Good Monday Morning

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

I spent the weekend cleaning, grocery shopping, etc., Today, easy child and I were going to go to the beach but the weather doesn't look very promising.:( If it rains, I think I'll try to tackle a closet or two... (or not, lol!!!) I think just by mentioning closet cleaning here, I might be more apt to do it.

Anyway, I hope all of you have plenty of sunshine:D and lots of reasons to laugh or at least smile today:cool_dog::beach::swimming::picnic::pet:...WFEN

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:good_morning:

A very good Monday morning friends,

wfen, we must have been posting at the same time. Enjoy the beach

It's a beautiful morning here....moderate temps & low humidity. I've noticed the birds are back out around my feeders - nesting must be over. Many cardinals, goldfinches, housefinches & chickadees, with a few blue jays thown in for good measure

kt starts her last week of summer program today! We can sleep in - yeah right! :slap:

Have a good Monday - hoping for a calm, cooperative day for all.

Andy

Good Morning!

Wishing - Hopefully the weather will hold off for you. Closets sure sound like a fun alternative :) NOT!

This will be a short week for regular work for me. Thursday and Friday and Saturday, I will be outside in whatever weather selling admission to the local fair. I got 3 hour in at work yesterday - so nice to have 3 hours of quietness. Once in a while I have a, "Who can give Adrianne the most work days" I think the contest is going on again. I made the mistake of looking at my e-mails before leaving work yesterday. Ugh!

Well, it is 6:30 am and I am actually up so that is a very good sign as to how this week will go - I may just have time to pull everything off? :)

Find a way to make your difficult child laugh today - a giggle counts and if it is a real hard day, settle for a happy grin.

Andy

Timer, You snuck in on me. The birds sound wonderful. They bring little moments of peace throughout the day. Enjoy!

I hope KT enjoys her last week.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

WFEN-I hope the weather turns out nice so you get to the beach.:beach: If not, I say skip the closets and take a nap or head to the movies!

Linda-We have the same nice weather here. Yesterday it was gorgeous-the wind was strong enough to keep the mosquitoes away for awhile! Very funny you actually thought kt being done would mean sleeping in.:rofl:

Adrianne-I am glad you have a short work week! They're the best kind, other than a no work week, of course! :D

It was a fun weekend of watching movie classics. husband and I went to see The Birds on Saturday night (it was showing at a local theater). Last night we watched Grease-I just love that movie-we end up watching it every summer. easy child didn't watch but was in the kitchen and sang along with all of the music. The dvd had lots of extras including a 25 year reunion of cast members-very cool.

Today difficult child starts wrestling camp. It's only in the afternoons but hopefully he'll enjoy it. He's gone other summers and liked it but true to form he is grumbling about having to go.:talkhand:

husband and I will head to the club this morning.:treadmill: difficult child has an in-home appointment this morning and then we have to meet about him this afternoon. Things are moving along but I've about had it with all of these meetings!

Wishing everyone a day filled with unexpected, good surprises!:try2fly: Hi if you snuck in-it took me forever to type this today.

slsh

member since 1999
Just a quick hello and good morning to all - gotta get to work, get Boo on the bus, and am praying thank you won't be AWOL today because he's got a dr. appointment for funky EKG.

Wee arrived home yesterday. He looks wonderful, grew another inch I swear, and has vowed never to leave home again, LOL. I love that my big old teenager missed us.

Have a good day everyone - be safe! :)

KateM

Good morning, all!
WFEN- Hope the weather improves- beach wins over closets any day!
Adiranne-- Love a short work week!
Wiped Out- Oh, 2 of my fav movies! Both kids have been in HS productions of Grease- we love it!
SLSH - Welcome home, Wee!

My easy child reached Australia last evening at 6pm our time!! She left on Friday at 1, but there was one flight canceled and another flight delayed - but now they are there,safe and sound. We received an email about the youth group's arrival and then easy child called this morning.She is loving the friendly folks and the beautiful sights.

husband, difficult child, and I are now at the shore.

Have a great Monday, all!

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

WFEN, I hope the weather stays clear enough for you to get to the beach.

Linda,a enjoy your birds. Even if nesting is over, there can still be a lot of youngsters to enjoy watching.

Adrienne, I'm glad you got some more peaceful work time. I hope you get "fair weather" at the end of the week!

