Good Monday morning, June 13

pigless in VA

I am a little happy today, because I don't have to go to work. My step-mother is having surgery this morning, and she has asked me to hang out with my dad. Dad is slipping. He gets confused easily and then panics. My brother was going to be at the hospital with him, but bro is not someone who can sit and wait. He's more of a "doer." I don't mind waiting around with him, and it will give me an opportunity to see for myself how confused he is. He's still driving, and I'm not sure that's safe.

Lil, "strings camp" is a camp where kids go to play stringed instruments. They usually put on a concert afterward. Candy plays viola and is working on cello. She will get to do both at this camp and meet some of the kids. I want her to make friends, so she will feel more connected to the community up there.

Bingo was a BAD DOG yesterday. He had to spend some time in the dog pen on Saturday when we went to a graduation party. He hates the dog pen. Yesterday morning, I had the not so bright idea to clip his nails. He hates nail clipping. Then I went to his dog pen to tie some new ribbons to the electric fence in there. We had to use an electric fence, because Bingo is a digger and the farmhouse is right on a major highway. If he got out of the pen, he could run onto the road. Anyway, Bingo got mad at me and ran away. I've marked the edges of our property with little flags. He's been taught not to cross the flag lines, but I didn't know where he'd gone. I kept calling and calling and beeping his collar. He has to wear an e-collar while there in order to avoid this running away business. After a few minutes, he surfaced in the weeds on the east side of the river. He'd found a groundhog hole over there and was hunting. The good news was that he didn't cross a flag line, but the bad news was that he left me in the first place. He had to spend the rest of the morning tied to me by a rope. When I finished planting the beans and tomatoes, he was able to run around again. He went groundhog hunting again.

We saw a deer walking around on the highway early Saturday morning. Lil, I have a few small hostas, but the deer haven't discovered them yet. We also saw hummingbirds, a toad, eagles, groundhogs and some very small fish.

Have a pleasant Monday.

pasajes4

I am still working on the living room. I have decided not to sell. The idea of people tromping through my house is just more than I can handle.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Pigless-Sounds like something my dog would do.

pasajes-I can understand

I'm also very happy today because I do not have to go into work! Hello Summer!:beach: Already this morning I've been to bootcamp and walked Ella about 1 1/2 miles! A nap is coming soon. difficult child is at work for the morning and easy child/difficult child is heading to work soon. Not sure what the rest of the day holds but it should hopefully include a lot of relaxation:beautifulthing: Wishing everyone a beautiful Monday. Keeping Orlando in my thoughts and prayers this morning.

AppleCori

Good Morning!

It is beautiful outside right now, warm and sunny and slightly breezy, but the heat will soon be here. 91 today. We slept with the windows open last night, though. It was so perfect. Alas, we will not be doing that again for quite a while.

Right now I am waiting for daughter to get finished brushing her teeth so that I can get her to her summer program. She is taking computers and chemistry (her choice) and its only in the morning, but I will have a bit of time to myself! I have to be the first one there to get in the picking-up line, though, because she has ballet right after, so I will have to have some food ready for her to eat in the car, too. It is a busy next two weeks.

Not sure what I am doing with my precious moments alone. Probably some cleaning!

Apple

UpandDown

Good Morning! Happy Monday. My oldest graduated from hs this weekend and we had party for her. It was a wonderful day surrounded by family and friends. Difficult son got a job and had his first day of work at a fast food place in the mall. And he liked it!!! I will be sure to post more about that in another post, cause its HUGE. Wow, feeling very very blessed today. Orlando is in my mind and prayers too.

KTMom91

Good morning, all.

It's supposed to be 93 today. I need to start walking again, I know. Last night I didn't sleep well, so once Hubby goes to work, I'm going back to bed for an hour or so.

I have a review to write on The Girls by Emma Cline. Kind of Manson-inspired, but told from the perspective of a girl that got away. Good book.

I'm also reading If You Left by Ashley Prentice Norton. Althea is bipolar and is fighting to keep her marriage and home life level after numerous hospitalization. I just started it, but it's good so far.

Have the usual dishes and laundry to do, and want to spend some time sorting in Miss KT's closet. I'm amazed at the amount of junk she left behind when she moved five years ago. I know, I'm a bit slow.

