Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Another weekend has gone by. Snow flurries are falling and the temps this week are going to be mid 30s for the most part.

It's back to work today and after work a staffing about difficult child. Then tonight I must get to the health club since we ended up not going yesterday. We raked instead. It feels good to have that done.

Wishing everyone a Monday of smiles, remember-no meltdowns allowed!:kisses:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, I love raking the leaves & cleaning up the yard for winter. I expect you got plenty of exercise over the weekend.

Very cold this morning with bone chilling winds (in my humble opinion). I'm waiting for the java to finish brewing.

kt had a good respite weekend; I spent most of the weekend asleep - ah well. I expect I didn't miss much as husband didn't wake me except for medications.

Two tweedle appts on the calendar this week ~ one for each.

Have a good one today.

LittleDudesMom

Good Monday Morning - Don't forget Mondays around here are No Meltdown Mondays!!!

Sharon, bonehead had the lawn crew come and cut the crass here for the last time this season and blow the leaves, clean off the front porch, patio, driveway, etc. That happened Tuesday last week. By Thursday, you would have never known they had come. It was a definate waste of money! You think he would have waited until the majority of leaves had fallen! The wind and rain the last couple days of the week didn't help! The weatherman is all atwitter about the chance tonight of snow flurries north of town! There is a winter storm advisory in the mountains to our west.... It is getting colder here, but way too early for snow in central va. Hope you get to hit the gym. I did both Sat and Sun - stress releif for another week of covering for our secretary!!!!! Hope your Monday is a good one.

Linda, glad you got to rest all weekend. That's what respite is for. It's great to start the week with everyone having a good weekend. I'm guessing you didn't put those new art supplies to work - bet they will get a workout this week! Have a good one.

I got everything done this weekend on the list except difficult child's haircut. He'll be getting the buzz tonight!

Another busy week of working at the office. It was an adjustment, but I actually enjoyed it last week.

I hope your Monday is Melt Down Free :faint:

Sharon

Rabbit

Good Morning Sharon and Linda and all
friends that follow! I hate winter and it was very cold this morning. It rained all weekend.
I allowed difficult child 3 (depressed daughter) to have
a girlfriend over Saturday and a boy who is a friend over on Sunday. It went ok but I did not get much cleaning done. Thus the big plans for today CLEANING UGH!!!!!!
difficult child 2 did not sleep well last night: Thus
my night of no sleep Well i hope everyone has a GREAT day. Hugs Rabbit

Happy Monday All,

It's a chilly one here this morning... Brrr... I thought I moved South to escape this cold, but we do get some days.

Sharon (1), doesn't raking leave you with a sense of accomplishment? I spent most of yesterday raking as well - and I didn't go to the Y. But I think that raking is a good physical activity as well. Lots of calories are burned anyway!

Linda, I'm glad to hear you got some good rest - and that respite went well for Kt. It sounds like the week ahead has promise...

Sharon (2) - I'm impressed that you got everything done over the weekend. The buzz cut sounds great! Our difficult child is currently refusing haircuts. I call that Basket C, but I hope he soon tires of all that hair!

Rabbit, it sounds like difficult child had a fun weekend. Sorry about the lack of sleep last night. Trust me, cleaning can always wait for another day... at least it does at my house!

I went to my friend's 80th birthday party yesterday! She is such a special person . I met her three daughters who planned the party. Wow, they really put on a lovely party. They held the party in my friend's family's farmhouse which was built in the 1830's. The "farm" is now surrounded by high rises, shopping centers, and other commercial development. Somehow they have held on to the land and the old house, but the taxes are squeezing them out. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future.

difficult child had a rough night last night, which is unusual for him of late. He bought a WoW expansion game on Friday, and I think that he is overly focused on the game. It brings out his surly typical teen side, because he doesn't want to attend to his business at hand. Sigh... sometimes things that teens love don't promote progression through life. It's hard to strike a balance.

Have a great day everyone. Do find yourself some moments of peace today.

Critter Lover

Good Morning ALL!

I know I am new here so I thought I would let you know that I will be away from easy child from Nov 21st to Nov 29th. We are driving to PA for Thanksgiving with difficult child and two dogs. I know we must be majorly CRAZY!
Guess what .....we have NO snow tires either.....heaven help us to have the roads stay clear going up and coming back. None of us are use to
cold cold weather anymore and my dogs have never seen snow. This should prove to be interesting. Found out Wednesday night that for a year my bloodwork has tested out that I have hypothyroidism and my doctor never caught it till now. Just started taking the medications and hear I thought I was always tired because of the stress over difficult child. :faint:

I hope everyone has a great day and I am with everyone else.....no meltdown Mondays sound wonderful!

Have a great day!

((((((HUGS)))))))

Marguerite

G'day, family. No time to reply to you individually, it's already Tuesday here. We had wedding crew/bridal party people here tonight to sort out the sound equipment among other things. One was easy child 2/difficult child 2's exBF and his new girlfriend, so it was a little awkward. All being very pleasant, of course, all well-behaved, but still feeling a bit weird.

Tomorrow we're heading back out west to have another more detailed look at wedding places for easy child 2/difficult child 2 - yes, I know were in the final week before difficult child 1's wedding, but we can't postpone this for easy child 2/difficult child 2 any longer.

Hopefully tomorrow we'll have a final decision and can lock it in place. We'll be thinking fast on our feet!

Weather-wise it's cool and occasionally damp - not fully raining, just the occasional drop. It's forecast like this for the next week, including Saturday. girlfriend is going to have to find something to throw over herself, like a wrap of some sort. She is going to freeze!

I'll hopefully report in tomorrow. husband is off work for a week now, he is driving in the morning so I shouldn't be so tired. It's lovely country, I'm actually looking forward to wandering around some of these places with him and easy child 2/difficult child 2. Our first appointment is a place called Camelot Castle! We glimpsed it from the road on Friday, but you can't see it properly unless you drive right up to it, and you can't do that without an appointment. It really does look like a castle, from the fragments we could see. I'm taking the camera!

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone:bloodshot::coffee::beautifulthing:,

Sharon (WO), Lots of leaves here too - We spent lots of time raking this weekend too...:autumn: Hope you make it to the health club tonight.

Linda, Enjoy the coffee!!! I'm glad you got some rest this weekend. I'm not ready for the cold weather!!!

Sharon (LDM), I hope today at work goes smoothly for you. difficult child 2 needs a "buzz" cut too. We keep his hair short to make it easier for him to wash it. I think I'll have husband do it this weekend.

Rabbit, Hope you get all your cleaning done!!! I HATE cleaning too!!!

1 Day At a Time, I'm glad you enjoyed your friend's 80th b-day party. I bet the farmhouse is beautiful. It's so sad when commercial development takes over...

Critter Lover, I hope your Thanksgiving trip is lots of fun. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for NO SNOW!!! I'm glad you finally got some medication for your thyroid. I hope with the medications you get some energy back soon.

Today it's cool and sunny here. I'm going to check up on husband's aunt. I have a bit of housework to do, unfortunately work is still way too slow... I'm going to spend some time preparing for an upcoming meeting for difficult child 2.

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... WFEN:D:autumn::autumn:

Marg,

Good Morning - Didn't mean to miss you!!! As usual, you're always so BUSY!!! Camelot Castle... I'm envisioning something right out of a fairy tale... Sounds like a nice day. :D WFEN