Good Monday morning - welcome jude-in-NJ and hhi

pigless in VA

I had too much fun playing the flower garden yesterday to want to go back to work this morning. We're also having one of those weeks where there are appointments of some kind every day, except for Wednesday. :groan: I don't wanna be a responsible adult today.

One the upside, my deep purple, almost black iris is blooming. Maybe I can remember how to post a picture. Candy noticed that it smells really nice, too. Usually irises kinda stink. I bought a new wheelbarrow yesterday. Mine broke over a year ago, so it's wonderful to have one again. I can't seem to live properly without a wheelbarrow.

Have a nice smelling iris kind of day.

Scent of Cedar *

I would love to see the picture of the iris.

Very nice here today too. Tulips are up and beautiful, daffodils are fully open, and all the trees are budding ~ even the birch. Sunny and cool here today after our record-breaking heat a few days ago.

No woodticks. That Frontline is amazing stuff.

Have a good day, everyone!

Cedar

pasajes4

Good Morning! I had a very pleasant day yesterday. The weather was overcast and drizzly. I love overcast days. I am not fond of endless sunshine.

I worked on my kitchen for a couple of hours. I would say it is about 95% finished. There are a few things that need to be tweaked and 2 things that need to be put in place. I may actually want to cook again and perhaps invite people over again.

My daughter and granddaughter took me out to dinner. We went to see youngest. It appears that there is a girl his age at his current setting and they spend a lot of time together and will be going to the same living facility in a couple of weeks. It appears that this is motivating him to do better. It would be better if the motivation was not hinged on someone else, but I will take it.

BusynMember

68 and maybe rain today. But I work so it's ok.

Had fun at the shooting range with family. I don't believe I could ever shoot a living thing, even in self defense, but I found it very fun as a sport just shooting at cardboard. Still feeling a bit odd about the whole gun bit. Been a liberal almost social democrat all my life, yet my view on legal gun owners has done a 180. Well., legal and trained.

After the range we picked up Sonic and went to this totally awesome Mexican restaurant. There went my waistline. Had so much fun. Jumper signed her card "Jumper and Your Future Son In Law." I knew this young man would be the one eventually. He will make a wonderful extra son. Jumper is young and I'm sure she's not thinking of legal marriage until she is done with school. But after she.graduates, anything goes. Boyfriend is 24, stable, cute, quiet but funny and has a well paying job. Jumper will be 20 in a few weeks, but is mature, settled and not one to be a flirt...she is happy with her boyfriend.

I wish everyone a peaceful, lovely day and send positive vibes to all.

KTMom91

Good morning!

Yesterday was a good day; had brunch with Hubby's family and dinner with my mom.

It's supposed to be about 85 today, but it's really overcast. No idea what to expect weather wise. There's a 100% chance of my going back to bed, however. Hubby was restless last night, and it kept me awake.

No plans today - I got a new book to review so I'd like to start it. Other than that, just waiting for DWTS to post who goes home on their Wiki page so I know before it starts here. I wouldn't want to waste my votes.

Have a wonderful day!

HMBgal

No plans today - I got a new book to review so I'd like to start it. Other than that, just waiting for DWTS to post who goes home on their Wiki page so I know before it starts here. I wouldn't want to waste my votes.

I'm a fan of that show, too. Now it's all the good dancers so when any of them goes, it's hard to see them go. My favorite dance show is So You Think You Can Dance by far, but one must make do until that one comes back on. There's a Giants baseball game on, the Warrior play tonight, and DWTS. I will be wearing my remote out.

I have my first group of kids in an hour and still no idea what I'm going to do with them. Sigh. I should probably get on that...

What new book? Can you share? I'm a huge reader and am always on the lookout for a good one. I'm getting ready to start a book about our First Ladies.

And on a little downer note, my mother's day was nice, by difficult daughter (with the difficult son) worked really hard to make us a nice brunch, and she surely did. But her relationship with her son is so hard to see. It's as if she really doesn't like him very much. She was so hard on him and I can see how it affects him. She's his fiercest champion, but on the day-to-day stuff, she has no patience for him. I mean, I get it--he can be very aggravating. And she's so depressed and scattered. It's making me kind of sad.

New Leaf

Went for my walk, now first day back to work since hubs passed. I am taking deep breaths and slowly stepping forward.
It is hard, but I have done hard before.
By the grace of God, go I.
Have a great Monday all.
Every day is precious.
Leafy

Copabanana

Lots of good news and good cheer today.
I love overcast days.
Me too.
I may actually want to cook again and perhaps invite people over again.
How great!! Me, too.
We went to see youngest. It appears that there is a girl his age at his current setting and they spend a lot of time together and will be going to the same living facility in a couple of weeks. It appears that this is motivating him to do better.
So wonderful PASA.
I found it very fun as a sport just shooting at cardboard.
Sounds fun.
But after she.graduates, anything goes.
Great news, SWOT.
There's a 100% chance of my going back to bed, however.
Sounds good to me, too.
What new book? Can you share? I'm a huge reader and am always on the lookout for a good one.
If you like very low brow, I am reading English mysteries by Charles Todd, and the detective Ian Rutledge, set in post ww1, Britain. He is interesting, the hero, because he has shell-shock and hears voices which he conceals from everybody. I think I am on #5 in about a week. They feel like comfortable old shoes.
now first day back to work since hubs passed.
Welcome back to work, New Leaf. Our hearts are there with you.
I don't wanna be a responsible adult today.
Me either.
I would love to see the picture of the iris.
Me, too.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hope everyone had a great day! We started outdoor bootcamp today! We were able to enjoy a beautiful sunrise and the grass was even dry (a huge bonus)!

KTMom91

HMB, it's called In The Clearing by Robert Dugoni. It's a murder mystery and will be out May 17. I've read several other books he's written, and they're pretty good. Haven't started it yet...I got tired and went back to bed. Things are not great around here health-wise.

HMBgal

Thanks for the book info. I'll check it out. And have you guys heard of the Maisie Dobbs books? Soooo good.