Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Monday Morning Friends,

The weekends sure do fly by don't they? We hit a high in the low 80s yesterday which is very unusual for this time of the year. Today it is suppose to get into the high 70s and then tomorrow the temps become more seasonal.

I'm not going into work today as I need to bring easy child to her first psychiatrist appointment. Later this afternoon we have an in home therapist coming for difficult child.

I'm hoping by later today or tonight I'll be able to get in a workout but my back is still hurting. I did go to the club yesterday to soak in the hot tub and that really helped but the effects of the hot tub seem to be wearing off.

Wishing everyon a happy no meltdown Monday!:peaceful:

smallworld

Good Monday Morning!

Sharon, good luck with easy child's psychiatrist appointment this morning. I hope you are able to get some answers. And I hope your back feels better, too. Ouch!

It's still dark outside, and J is already on the bus en route to school. Before he left, he said in typical Monday morning fashion, "I don't want to go." I replied, "I know." To which he replied, "What kind of answer is that?" I'm guessing he wanted some sympathy, but after all these years of school refusal, I think I ran out.

A is off for the Columbus Day holiday, but I'll be getting M off to school soon. Her school and J's host a parent visiting day on Columbus Day so I'll head to M's school and husband will head to J's school. I already visited J's English class a few weeks ago so I ddin't feel a pressing need to go again.

Happy No-Meltdown Monday! Have a peaceful day, everyone.

Marguerite

G'day.

Sharon/WO, enjoy your warm day. I hope your back feels a bit better today so you can get to the gym. All the best for the psychiatrist appointment.

smallworld, I understand your frustration with J. What other answer could you give him? At least you gave him an honest answer.

We had a warm day today - another one over the 30 C mark. There were supposed to be storms this afternoon but not a drop. It all blew out to sea before it got to Sydney. They've forecast more storms for the next two days but I'm reserving judgement. They keep promising rain, but never deliver...

This afternoon difficult child 3 & I transplanted a tomato seedling into a plastic bottle I'm using, to grow it upside down. husband has made some plant hangers for me to attach to the side fence.

Schoolwork is back in swing today for difficult child 3, first day back for the final term of the school year.
husband is home tomorrow, his fortnightly day off. difficult child 1 had his monthly day off today but forgot, until he got to work and realised. So he spent the day following girlfriend around while she cleaned houses.

A quiet day, our earlier heat has gone and the next three days will be cool again. Time for me to go on another cooking binge!

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, we didn't hit the 80's but it sure got warm & muggy here yesterday. Now we're due for storms today. Good luck with all your appts today.

SW, we have the dark bus stop as well ~ hate it for the kids. Have a fun day today with lucky A who has off for Columbus day.

Marg, I saw the tomato plants planted upside down for sale here. How do they work? I would think you'd have more room in your garden area.

"hi" if you snuck in or I missed you (really slow this morning).

I'm about to wake kt for school; she certainly has the teenage girl morning routine down, including the perfect earrings to wear for the day.

I have an appointment this morning at neuro doctor. Looking forward to that as I'm having some issues that need to be discussed. On the way home I need to hit the pharmacy.

I'm putting together a menu & shopping list for our upcoming trip on Thursday. husband is in charge of groceries. kt is in charge of laundry & getting suitcases out to pack. I'll fold & pack clothes. husband & I will pack the ice chest. This is a pretty involved list as I told my family if they really wanted to go up to this cabin I needed help - more help than I got last time. I cannot keep up of late.

Sorry for the whine. Have a good day ~ hope your home is calm & your difficult children cooperative.

Andy

GOOD MORNING!
GOOD MONDAY!
:D:D:D
Wiped - Hot tub again would be my vote. Enjoy your day off of work. If it gets too warm, send some warmth this way. Good luck with easy child's appointment. and difficult child's inhouse. I think it is suppose to be wet and cold today with 80% rain.

Smallworld - "I know" - that seems to be a common response to many things. Do our kids really think our memories are so short that we do not remember that they behave the same way day in and day out and know what they like and dislike? Enjoy your class visit.

Marg - We are getting the rain here. Saturday night the youth in our town had a Homeless Night event sleeping in cardboard boxes and a small storm came through. Probably opened there eyes a little wider to the dilema of the homeless.

Timer - I hope you and your family get everything set up for the trip this week. It only is fair for them to help you. Many DHs and kids have no clue what it takes to get out a door on a trip. I get frustrated when husband states I bring too many things for the kids to do - Arrrrrrgggg - and who does he thinks has to deal with them when they are bored?

Looks like I am running late today. I have a very short morning this morning 8:30 - 11:00 (though will probably work to 11:30). Then to school to supervise lunch and recess and help with a 2nd grade Social Study class. I will work on Sunday School lessons for about 1/2 hour and then pull difficult child from school to take to Fargo for his 3:00 neurological appointment. We need to be back to town by 5:00 for tutoring and then the decision if he goes to Kings Kids or not this week.

Everyone have a great day - find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

Pookybear66

Wow, y'all get up way to early for me LOL!

Wiped-Enjoy your hot tub! Wish I had one!

smallworld-"I know" seems an appropriate response to many things our difficult child's say. Enjoy your time at the school.

Marg-Enjoy your tomatoes and your cooking. Sounds fun.

Linda-Best wishes at the dr. Hope everything turns out okay. Have fun on your trip as well!

Andy-Also, good day to you to. Hope everything goes well with your appts as well.

My kiddos have off for Columbus Day. We will finish a school project that's due tomorrow then go to school sponsored skating party if things have gone well. Tonight I have to get DS's hair cut for school pics on Wed. Then do some shopping and maybe out to dinner cause it will be late by then. Hope everyone else whom I didn't address above has a great Monday.

tiredmommy

Good Afternoon. :coffee:

I wanted to take a moment to wish our US members a Happy Columbus Day, our Canadian members a Happy Thanksgiving and all our other members a glorious day!

I'm pretty beat after being up most of the night with the fire across the street. But, we still took Duckie to have her Christmas portrait taken. I know it's early, but her two front teeth are just starting to peek through so I couldn't wait any longer.

Have a great day! :salute:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Fire!?!
It's no wonder you got no sleep, TM. Your neighborhood has lots of events. I don't think I have ever lived in a neighborhood with a fire. Heck I think I can count on one hand how many times I have seen an ambulance in the different neighborhoods.
Hope everyone was fine and not too much damage.