Sharon (WO), the movies sound like fun. Back when we had our regular village film nights, "The Birds" was a very popular screening.

Sue, our kids seem to grow like grass sometimes. Here's hoping he follows trough for his appointment.

Kate, I hope your daughter isn't too jet-lagged. Our TV & radio news has been full of the festivities; tonight's TV news also showed the light show on the Sydney Harbour Bridge, it looks really good.
The meeting with husband's niece never came off - which means that she wouldn't have got into the city for today's parade, either, since the parade goes right past husband's work and terminated only 100 metres away. He has no windows, so he wouldn't have seen anything - his office is like a bunker in the basement. And with all the road closures, I'm glad I didn't try driving mother in law into the city, on the off-chance of meeting up with her granddaughter.
Today was a surprisingly warm day in Sydney, although it's chilled off again tonight. At this stage there's unlikely to be ANY rain until maybe Sunday, and that won't be much, if anything. There is a very bright full moon shining tonight, I had to go out in the backyard for something and didn't need to turn the lights on. The kids won't see it in the city, we're a long way out. Kate, I'm sure your daughter is either catching up on much-needed sleep (ready for the official opening tomorrow) or exploring the city's lights tonight with the rest of the HUGE crowd. I think they shut off the Harbour Bridge light show at about 10.30 pm - that's about half an hour ago.
They tell us Sydney has had far more people arrive than were expected, which could have accounted for some of the delays. A lot arrived from Africa and the islands and hadn't brought enough warm clothing; when they were told that it's cold, they were thinking as cold as they've ever experienced, such as 25 C. Yeah, right. Try below 10 C, in the city. Colder, to the west. But an appeal went out and they've all been supplied with donated clothing and bedding. It would have been even colder on the Harbour today, as they brought in the cross and the icon. More road have been closed than we even had shut down during APEC last year. And this time, people don't mind anywhere near as much; even total atheists and non-Christians are saying, "Well, there's a good reason this time."

Australia loves people. it's politicians we dislike so intensely!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Everyone :D

Running a little late to address each of you - but sounds like it's a split between busy days and relaxing days for our morning posters.

I've a mix today as well. Laundry, difficult child and I are cleaning out two closets in the family room for the yard sale rounds, and he and I will go to the gym together at 6 (another water class for me, then water play with difficult child after).

Have a great No Meltdown Monday everyone :peaceful:.

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Monday morning all. It's another whirlwind day.

WFEN, hope you get a bit of sunshine. You are smart to get all your chores out of the way so you can have some quality time. Might as well be productive when the weather is ugly.

Timer, sounds like summer in the north. Enjoy your birds.

Adrianne, hope your week isn't too overloaded with fair activity. Sounds fun to have a break from the routine work stuff. I attended a local street fair in my small hometown last week. It was a first in many years. It was a blast.

Wiped out, hope the meetings don't take away too much from the summer freedom. The movie classic weekend sounds like fun. Its a good sign that easy child sang along with the movie. Is easy child still acting easy child ish?

slsh, glad Wee is home safe and sound. It's good for them to get out and about with camps. It's a gradual separation so they realize they can survive on their own. Nudging the babies out of the nest a little at a time is a good thing.

KateM, your easy child's trip sounds wonderful. Travel always seems to mean delays, bad weather, cancellation. Glad she goes with the flow. Those long trips are exhausting but if you are flexible things go better.

Marguerite, hope you enjoy the gathering on your shores. Sounds like a wonderful way for us foreigners to know a bit of your country. I swear I'm going to get there one of these days.

LDM, the h2O aerobics sounds enjoyable. Your difficult child enjoys the pool as much as you. Have fun.

I and the puppies have returned from mom's. It's been a long week but mom is doing better. Each of the sibs will take a day to call and check on her. I still think her memory and thinking skills are not working well.

On the other hand, I'm leaving tomorrow for 3 days of Montana and then 2 days at Yellowstone. I'm looking forward to it but it's crazy, hectic and overwhelming here. Today will be trying to get through laundry, mail, and assorted chores to get ready for another small trip. Mom being ill has really pressured me to be organized and flexible. Wish me luck. I do look forward to this little trip but it won't be a relaxing, read a book type vacation.

Both boys have been quiet this weekend. No news is good news. I hope.

Hope your summer day is fun.