Wishing everyone a no-meltdown Monday!

so ready to live

Beautiful springlike Monday in Indiana. We need rain-maybe this wk. I'll work outside today. We are finishing some meatbirds to go to butcher (we call it "freezer camp". Sorry, but if we're going to eat chicken, I have to raise it myself so I know what's in it! ...and that it lived it's life happily fed. In all we have 40 chickens right now including layers and chicks who will be layers.
Hubby and I are talking long and hard about retirement and what we want to be when we grow up. I have much to ponder in that area. He has always jumped into decisions with both feet and just lived happily with consequences. I ruminate over decisions until they are chewed to death and we're all so sick of my mental toiling we simply give up never having made any choice. His way is certainly healthier and that being said...I need to take a long walk.:halfsmile:

witzend

A very difficult day for me here in Charlotte, NC. It will be very hot, but that's not the primary difficulty.

As many of you know, I sing with choral groups. For the last year I have been singing with the local LGBTA(ffirmative) chorus. The slaughter in Orlando this weekend comes just one week before our big summer burlesque themed show. NC has been at the forefront of the "bathroom law" nonsense, but it was in response to the equal rights law passed in Charlotte, so we have support here.

We will be singing a vigil on Wednesday.

Over the 4th of July weekend we will be in Denver, CO with the International GALA Choral Festival. There will literally be thousands of us from all over the globe gathered. Think good thoughts for us, and go beyond. Stand up for every human - whatever your thoughts on guns are, we all deserve to live our lives without the fear that someone will murder us because they hate a certain group of people. Be heard.

in a daze

iew to write on The Girls by Emma Cline. Kind of Manson-inspired, but told from the perspective of a girl that got away. Good book.

I'm also reading If You Left by Ashley Prentice Norton. Althea is bipolar and is fighting to keep her marriage and home life level after numerous hospitalization. I just started it, but it's good so far

I'm going to check these books out, KT. Right now, I'm reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.
If anyone has a good book, let me know.

I'm off today. I'm going to go to the gym. I hate going to the gym, but if I don't do it, my knee starts to hurt.

Scent of Cedar *

Good Morning, Everybody

:smile:

Pigless, Bingo was indeed a bad boy to do what he did. I think you are handling things well. Our little guy is tiny. We have to watch him like hawks. Sometimes, he still manages to sneak away. Then, selectively hard of hearing little Difficult Child dog that he can be around issues of wandering through the forest, he pretends not to hear us unless we are close enough to pick him up. Then? He runs into our arms like he's never been so happy to see us!

:hellosoldier:

Lately when he does that I have been pretending I like his stuffed animal baby, who does not do things like escaping into the forest the second we are not watching, better than him. It has a squeaky. That, he can hear.

:O)

Having grown up in a dysfunctional family does have its benefits.

I know.

Bad Cedar.

Good Morning! Happy Monday. My oldest graduated from hs this weekend and we had party for her. It was a wonderful day surrounded by family and friends. Difficult son got a job and had his first day of work at a fast food place in the mall. And he liked it!!! I will be sure to post more about that in another post, cause its HUGE. Wow, feeling very very blessed today. Orlando is in my mind and prayers too

Wow, UpandDown. Very happy for you and your family. You are right. This is HUGE!

Hubby and I are talking long and hard about retirement and what we want to be when we grow up.

What an exciting time for you!

:O)

Over the 4th of July weekend we will be in Denver, CO with the International GALA Choral Festival. There will literally be thousands of us from all over the globe gathered. Think good thoughts for us, and go beyond. Stand up for every human - whatever your thoughts on guns are, we all deserve to live our lives without the fear that someone will murder us because they hate a certain group of people. Be heard.

Witz, you are amazing.

I'm reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.

I am planning to read that, in a daze.

Wishing us all a really nice day. I love it that we check in with one another here in the morning.

Thank you, pigless.

Cedar

Nomad

Staff member
It was a weird weekend and day for me.

Our daughter has moved into her condo. It's been a week and a half. The HOA Pres. Has called twice to complain and the neighbor has called once.

We know lots of,people in Orlando and visit often. It is upsetting.

Other than those difficulties, it's been a fairly good day. We finally have our summer travel plans organized...they include a trip to Orlando and another to Either Ga or NC, possibly both.