Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

It's always hard after a long break to go back to work. It's not that I don't love my job, it's just the thought of staying in bed sleeping sounds very appealing this morning.

difficult child and I had a nice day together decorating the house for Christmas yesterday while husband and easy child went off shopping with husband's sister and niece. It was good that he was so pleasant because the rest of his weekend was not so good.

After work tonight I'm htting the health club and then I have one last conference. I'm going to meet her at her work on my way home.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day and finds many reasons to smile :snowman:

smallworld

Good morning all.

Sharon, glad you had a good day with difficult child yesterday. Hope your transition back to the "real world" goes smoothly.

We traveled to Connecticut for Thanksgiving to visit both husband's and my parents. The kids actually behaved for their grandparents and on the long car rides ("Simpsons" DVDs helped a lot).

Right before Thanksgiving we were told that difficult child 1 can't return to his private school until he receives further assessment and treatment. He had completely shut down and was doing little work in either the classroom or at home. husband and I are touring a therapeutic day school this morning. We are also considering a psychiatric program (45 to 60 day) in Wisconsin.

Hope you have a great back-to-school day. Hi if you snuck in.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, you go above & beyond as a teacher - I could've used someone like you for the tweedles. by the way, staying in bed under the comforter sounds like a wonderful plan for the day.

We survived the long weekend - helped that kt was off to respite from Friday afternoon until yesterday afternoon. She was so excited because there were 3 other adopted persons she could talk to; one of them was a staff person who is also a MSW.

I spent a great deal of the weekend napping. My body sure is begging for sleep - husband pointed out that even with the couple of hours I get at night & the naps I'm still averaging 4 or 5 hours a day. The man is such a stickler - loves to rain on my parade.

I have a grocery delivery today, a few loads of laundry & I'm off to see neuro do. Hoping for positive news there.

Enjoy your Monday - hope your difficult children are calm & cooperative & that the Monday blahs aren't.

LittleDudesMom

:xmasdancers: Good Morning on a No Meltdown Monday!!

Sharon, never heard of a teacher stopping by someone's work for a conference - you go above and beyond :teacher: Glad you and difficult child had a nice time decorating :xmasdec:

Small, great news that your Thanksgiving drive and holiday was a good one :thanksgiving: The long drives can drive some kids nuts! I'm all for the movies in the car!! Sorry difficult child 1 is shutting down in school. I hope you and husband are able to find him a program that will be a good fit :angel:

Linda, I'm curious as to what other patients on the same medication regiment have done with the lack of sleep. It cannot be good for a body trying to mend to only get four or five hours of sleep. Your body repairs so much at sleep. No reccomendations from the docs on getting more sleep? Hope everything goes well at the docs today :doctor: and that you can get some rest this afternoon :sleeping:

The kids and I had a great evening decorating last night :xmasdec:. We had chinese takeout (I wanted pizza but was outnumbered), put on Christmas Vacation, and decorated the tree. At one point my brother called and I went into the living room to talk to him for a couple minutes. We had only put up a few ornaments and I figured the kids would just sit down, watch the movie, and wait for me to unwrap some more. But when I went back in the family room they were decorating away :xmasdec:. They did a great job and it was a nice couple hours.

It's Monday so it means laundry, laundry, laundry, and a little weekend catchup around the house. I hope your Monday is a good one and the the difficult children get the memo about No Meltdown Monday :smile:

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Sharon- I'm glad you and difficult child had a better afternoon. :xmasdec:
Smallworld- I'm sorry to hear that difficult child 1 is having so much difficulty. :crying:
Linda- I have a friend nearby who has had horrible symptoms similar to yours except there was a fever at the onset. It turned out to be mono. That diagnosis never occurred to the doctors because she's close to sixty. :doctor:
LDM- Your decorating party sounds like it was fun! :xgift:
I have errands, errands and more errands to do today. Duckie is looking forward to school because we kept the weekend pretty calm for her. :princess:
Have a great day! :xmasdancers:

Fran

Former desparate mom
:coffee: I'm sorry to say my morning is packed with busy work. Ugh.
I wanted to say a quick good morning before jumping into the shower. easy child has to get to the airport shortly, painters are returning, and I am going to try to get out the door to drive mom home(8hrs one way). I'll probably be gone until Wed. evening. It's a real crimp in my week but what can I do?

I got a fair amount of the Christmas shopping done on line. Remember to shop through the website icons to help support the site. Christmas is really the biggest help to keep the site afloat.
:xgift:

smallworld, difficult child was asked to not return from most programs. It was devastating. You are wise to look for a more therapeutic environment. Hang in there.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning everyone~

Back to work after a long weekend is definitely a drag; I wholeheartedly agree that staying under the covers is a better option. Guess I need more :coffee:!!

It sounds like most of you had a very nice Thanksgiving weekend, travel, etc. I like the idea of decorating for Christmas :xmasdec:, but if I do it too early I tear it all down too soon and I like things up until at least Little Christmas :rudolph: (Jan 6th at our house).

I feel good today. I hope you all have a lovely, meltdown-free day. :its_all_good: