Good Monday Morning (Our New Weekly Thread!)

Good Morning Everyone:coffee2:,

husband and I had a busy but nice weekend in spite of increasing cloudiness, humidity and rain. At least we were able to enjoy Saturday's fall festival without getting drenched. This morning it's very humid and raining. More of the same expected for the rest of the day... It's so hard to wake up when it's miserable outside... I've had three cups of coffee and am still waiting for the caffeine to kick in...:bloodshot:

It looks like my favorite sanity saver will need to have the lump on her leg surgically removed tomorrow. If so, she's going to have her teeth cleaned, a fractured tooth checked to see if it needs to be pulled, and a lump removed near her nose... I always stress out to the max when my fur baby needs anesthesia (has had a tough time with it in the past), and as she is getting very old, it makes me even more stressed. All good thoughts for tomorrow are greatly appreciated!

Other than stressing out and trying to wake up, things for the most part are going well. difficult child 3 and some of her friends visited difficult child 2 yesterday. I'll have to call him tonight and ask him about his day. I'm glad that difficult child 3 is able to spend some time with him given her busy schedule, as difficult child 1, like husband and I, now lives too far away for frequent visits.

Going to pour another cup, put a load of laundry in, give my favorite sanity saver a home beauty treatment, dry shampoo, comb out, since she really needs a good bath and I think it'll be awhile before she'll be able to have one.

As always, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... :pumpkin: SFR

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning SFR and all to follow!

I am at the office having a second cup of coffee and relishing these five minutes!

Glad to hear you and husband had a nice weekend. Positive thoughts for your little fur baby tomorrow.

The kids and I did our parking on Saturday and it was a long, tough, hot day! It ended up being 92 degrees and I felt everyone one of them!!! Yesterday was all about recovery! difficult child and I still have to empty out the back of my car of the supplies and cooler and such. Monday, Monday....

Wishing you a No Meltdown Monday :hi5:

*Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee2:

SFR~ I'm having the same caffeine delivery problem: I'm drinking it, but it's just not taking effect. It's a dreary, raining Monday morning here. I'm keeping a good thought for your dear pup, I understand intimately how terrifying putting an older pet under anesthesia can be. We've been doing the same with our almost 16 year old kitty with thyroid issues, not sure if the risk is worth the potential benefit. (((Hugs))) for your worried heart.

I will be hanging out here, working around the house and doing some painting upstairs. We have at least three more weeks. Ugh. I'm going out of my mind, I think. I hope to catch Duckie's volleyball game later and get to the grocery store too.

I took Duckie and a friend (she's a difficult child, too) to a nearby university to see a production of "The Secret Lives of Girls". It's a very powerful show and really shows you the world most of our girls (PCs and gsfgs alike) live in. I highly recommend it to any adult that parents or works with girls ages 11 and up. And, most girls should see it too. It may help to give them some insight into what is happening in their world.

On another note, it's been suggested that we start a weekly or even monthly check-in thread. For those of you that are fairly new, this forum has had a "good morning" thread for years that we have been attempting to resurrect. It gives members an opportunity to check in and just chat about the everyday things we do. My thinking (and that of other moderators) is that we try a weekly thread first to see how that goes. We may as well start with today's thread. So.... feel free to pop in and post a bit about your day on this thread throughout the week. This is open to all members in good standing, old and new. We can start a new thread next Monday. :)

Have a great day! :warrior:

Rabbit

Good morning all . Is there anyway to reflect that its a weekly thread in the title so members will know? Hugs Rabbit

cubsgirl

Good Morning All! It was a quiet weekend around here - and difficult child was on his best behavior. I ran out the store this morning and had to turn the heat on in the car (first time this season) - it makes me sad that summer is over and winter is coming but I do my best to enjoy each day as it comes and autumn is a beautiful time.

I hope everyone has a meltdown-free Monday.

KTMom91

Good afternoon, ladies!

My allergies are kicking in and I'm stuffy and swollen. Yuk! Haven't gotten anything done today.

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday!

Californiablonde

Good afternoon, everyone. It was a nice quiet weekend with the kids at their dad's. I went to the 99 cent store and picked up some really cute Halloween decorations, even though my kids say they are too old for decorations. When they got home and saw how I decorated the place, easy child said the place looks too cute and not scary enough. I am going to go back there this weekend and get some skulls and vampires since my son doesn't appreciate the cute little pumpkins and ghosts!

Last night was a terrible night for sleep for all of us. easy child didn't fall asleep till midnight and difficult child barely slept at all. I couldn't sleep knowing she couldn't sleep, so today I am extra anxious. Lack of sleep always does that to me. I am hoping we can all make up for it tonight. Today at work has been hell. I had all my truancy phone calls to make, then my boss comes in and gives me another list of parents to call for all of the tardies. Ugh! I am so glad to be done with it. I am hoping I won't have to make any more calls till next week. I hope you all are enjoying your Monday so far. I am looking forward to going home and taking a hot bath and hopefully getting some rest.

JennaJay

Hello everyone! I'm new here but have been lurking & reading for awhile. Your posts are very helpful to me :).

I have 3 kids (1 difficult child who is my oldest) & things are going pretty well for the moment (though hate to jinx myself!!).

I'll figure out how to do a signature, but in the meantime, I just wanted to come out of hiding & say hi. I look forward to getting to know you guys. This place is exactly what i need :)

Wishing everyone a great week!

Jenna

LittleDudesMom

Good Tuesday Morning!

Jenna, welcome out of lurkdom! If you look on the upper right of your page there is a "settings" link - click on it and it will take you where you need to go to set an avatar, do your signature, etc.

