Good monday morning...

Hi Everyone,

Today it's FREEZING HERE:frozen::2cold:!!! Right now it's about 1 below... I know, this is "tropical" compared to what some of you have, lol...

Headed back to the kitchen for another cup of coffee before beginning the day...

Hope Monday is a good one for all... SFR

H

HaoZi

We might get all the way into the teens today. Expecting snow and freezing drizzle. Ug. Time for more coffee. And dragging kiddo out of bed.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

SFR, it's cold where you are. It never gets below freezing here even in the coldest winter, but it still is cold sometimes!

HaoZi, we've been doing the dragging kiddo out of bed too, in the last few days. difficult child 3 has been sleeping on his sister's couch while we stayed with her and SIL1. So getting difficult child 3 up in the morning became the first entertainment of the day.

We left this morning to drive home. It has been really hot and they have no air conditioning. We had to monitor the sun coming in and block it out, but still leave breezeways open if the air outside was cooler than inside. As soon as the day got hotter out than in, it's time to batten down the hatches, shut all doors and windows.

We got home late afternoon after running a few errands, dropping off the washing machine we brought back, etc. It was hot and muggy (so humid you can't cool off when you sweat). But tonight a cool change has blown through - we're getting a temperature drop from the ocean. The temperature was 33 C (91 F) today. After we cooled it off by opening breezeways when the sea breeze started up, it's cooled down to 24 C (75 F) in our bedroom. We hope to get some sleep tonight - it's been too hot to sleep well at easy child & SIL1's in Canberra.

Tomorrow is forecast to be fine, but only 26 C (79 F). I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure it was more than 33 today!

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

SFR- We're having the same cold air mass. Brrrr. :frozen:

HaoZi- I detest freezing rain & drizzle, too many people drive like idiots! Good luck getting kiddo out the door!:rollingpin:

Marg- We were well below zero overnight, I wish we had 79F weather today!:swimming:

Well, Duckie is in a snit, lol! She's planning on writing a letter to the school superintendent arguing against his decision to keep schools open today while we're having such bitter temps and the surrounding districts closed. She was majorly peeved. :rofl:

Have a great day! :salute: