will not be successful on her). He has $$$ and a choice to make - go drink as you threatened (no skin off Diva's back) or sit and be stunned because you are NOT going to be rescued. In fact, your behavior probably just lost yourself a friend!

Go Diva Go! You don't need to play these stupid mind games.

M

ML

Go Diva! Just don't go back and check on him now. You're on your way! I wish I had learned this stuff when I was her age.