Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

Happy October!! :ghost: :goo: :frankenstein: :vampire: It's back to work for me today and the start of one very busy week. There is something planned every single night after work. All I really want to do is stay in bed and not go anywhere :sleeping:Ah, but it is not to be. After work today easy child has something going on at her school (days like this I wish she went to her neighborhood school so she could just hop the bus home. Tonight difficult child has is first night of faith formation class-husband is taking him to that since I took easy child last night. Somehow in this husband and I will find time for the health club-it's the one thing that helps me have some energy! :treadmill:

Somehow this week I still have to find time to shop for a dress for my niece's wedding. I tried this weekend but didn't find anything I like except for one that was $138.00. I refuse to spend that much but I did love it!

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day! :autumn:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends, :flower:

Sharon, I, too, am searching for an outfit for my brother's wedding - not liking the styles nor the prices. I hope you find some time for yourself this week.

I have a pretty low key week ahead (at least as of today); kt gets her stitches out this afternoon. I have outpatient PT tomorrow morning & there is a half day of school on Wednesday.

The big hurdle today, of course, will be the stitches. :nurse:

husband heads off to a new assignment at his office today which will have him working in the office for the next 9 months. I got spoiled by him being here during the summer if I needed help or a ride to an appointment. Now I have more alone time - now I have to rely on myself more - put things off if I need a hand.

"hi" to anyone who might have snuck in!

Enjoy your day - keep it calm. Don't forget to hug your loved ones.

LittleDudesMom

:its_all_good: Good Morning Sharon and all to Folow!

Sharon, busy week huh? I usually turn the page on my weekly datebook on Sunday afternoon and make my "to do" list for the week. Yesterday ended up being busy and I haven't checked my schedule yet :rolleyes: So I don't know what I'm in store for.......

Our secretary is in Europe this week (think we pay her too much?) so I will probably go in for 3 or 4 hours every day to make sure things stay in control. Geeze, lots of bonehead :cigarsmoker: this week.....

Have a great Monday everyone! Remember it has always been No Meltdown Mondays around here :thumb:

Sharon

RAZZLYNNE17

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

Sharon- yikes you have a busy week coming up, try to find time to rest, good luck in search of a dress

Linda- good luck in your search for a wedding outfit , hope you have a nice wek

Well things have been crazy trying to pack for the new place, must be the wedding season as i bought an outfit yesterday for my friends wedding, not being a dress person i found a nice blouse and slacks at kohls very inexpensive i was shocked, difficult child however picked out a 26$ shirt but hey whatever. So i was going to die onSat. my friend , her boyfriend, difficult child, and i went to look for a couch, difficult child was fine a little upset as he lost another soccer game they are 0-4, this annoying lady followed us all over the store, we finally pick out a couch, and now this lady goes so how about a different color, and picks this really ugly pattern out, difficult child goes how about you f-off you mother fer. and walks away, she goes oh i made him mad. I wanted to die, and get out of that store as fast as i could, he has never done that while medicated. I asked him after my friend was gone why he said that, and all he said was i dunno i'm hungry. Well need to run, time for work!

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:
Sharon- Good luck with the dress. I hate clothes shopping. :lipstick:
Linda- Fingers crossed that kt does okay with the stitches removal, no hysteria. :warrior:
LDM- Enjoy your "surprise" Monday! :slap:
Jen- It might be time to get a medication adjustment if the outbursts continue.
Duckie is still sleeping, we didn't get home until almost 10pm last night. We had a blast! I certainly recommend seeing the HSM stage play if it comes through your area. It also helps that it was in a historic theater, lots of character & ambiance. :thumb:
I have a ton of running to do today... wish me luck.
Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :bravo:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning everyone.
Sounds like a normal busy week for all.
difficult child has been helping with some work in the house. I'm never sure he will follow through but he keeps trying.

It no meltdown Monday so it's laundry, bills and cleaning up the weekend mess.

