Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:

Weekends sure do fly by! Yesterday was really nice. We were supposed to go to a church thing last night and I knew besides me no one wanted to go so I came up with an alternative. If we all helped prepare a meal together and clean up together we would do that instead. husband and difficult child made homemade tortillas-difficult child rolled almost all of them out. easy child peeled and sliced potatoes and I handled the meat and later fried the potatoes. Both kids were in rare form, laughing, singing. Both helped willingly with clean up. Afterwards difficult child, husband, and I watched Oliver-easy child, of course, was on the phone by this time!

So back to work today. After work it's the health club :smile: Just the usual. I hope to get to be early.

I hope everyone has a peaceful day :swimming:

Well I normally don't hop in on this thread, but since I've been UP for 2 hours...

Homemade tortillas sound delicious! What a neat thing to do.

Tink and I have been sick the past few days. We felt better yesterday and went shopping (we were going stir crazy in the house) but I think we overdid it. Now we feel worse than we did a few days ago. I hope she wakes up feeling better. I don't know if I can stand having her home all day again...

Hope everyone has a stress free Monday.

LittleDudesMom

:coffee: Good No Meltdown Monday Morning :coffee:

Sharon, what a wonderful evening it sounds like! I so enjoy those times! Hope your week goes quickly and smoothly :hawaii_girl:

BBK, good to hear from you on a Monday morning! Sending positive vibes that you and Tink have a speedy recovery :flower:

Well, if I am spending the day in the house doing laundry and getting the house in order you know it's Monday!! difficult child has a therapist appointment this afternoon. Nothing exciting but nothing exhausting either! :its_all_good:

Have a great day everyone! Remember that it's No Meltdown Monday - see that your difficult children get the memo :clubbing:

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, what a pleasant family evening. I miss nights like those.

BBK, take care of yourself - it's that time of year when things just hang on.

Sharon, yup - know those Monday chores well.

I spent yesterday working on a painting that I'd been wanting to get to for a couple of weeks. It's almost complete - need to finish the background & clean it up a bit. I have this painting in mind for my father's den. I found a great barn wood frame that fits the nature theme of this painting & think Dad will like it.

I have an early PT appointment this morning - quick run to the grocery store & home for a nap before kt gets home. You know the usual laundry, bill paying thing in between as tolerated.

"hi" if you snuck in.

Enjoy the day. Hope your day is calm - your difficult children are happy & cooperative & that the first day back to work isn't too traumatic.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/Wiped, the family night in sounds wonderful, just what you needed.

BBK, good to see you up and about so early. I hope you and Tink feel better soon.

Sharon/LDM, you're right - laundry is not very exciting. Hope the therapist appointment goes OK.

Linda, the painting sounds lovely. I hope your father likes it.

mother in law & I saw the neurologist this morning. He's not concerned with me (over the headache that sent me to hospital) - thinks the hospital doctor was being overcautious. He changed some tests mother in law was hoping to avoid - she is happy with him. I finally persuaded her to buy a walking stick. Now I just gotta convince her to use it!

We did a bit of shopping afterwards, managed to buy another box of mangoes, but all the flooding rains up in Queensland have apparently washed out the mango crops, so this could be my last box for the summer.

We're back out again tomorrow, to see our new GP. Lots of paperwork to organise with the changeover. Plus, before we go out, easy child 2/difficult child 2 has left me with a lot of paperwork to sort out for her. I need to call her college counsellor to organise her fees, BF2's father wants his car back that he loaned them (sudden problems - his daughter blew up the engine in his other car) so I need to chase up the mechanic who is repairing BF2's car, all in the rush before we leave. It was interesting, the way she went into meltdown just because she had to work out a way to organise the car handover - I really wish her doctor had been here to see it. This girl is increasingly Aspie in her presentation.

Never a dull moment in the Marg household!

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

Coookie

Good Morning All. :smile:

Sharon, I love those family times when there is no conflict. :smile:

BBK, Hope you and Tink are feeling better today. I do understand the stir crazy though. :crazy:

Sharon, I have to do some of that housework stuff.. soon. :hammer:

Marg, Busy day for you. :smile: Maybe now that mother in law has the walking stick she will be more apt to use it. :angel:

Like Sharon, I will have to pick up the house today. :sword: It really needs it. Then off to work. Nothing too exciting. :smile:

difficult child may have a line on a job so keeping everything crossed for that. :woohoo:

Well off to get my first cup of HMJ and cookie. :coffee:

Praying for a peaceful day for all.

