GOOD monday morning to You

therese005us

hello everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

We had a quiet weekend, apart from multiple phone calls from bio mum. She had a hard time of it - within a few hours of us dropping the children home - and mostly the Little cherub was kept in nappies for the whole time. I was to have had the children from WEdnesday to Friday of this week - but she has asked me to pick them up tomorrow. Actually, she sent a message within hours, saying I could pick cherub up anytime - and in fact, all of them! WE felt we needed the break, so declined to comment. My mother instinct wanted to hop straight back into the car, of course.

During Saturday we tidied up, and made a special place for cherub to sleep. A little like a monk cell really, but it's her own space. The cot has a place, temporarily, and little man (3) will have a pull out bed while he's here. It's a little more manageable now.

Today lots of messages from bio mum, jokingly apparently, saying cherub is alive, just; and then later, 'life is over for *cherub*, ha ha' which just sickens me. When I talked to cherub she was upset, still in a nappy, and when I suggested getting underwear on, very resistent. Mum just said it was easier to leave her in nappy.

This morning was cold and frosty, but no wind.

Anyway, my goal/chore for today was to tidy the pantry - and this was done inbetween chasing recalcitrant cows back in and fixing a fence with DS, who was not very cooperative in helping. However, the pantry looks good, and the cows are in for the night.

Hope you all have a lovely day today.

Marguerite

G'day.

Trish, is it cold up your way? It's been chilly down here. Sorry to hear that biomum isn't really putting in any effort. The sooner little cherub is in your care, the sooner she can have some consistent management. Poor darling!

difficult child 3 is snuffly from a cold, he forgot his medications first thing and I don't know how much work he got done. But I got a call from one of his teachers this morning, he has got the extension on the assignment that we wanted. Hopefully he'll put some good work in this week so he doesn't have to work over the holidays.

Tomorrow we're getting invaded - easy child 2/difficult child 2, difficult child 1 & daughter in law are arriving. The girls will work on dresses, difficult child 1 will mow lawns. He needs the money, the lawns need work.

I wore my tight denim vest again today, I'm convinced it's helping my broken rib. I got a fit of sneezes in the afternoon but with the tight b=vest on, it didn't hurt like I expected it to.

Tomorrow is difficult child 3's last drama class for the term, possibly for the year. The teacher is leaving to have a baby. We had problems last year with teacher reliability as well - teachers who 'forgot' to let us know they were going on leave or had other obligations (such as marking state exams - a lucrative extra income for our state teachers).

So hopefully we'll get a replacement teacher for next term, but will it be worth it? It takes a while to get to know our kids and their idiosyncrasies. That learning period can be hellish.

Here's hoping...

I'm also half-expecting a phone call from my GP, my blood test results whould be back and I know they will be abnormal. I'll be amazed if they're not. But at least I'm feeling a lot better now, even if it's going to be a few weeks before I'm back to normal.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Trish, the sooner the little ones get back in to a structured loving environment the better.

Marg, glad to hear you're feeling a "bit" better. Whatever is going on is really dragging on & taking you down.

Yesterday was a quiet day about here ~ we're celebrating kt's birthday tonight & wm's tomorrow night.

I have a friend (former co-worker @ NPR) coming in to help me sort thru all this paper work, get it organized & help me pay the bills. I'm struggling to keep up in a very big way. I finally asked for help.

Before that I go to see my GP - she added klonopin to my medications while taking me off ativan. I'm going to ask for an RN to come in once a week to set up my medications; I'm also going to get someone in to help kt with her medications. I've made far too many mistakes over the last weeks.

Have a good day all ~ keep it calm. Leave your loved ones with loving words.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Trish-I agree with the others, the sooner those kiddos are out of that environment the better.

Marg-I hope you are able to get some rest with the large group coming. I'm glad the vest is helping with the pain.

Linda-I'm glad you asked your friend for help. I think having a nurse come in once a week is a great idea. I hope the birthday celebrations go well.

The birds and difficult child have me up way too early this morning. Should be an interesting day as difficult child has no camp this week, it was full. He is on the waiting list. It would be great if he got in because he loves camp and this weeks theme is water.

We'll head out to the health club this morning and I'm not sure what else is on the agenda-we'll see if the weather cooperates. It is suppose to be very unsettled.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Therese - What a difficult weekend to be receiving those phone calls. My heart goes out to cherub.

Marge - I am glad you are on the mend. I hope a replacement can be found for the drama class.

Timer - Having someone to help set up medications will be very good. Also a friend to help with the overwhelming paper work.

Wiped Out - I hope there is an opening for the water week. I am sure someone will find that they scheduled a family trip this week and didn't call to cancel the program.

I am heading back to work after a great week vacation. Diva is babysitting a long day today so I told her I would work only 4 hours and be home to watch the boys so she can run to another town about 1 hr away to pick up a girlfriend.

We have scattered thundershowers planned for today so I am hoping for safe travels for the girls.

difficult child has both psychiatrist and therapist appointment tomorrow afternoon and a dental appointment on Thursday. I think this week may go just as fast as Summer is going. I can't believe it is already July!

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.

LittleDudesMom

Good Monday Morning Everyone! Mondays around here used to be called "No Meltdown Mondays"! Hope that rings true......

Running really late today, sorry to not address each of you!

Hope your day is a good one!

Sharon