Good Monday Morning!

tiredmommy

:bloodshot:I'm having an awful time sleeping tonight... not really sure what the problem is!:hammer: So I thought I'd start the GM thread. I have a busy day ahead with too much to do and not enough time. Plus, I'm watching my friend's daughter for the day because she needs to get into her doctor to find out why she isn't responding to her treatment for pneumonia.:holymoly:
Marg- Here's a link to a video from Sarina Australia showing a mother & son being rescued from a swollen creek. It's all over The Weather Channel tonight.
http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/01/20/vo.australia.river.rescue.ap
Have a great day!:coffee:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, I'll say good morning right back at ya. Although I have as yet to be to bed. I'm on my way to try now.:bag:

I've got a rather nasty case of the flu and lying down only seems to bring on horrid coughing fits that last forever. I did manage to catch a few hours of sleep this afternoon after I got past an hour long coughing fit.:ill:

So, good morning everyone. And Happy Martin Luther King Day.

If I'm able to get some sleep, the whole family is packing up today and we're taking the grands to a museum up in Columbus. If I can't sleep yet again, they'll be going without me. (I'm not pushing it) It's COSI. At least I think that's how you spell it. lol My brain isn't working at full capacity. The kids went thru school. But I've been in Ohio for 25 yrs and haven't made it to a single museum. Which is why easy child decided on this jaunt.

Hope everyone has a good day. TM I hope you can catch some sleep too.

Hugs

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning TM and Lisa. Sorry to hear neither of you are sleeping. Not a good thing when you have a busy day.
I'm up to see easy child off to the airport. He's a nice kid and I'm glad to watch him grow and mature.
The morning is full of errands and chores then I'm loading up the pups and heading down south for a bit. It's a long drive and I'm hoping an easy one.
I feel like part of NASA with the GPS, Iphone,laptop,book downloads etc, etc.
It sure breaks the boredom though.

Have a good day my friends.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

TM, so sorry to hear that your sleep pattern is off - it throws the whole day upside down. :bloodshot:

Lisa, hope you're feeling better soon - please don't push it with the flu. Stay home & in bed; enjoy the quiet. :ill:

Fran, sounds like a fun trip - enjoy the new gadgets. ;)

"hi" if you snuck in.

No school today or tomorrow for ktbug. The weather is at least getting warm enough for her to go outside & play with-o fear of frostbite. :sled:

I've a PT appointment this morning; kt has a blood draw this afternoon after PCA arrives. A whole lot of landry in between as kt cleaned her room with-o being asked. Now she has laundry to do - with supervision.

Enjoy your Monday - I hope it's calm

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Morning
Sharon - hope you get a nap in at some point today.

Lisa - Sorry you are not feeling well. It is never fun.

Fran - hope you have a good trip.

I am going on a service call with husband, well sort of. I was going to go to the Historical Center in the town he will be making a call to but they don't open on Mondays. What a crock. Oh well, now I will have to think about something else to do. Not sure if I want to go shopping or not. Was all set to do research. Guess I will have to play it by ear.

Hope everyone else has a great day.

Beth

Marguerite

G'day, people.

TM, we're reaching our download limit for the month, I can't risk viewing a video at the moment. I looked up Sarina, it's up near Bowen (where the best mangoes come from). Queensland is in big trouble with floods right now, a lot of people have been evacuated and floodwaters aren't expected to peak until tomorrow. In some areas, the water is higher than ever before, by a considerable amount. I will watch for that news story, there have been a few dramatic rescues and unfortunately a few tragedies as well. Our news today did show a horse trying to swim to safety and being rounded up by - a seedoo!

There was a rescue from a storm water drain though - three young adults had been spraypainting in the stormwater drain (apparently a place where kids have been "sewer surfing" - idiots!) and when yesterday's storm hit Sydney, they got swept two kilometres to the sea. trouble is, there is a grate over the outlet to the sea and with the high water, two got drowned. The third managed to squeeze through the grate and was rescued by a young boy and his dad who were surfing. Yes, the rthree had been drinking.

TM, is it the daughter who needs to see the doctor, or the mother? I hope whoever it is feels better soon. It's nasty weather to have possible pneumonia.

Daisylover, do you have a recliner chair you could sleep in for a night? It might be easier to breathe. I hope you feel better soon.

Fran, sounds like you're all gadgetted up for the drive south. I hope you find some good weather down there.

husband & I spent a damp and windy day sightseeing round Sydney Harbour today. There was one glitch - we had booked for the "coffee cruise" and first were told the wrong time, then luckily noticed a sign which showed the right time, with two minutes to spare. So after doublechecking (while I waited on the jetty beside the company sign) we were on time after all; only to realise that we had been left behind, the boat left from another jetty nearby (we even watched it go) with NO sign, NO announcement - nothing. And they were not going to give us a refund, either - until I began to get very upset with them, as it was their mistake. They gave us another cruise instead (not much more than a water taxi ride around, with a bloke talking about everything) but it did leave a bit of a sour taste.

Apart from that though, we did have a happy anniversary together. We met a lovely couple from Ontario who celebrate their 53rd anniversary tomorrow - husband's 53rd birthday! Amazing!

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:snowing: Good Morning Everyone!

It is the coldest day of the season at 10 degrees - I slept in this morning since it's a holiday and I am sipping my hot hmj by the fire!

TM, I hope you got some sleep or, at the very least, get a nap this afternoon .

Lisa, I hope you feel better and were able to get some sleep. Might be better for you if you skip the museum trip and rest.

Fran, hope you have a safe trip, sounds like you have supports in place!!!!! Sounds like easy child had a great break from school by doing what he loves! It's wonderful to see our children maturing, responsible, and pleasant :peaceout:.

Linda, it's nice when our kids get a little break from school - easy child and difficult child enjoy those days so much! Hope kt can enjoy a little fresh air outside today!

Beth, hope you find a diversion to keep you busy while husband is working.

Nothing much on our agenda today. I've a few loads of laundry, easy child is studying for exams that begin tomorrow and difficult child has to study for his nine weeks' test this week. We had thought about going to see a movie this afternoon - we'll see how motivated the are to finish their studies first.

Wishing everyone a good Monday and remember, it's No Meltdown Monday :916blusher:

Sharon