What a difference a day makes weather wise! Yesterday we were stuffy and muggy and this morning it was in the 50s! Not supposed to get out of the 60's today - maybe fall really is here at last!

Have a great day all.

*Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Welcome Jenna; glad you came out of hiding:)

Sharon-Hope those temps stay cool for you.

We are in for another pleasant day with a high of 73!! After work I think all four of us are going to see a movie on the IMAX (can't believe I can remember the name of it but it is suppose to be really good).

Wishing all a beautiful day!

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon, Today is supposed to be a beautiful fall day for us too:autumn::ghost::D.

TM, Thinking of you and your "fur baby" too... Hugs...

Jenna, "Hi" from me too...

WO, Enjoy the nice weather today. Have fun tonight at the IMAX.

Thank you, TM, and everyone who is thinking good thoughts for my favorite sanity saver's surgery. She was supposed to have it today but the vet's office called, told me they have a pet emergency and asked if I would mind bringing her in tomorrow. While I wish she could get it over with today, I'm glad to be able to help another "fur baby," even if it is just in a very small way. My favorite sanity saver and I will spend at least part of today enjoying the beautiful weather, taking a couple long leisurely walks. I appreciate all good thoughts, positive vibes, etc. that the surgery tomorrow goes quickly, smoothly, with a fast recovery... Thanks!

A bit of difficult child 2 drama last night. Hopefully we were able to help him resolve the issue through emails. The issue occurred due to his decision to put off something he should have taken care of last week. Normally, we would let him suffer through the negative consequences of his own poor decision to put off what should have been a top priority. However, this time it involved his phone and not wanting him to be without one, we helped out. It's tough sometimes when there are so many miles between us.

Going to pour another cup of coffee... As usual, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

tiredmommy

Jenna~ Welcome! I'm so sorry that you need us but glad you found our little corner of the internet.

SFR~ Enjoy your "gift day" with your pup. The weather sounds beautiful.

There's not a whole lot going on here, just watching the paint dry, etc. Lucky me! I do have to pick up Duckie early from volleyball because she has dance tonight. Fingers crossed that she doesn't have a lot of homework tonight.

And a funny: I've walked away from Duckie in the morning because she's miserable and has a way of ruining my day before it evens begins. I actually sleep in for half an hour later than her wake up time. So... husband has been taking the brunt of it. She was yelling and generally being a PITA this morning toward him today. So, before he left for work, he said "Has she always been like this? How did you stand it?". I chuckled and walked away.....

Have a great day! :warrior:

C

Confused

Hey everyone :) Hope your Tuesday morning is going well ( or went well) . Its 10:10 am here, and I just woke up from a nap- still tired :mornincoffee: (Sonic.. here I come for a Java Chiller-caramel !!!)
Gonna take my lil one to an eye appointment. A little chilly here except for the afternoons which is nice and warm. Good luck with your kiddos and fur-babies!

Good Morning Everyone,

It's supposed to be a nice fall day, sunny and cool. I'm hoping I'll be able to make it to my weight class after I drop my favorite sanity saver off for her surgery. Otherwise I've got to do some serious cardio! I haven't been to the health club since last Friday. Going to pour another cup of coffee, try to wake up a bit more, put on my work-out clothes, get my dog ready to go. I really appreciate all the good thoughts for my "fur baby." I know, when it comes to my dog, I'm over the top bonkers... I just love her so much!! I'll be very glad when today is over.

Last night difficult child 1 called us. He is doing well, looking forward to spending Christmas with us. Can't wait to see him!! Can't believe another year is almost over...!! Got to refill that cup now...

As always, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!!

SFR-Keeping all body parts crossed for your sanity saver this morning! So glad difficult child 1 is doing so well!!

Argh!!! This morning husband and I headed to bootcamp all happy. I kept noticing how busy the traffic was compared to usual. husband looked at the clock and noticed it was 6:05 instead of 5:05. Thankfully we had only driven about 10 minutes but still! We had set the alarm clock wrong and I really, desperately needed that workout this morning after my pig-out day yesterday

:morecrackers: Oh well, hopefully the rest of the day will be much better; it is suppose to be a beautiful one!

Wishing all a good day!

tiredmommy

SFR~ Still holding very good thoughts for your pup. Please update us when you can.

I think Wednesdays are the toughest days for me.... I've been basically stuck in my house on weekdays since mid-August. husband is stuck home on the weekends so we have no "us" time. Today's agenda includes cleaning up the tool shelf in the basement, packaging cookies up for Duckie's volleyball team, changing a few appointments, cleaning up the yard a little and dinner. I'm going out of my mind.

Have a good day! :warrior:

tiredmommy

Sharon~ Sorry, but that kind of funny that the alarm was set wrong. Are you sure husband wanted to go to boot camp?

cubsgirl

SFR - Sending good thoughts for your sanity saver.

WO- too funny about the alarm, sounds like something I would do

TM - Hope you don't go too crazy being cooped up in the house. Reading your to-do list made me tired.

I got all my laundry done (4 loads) by 9am which was miraculous. I worked a long day yesterday so resting today. I only work part-time but was just offered a full-time position. They are doing a thorough background check and I already passed the educational part, the employment part, and the residential part -- they are just waiting on the criminal background check so I feel fairly confident in posting this news :) I'm sure the "official" offer will be this week :) It's a great opportunity for me after being pretty much home for four years due to difficult child stuff.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Thursday!!

So glad Friday is almost here! It is suppose to be another beautiful day and we have had a string of them lately. After work I have a pt appointment and then I have plans to sit with a box of kleenex and watch the "Glee" good bye episode to Cory Monteith (sp?).

Wishing all a day filled with wonderful moments!

:autumn: