Good Middle of the Week Morning!!!

LittleDudesMom

:hi5: Ok, we have made it to the half-way mark! Always a reason to smile - I can usually find one in anything (it's the foolish optimism in me).

It is so hot here - high humidity and temps in the 90's -- I'm holding the weatherman to his prediction that it will feel like fall this weekend.

This is an odd day so difficult child gets out at 10:30 and will work today until 4.

:angel2: *Remembrances today for 9/11.

Wishing all an event-free day.

*Sharon

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Good morning! Hope your day is peaceful.

Rose woke me early and then i poured scalding coffee all over myself. Not her though! Today can only go up!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon~ We're as hot as hades here too but should be in the 50s & 60s this weekend.

Annie~ Careful with that coffee!

I'm having an "off" day. My intentions are good but we'll see how much I get done. Please hold a good thought for Duckie. Today is the final day for volleyball tryouts and she wants this so badly. Problem is, she's not the most athletic kid so there's a chance she won't make the cut. I was pleased with her yesterday: she got changed for tryouts in the MS locker room, walked to the elementary building next door and did all her homework except one social studies question before tryouts started. Then she had me take her to drop off what she didn't need back at the middle school and picked up her viola from the music wing so she could still practice last night. She does seem to be trying to stay organized and to work smart.

I'm home with the contractors again today so it's a good day for laundry, etc. I'm just happy they finally hooked up our new ac unit yesterday. It was already in the 80s inside by the time it was up and running. Our old one died just as we were starting the addition so we opted to get a bigger and more efficient unit but that means we haven't had ac for the last three weeks or so.

Have a great day! :warrior:

Good Morning,

LDM, It's hot here too, temps supposed to reach the 90's, high humidity, thunderstorms on and off, etc., etc., etc... I'll be glad to see fall temps this weekend too! I haven't posted much or even done much "lurking" and didn't even know your difficult child is now employed! They grow up so quickly!

AnnieO, Hope you didn't burn yourself! Not a good way to begin your day! The positive is that Rose is coffee free. I think this is a good sign that the rest of the day will go more smoothly. Hope you have time to enjoy a fresh cup...

TM, Keeping all body parts crossed that Duckie makes the volleyball team... Way To Go Duckie!! I'm amazed at how organized she was yesterday!! Sounds like the school year is off to a great start:D.
Can't believe I've been complaining about the heat after reading you've been without AC for so long!! Glad you finally have AC again!! I bet with the AC your off day will turn out to be a much better day than you think.

I'm super tired this morning. Stayed up way too late watching a documentary.:bloodshot: Hoping lots of coffee will revive me... If it doesn't work, there's always my exercise class...

As always, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

tiredmommy

SFR~ We got by okay without the central air. Our overall temps were slightly lower than average and we were able to "camp out" in the living room at night with a small portable unit on those few nights it was hot. But I don't think it would have been able to handle 90+ degrees and high humidity like we were facing yesterday and today. It was a must that the new unit was operational yesterday, especially with Duckie and I having asthma.

KTMom91

Good morning, ladies!

Hubby's back at work, still coughing with the bronchitis though. I've already done dishes (wish I still had a dishwasher) and have clothes in the dryer. Have to go out later and get more panther food, but otherwise it's an errand free day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!