Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

The weekend is over and it's back to work today. It is going to be a busy week. Lots of stuff going on at work. We have a staff meeting this afternoon and a half day in-service on Wed. We are also doing something called Blooming Buddies where we picked names and buy little spring type gifts all week. Then on Friday we have a breakfast and find out who our buddy was.

Thankfully weather wise we are warming up. It is suppose to get up to 52 today which is still below normal but I'll take it after the cold weekend we had.

After work I plan on hitting the health club. :treadmill:

Wishing everyone a peaceful day-may your difficult children and others remember it is a NO MELTDOWN MONDAY:kisses:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, the blooming buddy idea sounds like fun. What a great pick me up after a long winter.

Nothing scheduled this week - nothing! I can handle a week of no mtgs or appts. Now, if we can get to the point of not having PCAs in daily, I'll be happy. I guess I've been missing my privacy of late.

Monday = laundry, mail & bills. I have a grocery delivery due in this morning; remembered to place it at the last minute yesterday. Just hit the deadline. Didn't even put together a menu - it's going to be hit or miss for meals this week. I expect my family will survive.

Enjoy your Monday - meltdowns aren't allowed. I hope you all accomplish all you set out to do & your day is calm.

LittleDudesMom

:cutie_pie: Good Monday Morning! :cutie_pie:

Sharon, I love the Blooming Buddies idea! A nice way to brightened up after a dark and dreary winter.

Linda, nice to have a week free of appts and obligations other than family. Hopefully this will be an opportunity for you to focus on some healing.

It's No Meltdown Monday so I can't complain about the pile of laundry, the trip to the gym, or the stuff to do around the house! I'll d my best maintain my smile :bigsmile:!

Wishing everyone a great Monday!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Monday Morning friends. :flower:

Wiped out, glad to hear that your weather is on the rebound. Seems like a long winter up north. Good luck with the health club.
I love the spring pick me up. When I was in grade school many many years ago, the month of May was the month of Mary. We had a male and female "child of Mary" or Maychild. You dressed up special and got to wear a special corsage. We were first in line and got to be the leader of the class. Of course lots of flowers were brought in from home to decorate the May altar. It was a really cool thing for us as kids except we had to be partnered with a boy.:help:. Thanks for bringing back the memory. Lilac's always remind me of the Maychild ritual.

Linda, hope there is a quiet week in there for you.

LDM, sounds like you had a good weekend. :angel:I hear a bounce in your step today.

husband and I went to Augusta, Georgia for the weekend. What a charming town! Now, it's back to the grind. We go back for more radiation and chemotherapy for HoneySue but she seems rested and free of pain. :jumphappy:
difficult child will start another job tomorrow. Well, orientation starts tomorrow. One step forward, 2 steps back but always trying to go forward. :please:I'm begging him to make a plan every day.

Guess it's time to get back to housework.
Hope you all have a no meltdown Monday for your difficult child or yourselves.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Enjoy your spring. The weather here is definitely turning cold and windy, with enough moisture in it to make it even colder, but not enough for the plants to get much if any. Certainly not enough to need to turn on the wipers on the car.

Sharon/Wiped, the Spring Buddies thing sounds like a really fun idea. And Fran, the May ritual sounds very English. We don't have that in Australia, but I grew up with a lot of children's books and magazines from Britain, so I read a lot about it all.

Spring rituals - I'm sure they must make winter all the easier to endure, knowing you have so much fun waiting for you.

Sharon/LDM, keep smiling through the laundry - I've got it down to a fine art now, as long as I can get some help in hanging it out, I'm able to manage. I sort as I go, trying to hang matching items together, the same person's stuff together so bringing it in is easier. I fold as I go, often put away as I go. Works a treat! And no ironing.

Linda, after the busy time you've had in the past few weeks with trips to the Mayo etc, it's maybe time you enjoyed not having to go anywhere.

I had to go see the neurologist today - nothing much to report, apart from him thinking my thyroid is enlarged and I need blood tests. Great - first the bladder, then the liver and pancreas, now thyroid. Anything else while you're at it? I see the GP tomorrow, I'm just about ready to throw in the towel.

easy child 2/difficult child 2 had today off work but came out with me so she and BF2 could go to the real estate agent about a flat they're trying to rent. They each needed 100 points of ID, and could only manage about 80 each. The requirements on them are ludicrous, but it is a landlord's market here, people are often bidding for apartments, the lease going to the tenant willing to pay the highest rent. They have to fill in this paperwork for every apartment they try to rent, going through it all again when the place goes to someone else. As it was, the apartment they were going in to inspect had already gone to someone else; another was on the books so easy child 2/difficult child 2 & I arranged to inspect it this afternoon.
We got there with five minutes to spare to meet the agent, to find nobody there. We rang, finally getting through ten minutes later, to be told we were too late, but by this time they were talking to ME, not a nervous young girl (easy child 2/difficult child 2, by now very upset). Turns out they've taken it off the availability list, it's filthy and needs cleaning. "If you would like to leave us your number, we'll call you later in the week." They said they had to turn away a number of other people also.

In other words, sounds like the kids have missed out again, because "later in the week" they will both be at work and unable to go to any inspection.

Very frustrating.

Enjoy your Monday - may it be more productive than mine.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Marge, your rental process sounds very different than ours. Poor kids. It's hard to get started.
difficult child got a lovely, relatively new one bedroom apartment,last year, but I had to be on the lease since difficult child has no credit and no obvious means of support. The expectation is that they are clean and in good shape but this is through apt. complexes and not private owner apts.

Good luck to the kids.
Good luck with the Doctor. It's always something isn't it?

dreamer

Wiped out- the blooming buddies sounds so fun! And yes, it was so cold and wet and even snowy this weekend here, too, but by Wed it is supposed to be VERY spring like YAY!

Timerlady- how wonderful to have such a week! I think I might be a tad jealous. I struggle to keep up, keep thinking it has gone on long enough...LOL....well for a change todays appointment is for ME! (I have to see opthamologist due to dramatic decrease in vision) Then I even get another appointment for me next week- ta my rheumy, I hate the trip there, the traffic is so bad, and it is so far, and it will come on heels of a Ronald McDonald House stay for son to see his eye surgeon. (and a very long trip, grr) But then, I think I might have one week ...maybe.....no wait, I think easy child is going to want me to go visit her college, do registration and look at an apartment with her?

LDM- send your laundry here, I enjoy doing laundry, not sure why, I think it is the immediate gratification, how it begins so not nice, but before long it comes out so clean and soft? I find it calming and reassureing and I let my mind wander while I do it. I do 2 loads every day. First thing I do in mornings and last thing before bed. LOL. Yes, I am serious. LOL Go figure.

Fran, I must have heard about May Day in k-garten or before, but I cannot remember how or when. I do remember ever since k-garten, I ALWAYS put some type of flowers on my moms porch, rang the bell and ran and hid, when I was a young child, it was dandelions or violets picked from the yard, later I used my school lunch money and stopped, there was a florist next door to our school, and I would get some flower or another. Even after I was gone from home, I continued this, even when I lived quite far away from mom, I STILL made the trip to do it.
One year, I had to call her and I was crying becuz I could not do it. BUT the reason I could not was becuz..LOL-----I told her she became a gramma in the nite while she slept, and I had a new baby girl for her to be gramma to! LOL (My easy child)- That was the ONLY year I did not do flowers on moms porch....Now I put flowers on my table to commemorate May Day, and of course we have our little dinner and cake for easy child, LOL

Oh, Marg, one thing after another! I hope it goes well-you must be quite frustrated by now?

Well, like I said, I see opthamologist today.....and it IS nicer outside today than it has been......and I have a turkey thing- just white meat, but I bet the censor will *** out the part, LOL----- it is our first non fish, non chicken dinner in 3 weeks. The kids are excited, LOL. wait, I take it back, we had pasta twice. and I made them pot roast once. LOL. anyway it can cook while I am at eye doctor. And after I have a neighborhood watch meeting.
For the moment, I think I will go have a cuppa and watch some of the birdies in our yard with our kitties on my lap and dog by my side, LOL. While me and son also work on some "school"
The sunshine is SO long overdue here, and I welcome it so much!

dreamer

Marg, Fran reminded me, I meant to ask what kinds of things are how many points? Here usually we have drivers license or state ID card as our main ID. Then hopefully we do have one other form of ID..I have a military card with photo.....all the kids in public school have photo IDs......our libraary passes and community swimming pool passes will not work alone for anything but sometimes might be accepted as additional confirmation. I also have an RTA/CTA (public transportation) Handicapped card, (left from when I used the train to take kids to docs appts far away) - it also has my photo on it. BUT the drivers license or state ID is the biggie. We donot have "points" here. Well, not anywhere Ihave been, anyway.