Good Monday Morning

TerryJ2

Gosh, no threads yet? This is a first!

I woke up at 5, thoughts racing about the things I have to do, and decided just to give up and get up. :tongue: I found 4 things I was looking for, and that calmed me enough to send me back to a peaceful sleep! Of course, I stayed up.

I've got to finish another large watercolor today, photograph it and email it, get a diff watercolor matted, drop it off at a client's ofc, box up a painted tile for a client and ship it, buy a new cell ph for easy child for Christmas, and pick up difficult child's new computer (a friend put together an upgrade, new case, huge memory, etc., for $150). I finished a cheesy Manhattan nightscape yesterday for the owner of our fave Italian restaurant, so difficult child, husband and I had a free dinner last night. :D
I'm going to get my neck adjusted today.
And maybe go back to bed ...

The sun isn't up yet and the little section of lariope and the trellis that I decorated are glowing with tiny Christmas lights. It's so peaceful.

Let the day begin!

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Terry - I think everyone may be frozen? We have -18 Degrees F here with a windchill of way too below. I am glad you found some peace. I hope you get a chance for that nap later.

It is so cold. I just want to stay in bed and stay warm. I need to make sure difficult child wears a sweatshirt and all his snowpants, hats, mittens, ect. If it stays this cold, I probably will not go into work until after the New Year (I do have to go today and tomorrow than am scheduled for vacation days but need to go in sometime to work.)

Everyone have a warm day today. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh. I made mine last yesterday by asking him to scoot down the pew to give our attendance card. When he came back, I complimented him on how well he scooted. He thought my notice of his scooting ability was funny.

Marguerite

G'day from sunny, summery, warm Sydney.

Terry, you sound very busy. But fulfilled. The painting sounds fun. The free Italian meal sounds great! I'm in the wrong business here!

Andy, we're not frozen here! Mind you, we didn't get to the beach today, we were busy shopping. husband & I went out, met with difficult child 1, the fellas went on to the RTA (Roads and Traffic Authority) to organise difficult child 1's green drivers licence (due now, plus it gives him a few more credit points towards his driving record; useful when you've just got a ticket and lost four credit points for going through a red light) while I did some more shopping. And of course I've goofed and bought more Christmas presents for people I already had presents for... it happens every year, which is why I always have a box full of spares.

We got home too late for a swim, plus the ocean breeze, while lovely, was a tad cool for wet bodies. Tomorrow is going to be hotter, plus the rellies have just arrived in Sydney, on the road home now. I need to be ready for bed when husband gets home in about half an hour. mother in law swears she heard their plane fly overhead (we're under the flight path for most of Sydney's flights).

Andy, I'll send you some of our sunshine and a pinch of sun-warm beach sand. Just think of the smell of warm coconut oil and frangipani.

Tomorrow I suspect I'll also be asked to go to the mall for some last-minute food supplies. I'm hoping to get another box of mangoes and more cherries. For me, Christmas smells like a box of mangoes perfuming the house.

It's summer and I'm revelling in every little bit of it!

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

Jena

Terry you started the morning thread!!! Wow.......:surprise:

So, you had alot going on this morning in her your head laying there, LOL. You have a busy day ahead of you! That's really cool about the free dinner last night :) You have to share your work with us one day!! :)

Stay warm today and have a good day:blizzard:

Andy yea to difficult child for his scooting yesterday thats cute!! I know what you mean we are 13 degrees here........... i'm umm engaging with difficult child right now about the fact that summer clothes cannot be worn today :stopglass:
ahhh she's alot of a.m. fun!! We have stores left to hit today, i have to get my stuff to bake.

everyone have a good, warm day!!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
:frostbite: "Oh the weather outside is frightful, the fire is quite delightful"
Brrrrr. The temps dropped considerably from yesterday.

Terri, glad you found the things you were looking for. I had the same problem. Lost or ahem, misplaced some gift cards. I felt much better when they were found.
I am having a photo of my son's with their dad taken about 15yrs ago converted into a painting for husband for Christmas. I'm pretty excited but it may not be ready for Christmas due to the late start. I'm excited.

Marguerite- tangerines are the smell of Christmas to me. by the way, I love a fresh mango. We picked them from our tree in Miami years ago.

Adrianne, hope you and difficult child stay warm today. Doesn't sound like a good day to be out and about.

Jennifer, good luck with the summer clothes discussion. LOL. :snowing:

I am heading off shortly, to take sweet Honeysue to get a chemo treatment. :nurse:She will get some x rays to see how slow or fast the tumors have progressed. Wish us luck. I am hoping that we make it to end of Feb. and the 1 yr anniversary. She seems fine but looks are deceiving.

We are going to do some last minute shopping, baking and generally run around. I'm hoping to throw meatloaf into the slow cooker so dinner is done when we get home.
:xmasdancers:
So to those of you in the hustle and bustle of the holidays, hope you are enjoying it. Santa is watching who is naughty or nice. :christmasgift:
I may have been listening to the all Christmas music station too long. LOL.
Have a great day.

TerryJ2

Andy, a windchill of way too below!!! I love it! Good description.
GTW, isn't scooting what a dog does when it's got impacted ... oh, never mind. Just don't tell your difficult child that, LOL!

Marg, I love reading about your gorgeous weather. Sigh.

It's chilly here but not below zero.

Jen, you're going shopping? arrrgh. I do not, repeat, do NOT want to go near the mall, today or any day before Jan. 15... 2020. :)
I will post photos on the Watercooler in a day or two.

Fran, neat that you're having an old photo made into a painting. Great idea! Great heirloom.
Best of luck with-Honeysue. That is so hard. :(