Good Middle of the Week Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

We are back to summer weather here in the southeast! :hot:

Monday and Tuesday were lovely crisp mornings and beautiful fall days. But summer is back! I think we are back in the 90's through Saturday....

Back to School night last night - first one of high school! How those kids found their way around the building the first couple days is a mystery!! I felt like I walked 29 miles last night! I liked most of his teachers. One seems a little weak - almost a body filling a space - we'll see...everyone already knew who he was (!)(?)

Grocery shopping this morning and then housework. Have some laundry to finish up and I also have to wrap easy child's birthday presents. Her birthday is Sunday and she asked if her two friends, boyfriend, difficult child and my cousin could have an early Sunday dinner on the patio for her birthday. She has requested my kidney bean and mandarin orange salad, a tossed salad, and chicken/apple sausage for her birthday meal. I'm going to surprise her with an ice-cream cake. She loves ice-cream!!

I hope your middle of the week is a good one - tomorrow we will begin the weekend decent.....;)

Sharon

Rabbit

Good Morning Friends! I will be cleaning today! Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
I think it was some one in this group that told me "you can lead them to water but u can not make them drink, and sometimes u have to watch them dehydrate." Sending hugs to all Rabbit

Sharon- Sounds like it will be a wonderful party for your easy child. happy birthday to her.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, your legs must be tired afterlast night. easy child's planned birthday dinner sounds lovely. Just make sure she doesn't invite people on Facebook! A girl in England did this, posted it publicly by mistake and 21,000 people sent RSVPs!

Rabbit, it is called SPRING cleaning, why re you cleaning now?

I'm hacking in to someone else's 'Net connection from mother in law's place, because difficult child 3 maxed out our monthly limit. It rolls over tonight, so it will be OK. But he's back home, going into withdrawal...

I had a quiet day at home today, difficult child 3 pottering along. I was trying to organise accommodation for the family for an upcoming wedding up in the country, as well as a separate family event on the other side of Sydney in a couple of weeks. I've got a backlog of this kind of telephone/'Net negotiations. Tonight I threw together some vegetables and what I could scavenge (including some vegetables bordering on compost) and did a stir-fried vegetables and pork (it was somewhere in there) in plum sauce. It tasted a lot better than it sounds.

Tomorrow difficult child 3 has another day at school. I have a meeting there which will start as soon as I get there. I've also got a large bag of papers for another upcoming meeting at the school, I'll have the two week's school holiday to go through the papers before the meeting second day back next term. Also tomorrow, because I have to borrow mother in law's car again, I can't leave until I've driven her to the bus stop for a day's outing down the coast with her friends. I'll need to be back in time to meet the bus on its return, so tomorrow will be a fast trip in to the city, then a fast trip home. No stopping off to shop. Tomorrow night's dinner will be leftovers. But oh, what a range of leftovers we have!

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning everyone!

Sharon, your plans for pcs b'day sound lovely. And it is warm here today as well - strange, is it Indian Summer already?
Rabbit, I love doing a deep cleaning uninterrupted. If people are around, forget it. But I love purging before the winter months.
Marg, actually, your dinner sounded very yummy to me. I once ate something similar sounding, but the restaurant has since closed. Maybe I'll try something like that at home.

My assistant returned this week - earlier than expected - and it's been nice getting back into the groove of having her around again.

Today is my mother's 88th birthday! Happy birthday Mom!! My sister in PA is hosting a large event on 10/2 for her and we're going - should be a lot of fun!

Class tonight. Enjoy the day everyone!