Good Monday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good Morning. :coffee:

Happy Labor Day to those of us that celebrate!

We'll be headed out to a local theme park today for one last summer Hurrah (!). I hope the weather holds out for us.

Have a great day!!! :salute:

Marguerite

G'day for Monday.

Labor Day, huh? Enjoy the theme park, TM.

We had a full day today and I am so tired and sore, even though I spent most of the time sitting down. I do think supervising difficult child 3's driving is tiring me more than I would have thought. He drove all the way all day again. Did OK, too, despite some very bad driving from buses and taxis in the heart of the city. Driving in Sydney CBD is not for the faint-hearted; it's not quite New York, but not far off it, I'm told.

Saw the breast surgeon first. Six month check-up. She's happy with me. I get a mammogram and ultrasound in six months' time and see her afterwards. All good. difficult child 3 had to park in a spot I hate parking in, it's very tight to get the car in and out of; he did it well. We then drove to the school (right in the heart of the city, near the Harbour). Again difficult child 3 parked well. Two heavy lessons, worked well with both and especially in English, surprised his teacher (good - she needed it). During his History lesson, I left to get difficult child 3 some lunch from the local hamburger joint. He had his lunch after the teacher left, then packed up to go home. I still had time to kill so I made him stay and finish his work. He wasn't happy with me but he did the work. He can't complain - we still left an hour before the usual school finish time. I had to get back to our district to see my GP (routine - prescriptions). While I was at the doctor, I sent difficult child 3 to do some shopping for me. He did well, which meant we could leave for home sooner.

I shouldn't be this tired though. I am aching all over, I think I might be coming down with something. I cooked a chicken risotto at mother in law's for dinner but came home as soon as I could. I've packaged up some urgent schoolwork to post back for difficult child 3 (meant to take it today; was appalled I'd forgotten) and got some washing on so I don't have to rush around quite so soon in the morning. husband is also feeling not 100% so it could be a bug.

I get to stay home tomorrow, even if it is cleaning day. Home help arrives about midday and she will also help me get a casserole cooking. After that we head to the mainland for difficult child 3's drama class, and a quiet dinner out. We've left a meal for mother in law for tomorrow night so she'll be OK.

The day after I have another early start, but without difficult child 3 this time. It will help me see if I'm tired because of his driving, or simply being out.

Enjoy your Monday, whether it be holiday or hard slog like the rest of us slaves.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning and Happy Labor Day to those in the U.S.!

TM-Enjoy the amusement park!! I hope the weather holds!

Marg-I'm sorry you are not feeling well and hope you aren't coming down with something. Remember to take it as easy as you can. Glad to hear difficult child 3 is doing so well with his driving.

We woke early to thunder and lightning but headed out to boot camp. Usually if there is a warning they will cancel but there was no warning and the lightning was sparse. Only three of us were there but we received an incredible workout! I'm glad our workout is done for the day!

Not much planned for the rest of the day-just taking things easy before heading back to work tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

:labor_day: Happy Labor Day!!

TM, have a great time at the theme park - you and thousands of others!!!!! Seriously, have a blast enjoying the last hurrah of summer :beach_ball:!

Marg, good news on the positive report from your doctor! Now take care of yourself if are coming down with something. You are always going, going, going. You may just have to say no so that you can rest up a few days to build your immune system back up. Take care.

I had a little cookout last night - homemade slaw, black bean salad, and spicy chicken sausages :bbq:. Only two invited guests. I always have my Memorial Day and Labor Day cookouts on that Sunday so that I can enjoy the Monday holiday without schedule!

I got a lot done at the office yesterday with no phones, no folks coming to the door and no bonehead!!! Although he did stop in for about 10 minutes. I'll just run in tomorrow to check on the secretary, but I've worked out to have tomorrow off!

I got a call from difficult child's 1:1 yesterday afternoon. He's ready! We set a meeting place for he and difficult child tomorrow morning and discussed his level of "detachment". I think difficult child is ready to be solo, but everyone felt it a good idea to keep the 1:1 through this high school transition. If it goes as planned, he'll be gone after winter break. Fingers crossed :please:...

Hey, enjoy your labor day if you are off today and, if not, thanks for your efforts :proudamerican:

Sharon

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Happy Labor Day!

TM have fun with Duckie at the park.
Marg, hope you're feeling better.
Sharon enjoy your peaceful day.

H and I spent a day riding bikes in Rhode Island yesterday, so since I pushed off my chores from saturday I will do them today. Just food shopping, passing the vacuum and cleaning the pool. I will ask difficult child to bathe the dogs too. easy child may come over with her love interest later for dinner.

It's gorgeous here today! Have a good one!