Hugs and Hi to any who snuck in.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning my friends. The weekend certainly flew by quickly. It was a good one though.

Wiped out, your time as a family sounds absolutely wonderful. I love to hear my kids laugh and carry on. It gives me great pleasure.

BBK, hope you feel better soon and tink can go to school.

LDM, you have a good day too. Thanks for the reminder. :angel:

Marguerite, hope the changeover to a new gp goes smoothly. Sorry to hear that difficult child 2 is acting difficult child ish. Hopefully m i l will use her stick. My mother hates her walker. Her weak spine forces her to use it though.

Coookie, :smile: It gives me great delight to see you here in the mornings. Fingers crossed and breath held for difficult child getting a job.

I phone difficult child in Sunday AM since I hadn't heard from him. He tells me he is walking with his new g/f. :smile: In difficult child world, anyone who gives them the time of day is girlfriend/ or best friend status. I reminded him it is a date and not a relationship yet. He was obviously is a very upbeat mood.
He calls later in the evening to tell me that his date can do math in her head. I told him "marry her". We both got a good chuckle out of it. I had always said that if he found a mate she would have to be able to balance the check book and I think he got excited that someone fit the bill.
I ask "can she make change?" difficult child tells me "mom,I didn't say she could make change but she can do math in her head". Bless his innocent heart. He thinks making change is some complicated brain surgery. He is in great spirits since he did very well on the vocational assessment.
He tends to start strong so I'm keeping my fingers crossed he can maintain it.

Both husband and I are happy to hear him so positive and upbeat again. The whole year that he lived with only his family for socialization was just horribly hard for him. It was of his own doing and he knows that but I just knew if he could be with peers he would have a fuller, richer life. Trying to squeeze him into a mainstream social structure was futile. :bravo:
So today is a good day.

Coookie

Oh Fran,

Now how cute is that. :smile: I can just hear you saying.. "Marry her"... :rofl: Glad he is doing well.

Hugs

NUTZOLA

Hi Everyone, I am new here, but I faced with the decision of my life.... My difficult child has wore me down to the point I am ready lose my mind. I am so exhausted and have run out of options. He has ADHD with anxiety and is on Ritilin and Zoloft. We go to his MD today and I have NO idea what he will decide. How do you continue to go on?? I feel like my heart is ripping out of my chest. Any suggestions?
Thank you, Mary

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

Sharon, It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed a pleasant evening with your family. :smile: I hope you get to bed early tonight :sleeping:...

BBK, I hope you and Tink are feeling lots better ASAP!!! I've got my fingers crossed that Tink feels well enough to go to school today...

Sharon, I hope your house cleaning day goes smoothly and quickly... And, I'll make sure to post the no melt-down memo in a place the difficult children can't miss seeing it :clubbing:!!!

Linda, I absolutely love rustic frames and paintings of the great outdoors!!! - :painter: I'm sure your father will love it!!! Now, I could use a nice painting in my living room. When do you want to begin, lol? :painter:

Marg, You're definitely right - There is NEVER a dull moment in your household!!! I'm glad the neurologist appointment went well for you. Fresh mangoes sound delicious!!! I hope everything goes well at the new GP.

Coookie, It's nice to see you here this morning!!! Enjoy your :coffee:!!! I've got my fingers crossed that your difficult child gets the job!!!

Well, so far today hasn't started out too well. My coffee maker died :nonono:!!! I had to send husband to the convenience store to get us a couple of large cups of :coffee:. I just can't function without it!!! On top of that, there is no school today. :blizzard: I had to reschedule a dental appointment that I was supposed to go to as husband had to take my car to work because of the weather. I guess it is just as well as I really wasn't looking forward to having to take my difficult children to my appointment!!!

Anyway, I did manage to get my workout in :smile:. Without that, I don't think I would have been able to survive an entire day with my difficult children!!! I hope they obey Sharon's memo about not melting down...

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... :flower: WFEN

Fran,

Thanks for making me laugh :rofl:!!! When is the wedding??? :rofl: Too cute!!! I'm glad that difficult child did well on his vocational assessment. I've got my fingers crossed that your difficult child continues to do well too... WFEN

Mary,

I'm sorry things are so difficult for you right now. I'm glad you found this bb.

If you start your own post, I'm sure others will be along to offer support and maybe even some advice.

Hugs, WFEN