Good monday morning

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:

I haven't been around in awhile - I've missed all of you!!! LONG STORY... Anyway, I haven't had a chance to get caught up yet, but just want to wish all of you a great day:D!!! WFEN

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

WFEN-It is so good to "see" you! You have been missed!:flower:

Another weekend has come and gone bringing us ever closer to the beginning of the school year.:teacher: I'm starting to get worried that we can't get into our classrooms yet as they haven't been cleaned. I have things to do and it's driving me crazy!!

Today husband and I are having a lazy day. We will drop difficult child off, do a quick visit to the health club-well, not so quick as it is a weights and cardio day. Then we will come home. Our plans are to do nothing but read, nap, and watch tv.

Later, when he goes to pick up difficult child, I'm meeting my boyfriend for dinner!

Wishing everyone a great no-meltdown Monday!
:winks:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

WFEN, good to see you! I look forward to being updated.

Sharon/WO, how long before school goes back for you? I hope they get organised soon enough to not be too much of an inconvenience for you. Meanwhile, enjoy what you can of the holiday. You will need to be well-refreshed!

I went out this afternoon with difficult child 1 and girlfriend to see his disability advisor. I brought difficult child 3 along and ten afterwards he & I went and got our hair cut. Then did some shopping.

Tomorrow husband has a day off and we're planning to take mother in law to see "Mama Mia". I've been working on difficult child 3 to come and see it too. Wish us luck! It's ironic - because tomorrow is a school day, difficult child 3 frets if we take time out to do things like this. I'm sure his English teacher would approve, though. The more difficult child 3 gets exposed to movies and stories, the better. Besides, if I bring schoolwork sheets with us, difficult child 3 can work in the car.

Here's hoping!

Marg

nvts

WFEN! Was starting to wonder if you and Raoul had absconded to some Island paradise!

Glad you're back and hope all's well!

Beth

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Monday morning everyone.

WFEN how nice to see you here. Hope your update is a good one.

Wiped out, a lazy day sounds good. Enjoy. Too bad school is coming towards you like a speeding train.

Marguerite, I have heard great things about MammaMia. Hope difficult child 3 goes and enjoys it.

nvts, good morning.

It's Monday so that's laundry and bills. Ugh! as usual. difficult child is doing ok. I'm not knocked over with his initiative but that's an ongoing problem. He has a friend visiting for two days. The parents will pick him up Tuesday and spend the evening with us. It will be nice to visit.
In between my cutie patootie nephews(10 and 8) are coming to spend a week with Aunt Fam. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure they are nervous that they will get bored. This is their first trip alone. Flying solo and staying a week without mom. We are scheduling a lot of water park, pool, zoo type activity. We are even going to fit in a minor league baseball game.
After this week is over, we will buckle down and get moving with difficult child. sigh.

Hope you Monday is productive and pleasant. Enjoy the end of summer.

MoonDancer

Good Morning all!

I spent about 15 minutes trying to update the signature this morning. I wanted to add my Mom on but had to re-edit several times for the 500 character limit. Oh well.

Today and tomorrow are the last days of summer for the kids. They return to school this Wednesday! Hip-hip-hooray! Today is the open house to meet teachers and all that good stuff.

I'm bringing over a family to spend the day with us. The mother is divorced and very low income, has 2 kids the same age as mine. She doesn't have any means to keep her home cool enough in the summers. So I've been picking them up twice a week, and during the hottest days, all this summer. The kids all jump in the pool, I provide lunch for them and I take them all back home late in the afternoon.

The 9 year old girl that we took in over the summer while her Mom was recovering in rehab went home this weekend. Her Mom looks so much better and is doing much better. We are friends of the girl's grandparents, which is how we wound up with her. The grandparents both have health conditions and couldn't keep up with an active 9 year old. I'm happy for the girl and the Mom, but I'm sad to see her go. I told the Mom that the girl is always welcome back anytime.

Well, I best go. I'm glad to be back on this forum! Thank you all for the warm welcome!