Have a good day everyone. :jack:

Stella Johnson

Good morning guys!

Just got difficult child off to school. It's pajama day today so we had to buy special pajamas to wear to school. :princess:

I have an interview later today. I really really really hope I get this one. :angel:

Steph

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Morning

Sharon hope you find the dress you are looking for.

Linda I will send some positive thoughts that kt will do well with the stitches removal.

Sharon good luck with the schedule for your week. I did look at mine and wished I hadn't.

Jen I have to admit I chuckled about difficult children furniture comment. husband and I really don't like it when they "stalk" us around the store. I know it isn't what you wanted him to do hopefully it will not get worse. (But as husband and I continue with our house and go to furniture stores I believe I will remember that, not use it but remember it.)

TM glad duckie enjoyed the performance. easy child decided that for her 16th birthday she wanted to see a play so in November we are going to see Annie. Hope we enjoy it as much.

Well today is the beginning of a long week. Staffing for difficult child 2 in a few hours. They accomplish nothing at this stage but alas we go and resay everything we have said a billion times.

Homecoming week for easy child. So she will be busy. So many other things as well.

I think I will remember to breathe, breathe, breathe.

Beth

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

It was a public holiday for us today. We just got back from Canberra this evening and in a rush - we unpacked, dealt with the pets (including the two we're minding for the next week) and then organised dinner.

Weird weather - strong winds have been whipping the east of Australia from Brisbane and south to Melbourne. We copped it in Canberra too, but there it was cold. Apparently it's been sweltering in Sydney. So on Saturday we wore thermals and heavy jackets and back home it's skimpy singlets and shorts.

And what happens when it's spring, and Sydney gets hit with unexpected warm weather and hot, westerly winds? The bogong moths get blown off course. These moths, a staple food in a traditional diet for the Aborigines in Victorian Alps (and a delicacy, we're told) migrate from the northern border of NSW (where they spend their winters) back to their favourite cave in Mt Bogong, in the Victorian Alps. And right on the way, usually, is our Parliament House in Canberra. They found out the first year it was opened, and all the moths decided to settle in this brightly lit "cave" right on their way. So they now dim the lights in Parliament House every spring. Our Parliament House is actually a very large earth-covered building, brilliant design but very tempting to plagues of moths.

But this year - they've all got lost and invaded Sydney. Well, maybe not all. I have seen worse plagues, but it IS just the beginning. It continues until November, so we're in for two months of - yuk!
husband & I saw ONE moth on Friday in our bedroom just before we left for Canberra. But we came home to the air outside thick with them and you have to be careful to not let them in when you open the screen door - they hang there in droves.

They are unwettable. You can't spray them with anything. If you accidentally leave the toilet lid up, they cluster inside and give you an unpleasant startle when you "spend a penny". Imagine having 20 or 30 of these moths fluttering around your nether regions... and if you try to flush them away you get another unpleasant surprise - they don't flush. Instead, they can launch themselves from the water surface and take to the air.

They do no harm other than leaving large "moth specks" on the furniture and curtains (and everything else) as well as give you a nasty fright when one lands on your face in the dark. Plus they block air intakes, air conditioning ducts and can burn out electronics.

And I really don't know what to do, short of acquiring a taste for them like the original inhabitants of this country. I do have my limits!

http://www.abc.net.au/science/scribblygum/november2002/default.htm

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Marg, that just sounds so gross. Good morning all - looks like everyone is having a pretty typical week.

Today is the first day of not smoking for me. If I can get through it I will be very happy. I only smoke about 4-5 a day, but that's up since last year's 3 a week. Obviously I've gotten hooked and need to stop. With difficult child gone at her dad's now seems like a good time to try.

My mom left yesterday - kind of down, but I'm calling the VNA where she lives to see what services I can get in place for her. I think it will be temporary and she will eventually need to be in an assisted living place. Ugh.

Have a great day all!