Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Monday is here and that means back to work for me. Only 24 school days left-not that I'm counting or anything:halfsmile: It's been a good school year but I am ready for some warm temps and the pool!

After work today husband and difficult child are meeting with the guy from the program that will begin to provide us with some respite. I'm going to try to meet to but they're meeting at difficult child and husband's school so we'll see.

After that it's going to be a visit to the health club-at least I hope so!

Wishing everyone a happy no meltdown Monday!:flowers:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning my friends. I have been scarce. Sorry about that. My mom had a stroke on Tuesday so I have been home in SW Pa. since Wed. AM. At 81, she was at work. :sad: She is recovering nicely and hopefully will be discharged after a stint in rehab. She has evidence of 2 old strokes that no one was aware of. Mom wants to plant tomatoes and go back to work. We will watch and see for a bit. It's been a bit wild as you can imagine.
easy child is home but drove to Pa. to spend the time with me and my family. He finished a year of school and is taking a year leave of absence to work. Not my favorite choice but I sit on my lips and let him make his own decisions. It's not my life. It's not my path to choose. :nono: I don't have to like it though.

difficult child woke up at 3PM!!!!!!!! to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. :dont_know:

I hope to get home for a bit when one of the sister's comes up to relieve me.

It's not a fun week.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, of course you're counting down the days - I would be!

Fran, sorry to hear about your mother's stroke. She sounds a bit like my dad ~ though he is retiring June 20th. I expect he'll be back to working part time this fall somewhere though. Keeping fingers crossed for a quick recovery for mom.

kt is off to school, the house is quiet & I'm sipping hmj. No appts this week.

Dad is coming to visit tomorrow (he has vacation time to use before he retires) for a couple of days. Going to do a quick clean of the common areas of the house. If dad chooses to visit kt's room or the upstairs in general he's on his own! :laughing: Can't climb the stairs - can't clean. :capitulate:

I've got laundry, bill paying & correspondence to work on today - mostly IEP stuff for kt & wm, updates for CADI waiver & the like. Time consuming & repetitive ~ same thing, different year, quarter, month, etc.

Enjoy your Monday. Here's to cooperative difficult children & warm sunny weather. :swimming: (It's 42 degrees here - not even close)

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Linda, I hope you have a quiet day. So your school year finishes soon? We're still in the first half of our school year.

Fran, sorry to hear about your mother's stroke. It sounds like she doesn't want it to slow her down, though. I hope easy child stays focussed on the future.

difficult child 3 got a decent amount of schoolwork done today. mother in law & I have to see the GP tomorrow morning, then we'll do our grocery shopping. I've persuaded difficult child 3 to stay home and work. I still need to get back early enough, not sure I will manage it though. I think I'm going to have to consider cancelling my Tuesday lunchtime class permanently, I'm finding too many times I have to cancel "just for this week" only the weeks continue to get more crowded.

There was an interesting TV program tonight, on the unsung heroes who care for a disabled family member. In many cases the services and funding are too inadequate. They gave the example of one family - they couldn't get respite for their child (no respite available for kids under 12) so they finally had to refuse to bring her home from hospital. Welfare took her eventually, but the care was inadequate; the five year old child was given adult doses of risperdal and totally out of it.
We have a new government which has promised positive changes. Fingers crossed!

Marg

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon, I'm ready to join you in the pool!!!:swimming: I'll bring the beverages!!!:wine:

Fran, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I'm hoping she continues to recover nicely and the stay in rehab is short. I think it's great that she wants to jump right back into things - plant tomatoes and go back to work. She has a great attitude and I truly believe that this will help speed her recovery process. Please update when you can. I'll be keeping your mother in my thoughts and prayers...

Linda, Enjoy the visit from your Dad!!! And, I love your attitude regarding the cleaning, lol!!!

Today, I'm just so HAPPY that everyone is out of the house!!!
:yes::happyguy: I have lots to do but need to take a walk and just enjoy the peace and quiet first!!!

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today:flower:... WFEN