Good Morning for the week of December 16th!

tiredmommy

Good morning! :pirate:

We awoke once again to just brutal temperatures for this time of year: 10F. Duckie isn't feeling that great but I sent her to school simply because she doesn't meet the criteria to stay home. It doesn't help her case that I discovered last week that she had a page up on her iPad titled something like "How to Fake Being Sick To Get Out of School".

So this will be a very busy week of cleaning, finishing cookies, cleaning, laundry, cleaning, decorating, cleaning, wrapping gifts, and cleaning. Did I mention I have some cleaning to do? ;) I'm sure most of us have similar itineraries.

Time to frost the cookies! :hypnotized:

KTMom91

It's about 65 degrees here...it definitely doesn't feel like Christmas is only 9 days away.

Hubby's favorite cat is missing; she's indoor/outdoor and didn't come home last night. We're checking the shelter today to see if she ended up there.

The tree is up, the house is decorated, I made brownies for myself last night and they were wonderful! All shopping is done, and since we aren't hosting I don't have any serious cleaning to do. Just the usual dishes and laundry stuff that piles up when you aren't looking.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

cubsgirl

I'm working a ton of hours in retail. People can be so mean this time of year......brutual....but I start a new full-time job January 13th that is not in retail :)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good afternoon! We have the frigid temps along with snow and it took us 1 1/2 hours to get home from work due to the mess!

by the way, TM, are you wishing it was the 21st already:)

KTMom91

We found the cat...she looks like she doesn't feel well so we're keeping her away from the rest of the clowder this evening. She was down the street at a neighbor's just hanging out in the back yard. :cat: Glad Hubby found her!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Glad you found the cat:) It is snowing here again this morning so it looks like we are in for another long commute! LDM-you can have our snow, take it-PLEASE:)

LittleDudesMom

I am just now seeing this tired and wiped (wow, your names go great together!). I'll take it! :biggrin-new:

I am sitting here listening to the morning news and just heard our temps are supposed to reach 75 on Sunday - WHAT :hororr:!!!!!!

tiredmommy

Good morning!:eggonface:

I finally finished my Christmas cookies yesterday, it's always a relief to be done because they're all such work. Now I can have my kitchen back!

Today's agenda includes cleaning, laundry, a little more decorating and dropping off a few small gifts to Duckie's friends.

I can't wait to get started, lol! (That's sarcasm.)

Have a great day!:snowball:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!
TM-Sounds like a long day ahead. I hope it all goes well and you end up with a bit of down time.

I am looking at a long day as well. If I make it through the next 3 days without getting sick I will be so happy. Last night I was up way later than usual due to the usual holiday activities (by the way, that means I was up til 10:00). Then difficult child woke us in the middle of the night for husband to tuck him in (yes, he still does that-argh).

By the time we are driving home they are calling for freezing rain. Tomorrow is work and Saturday we are going to Green Bay to help Mom pack. However, come Sunday I plan on watching Christmas movies and relaxing most of the day (which is a good thing because they are predicting up to 10 inches of snow).

Wishing all a happy day!

Marguerite

Good morning everyone. It is morning here - technically. Marg's Man and I are still up after midnight. I just wanted to share with you, a taste of an Aussie Christmas.

It's hot here at the moment. Even after sunset tonight, we were lucky to have a slight breeze off the ocean but it was still very warm. Singlet tops and shorts.

We had our community carols tonight. Rehearsed our item after church this morning. I had about half an hour to grab some lunch (we eat lunch on the church veranda overlooking the ocean) and then have a quick swim. A couple of us were in swimsuits as we sang but I think I was the only one dripping on the carpet.

The water in the sea is so warm you can walk right in. I think the sea temp at the moment is about 22C. I didn't have long to swim, I don't get much time these days. I grab five minutes here or there about every second week. Crazy, when we live so close to the beach.

It's going to be a hot night - it's 26 C now at 12.30 am and will warm up over the next couple of hours. Tomorrow will reach 32 C here by the sea. Inner west of Sydney will hit the 40s.

Food - Sydney summer means boxes of mangoes, fresh passionfruit, fresh pineapple (fried in brown sugar with coconut cream and a splash of rum), strawberries the size of apples and exotic fruits such as papaya, lychees and rambutan. Oh, and star fruit. Then we go and spoil it all by cooking a classic European-style multiple roast dinner with all the trimmings. Bring on the cold seafood buffet!

Tomorrow we take mother in law for her monthly hospital day treatment. It's forecast to be a scorcher of a day, with hopefully a summer thunderstorm breaking the heat briefly by mid-afternoon. I remember those storms from when I was a kid - I would walk home from school and let myself get drenched by the rain, it was the only way to cool off.

Carols tonight went off well. A fun, relaxed night but with a lovely community feel. Some great music too. They asked difficult child 3 to be official photographer and he was busy all evening. In his element.

After we finished tonight husband took mother in law and difficult child 3 home while I drove my mobility scooter at my own pace. easy child 2/difficult child 2 gave me some tiny Christmas lights which I've strung on the handlebars. Looks very festive and they can really see me on the road! Didn't see any deer on the way home - very unusual. Usually we have a herd or two in the village streets every evening.

One day I'd like to experience a winter Christmas, but it will always seem strange to me, I think.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Marg!

Good to see you on the morning thread:) Your Christmas sounds so different from ours. Right now it is snowing; the forecast is for about 10 inches of snow. I'm not planning on getting out of my pajamas all day-lol! I wish I could come visit some year over winter break:)