Good Monday Morning on Memorial Day

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

It's Memorial Day which is a sure sign that summer is almost here. It's also a time to remember all who have fought for our freedom and who are currently fighting. They are in my thoughts and prayers today.

I'll be heading to the health club early as the playroom for kids closes as noon today. sister in law, niece, and her boyfriend are coming for a barbecue of brats and burgers today. I'm going to splurge and have a brat-yum!

It's already 64 degrees here-feels nice! I'm hoping warmer temps are here to stay but I'm not kidding myself-this is Wisconsin after all!

Wishing everyone a day fill with peace.:kisses:

Marguerite

G'day, Sharon.

Enjoy your public holiday and the start of summer. The barbecue and family get-together sounds like it will be fun.

I had a moderately productive day today - difficult child 1 had a day off work which unfortunately for him filled up fast. First he had to get his car to the garage for the first service in his ownership. From what the mechanic said, it looks like it's the first service this car has seen, ever. The previous owner apparently hasn't had anything ever done to it, apart from getting a new engine put in. So what the H did they do to the first one? Considering how black and cruddy the air cleaner, the oil filter and just about everything else was, I'd say this car has been caned. They replaced the spark plugs, the distributor cap, they still need to do the brakes and most of the leads. The speedo isn't hooked up (so there's no way of really knowing the mileage on the beast) and a lot of stuff just isn't working. difficult child 1 was a typical difficult child - vulnerable to exploitation.

After that I had to drive difficult child 1 out to his agency, the ones that help him in the workplace due to his disability. They had to take him to Centrelink, our federal welfare agency, to sort out paperwork. And as usual, things got stuck in the works so there are still problems. Centrelink expect him to be available to drop in any time, which isn't easy when you are working in a new job full-time.

We got a lot of tricky paperwork tasks done today, his car is much better but needs more work (on Saturday) and I even got my car in for its tyres and registration renewal. husband is going to organise difficult child 1's birth certificate application (needed for the application for marriage) so we're getting closer to the Big Day. difficult child 1 & I were trying to organise the honeymoon booking this afternoon, but I think he & girlfriend need to talk a bit more about where they want to go.

Tomorrow - more paperwork, plus watching difficult child 3 to make sure he gets enough schoolwork done. I hate having to leave him on his own like I needed to today. Tomorrow I have to give him the exams I wasn't able to today, hopefully we'll get all three done so we can hand them in on Wednesday when we go to his school in the city.

Busy, busy...

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:proudamerican:Good Morning Everyone and thanks to all the brave men and woman who have served, and who are serving, our beautiful country. You are everyday heros.

Sharon, enjoy your cookout! Good thing you are going to the gym. I am watching the Today Show and just saw a piece about bbq food. A regular hamburger, chips, pot salad, one brat without bread, and a dessert will take 6.2 hours on the treadmill to get rid of!!!!!!!!!! Good thing I cooked chicken yesterday :surprise:

Marg, sounds like an exceptionally busy day for you today! Good luck with difficult child 3's testing today. Find a few minutes to breath deeply for yourself :redface:.

No cookout for difficult child and myself today. But we will warm the grilled leftovers from yesterday. I am running a little slow this morning. I slept until almost 8 this morning - going to bed at one and a few glasses of wine were probably to blame:naive:.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the folks in the midwest where the tornados were devestating yesterday. Hope all our members and their families are safe.

Enjoy your Monday - just because it's a holiday does not mean that meltdowns are allowed today!!

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- It sounds like you'll have a nice day. It's in the sixties here as well. I love late spring!

Marg- You sound incredibly busy as ever! I hope difficult child 3's exams get done.

We hope to relax today. We're all overtired and need a quiet day, so we'll putter between the rain drops.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. It's a good day to remember those who have fought and gave their lives for us. I am grateful for their sacrifice.

Wiped out, my husband loves his brats. Enjoy your day. The weather sounds promising.

Marge, your calendar makes me tired just reading it. Have a productive day.

LDM, sounds like yesterday was a fun day for you. It's nice to sleep in.

TM, you have been in overdrive for a while. Hope a day of rest will recharge your batteries.

We had a friend visit for the weekend. It was a lot of fun. husband and he were busy the whole time.
It is going up to 85 today or so they say. It's incredibly pleasant with lots of sun shine. Time to start with the sunblock.
difficult child volunteered to work an extra shift over the weekend. :bigsmile: He is really trying to decide what to do next. Should he move out to an apt. or stay put? It's tough with lots of pros and cons to consider. He is still unable to grasp the money situation so it may be necessary to take that stumbling block away and work on some of his other issues.
easy child is happily working way too many hours.

I head back to my mom's tomorrow, for a couple of weeks. I installed a cable modem so I can work from the laptop while I'm there. :throwpc: Hopefully it will work. I feel incredibly isolated when I don't have internet access.

So have a great Monday and enjoy the holiday for those of us in the US. For most of us it is the official beginning of summer. :bbq: It's almost time to go to the pool and work on some relaxing summer reading. :beach:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

It's a beautiful morning here.....the sun shining & moderate comfortable temps.

Yesterday, however, we had tornadoes passing through here - husband, who was in a very untypical good mood, was walking about the house singing stormy weather, as we lost internet, then power....... goofball!

Power's back, back online ~

We plan on a relaxing day here today. kt has a few chores she should have completed yesterday; oh well.

Everyone have a good day ~ let's not forget the reason for this holiday.