Good Morning Friday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

I'm having all kinds of trouble with the Internet link tonight, there are some wild storms lashing parts of Sydney after we had a scorcher of a day. And yet again, we had a hot day when I had to drive out west and REALLY cop the heat!

easy child 2/difficult child 2 wanted to check out more wedding reception places today, I had made a lot of phone calls as well as searched online to find the most likely places. I packed a salad and some bottles of water and after all I drove because I knew I have air conditioning in my car and easy child 2/difficult child doesn't.

We saw 5 or 6 places, we now have a priority list of sorts and a lot of cost information. Some lovely places, cheaper than the city and frankly, nicer.

We ran out of water by midday and easy child 2/difficult child 2 stocked up on soft drink when I filled up with fuel. At the last place we saw they filled our water bottles with chilled water, very welcome. We got back late afternoon just as the early drops of rain started. Some of the storm has been wild indeed although not much water in it. Things have cooled down a couple of degrees, we could do with more. More storms tomorrow. But something's wrong with the Internet, I'm hoping I can post this.

Tomorrow husband is staying home for a change, we've got some wedding organising to do. I'm also hoping to get difficult child 3 to put in some school time (on the weekend). The school year is coming to a close and we're running out of time to get his course work completed.

Enjoy your Friday, folks. Now the storm has quietened down I can hear the possum family outside, stripping the peach tree.

Marg

K

Kjs

Good morning,

Marg I am jealous of your weather already and it isn't that cold here yet. there is a possibility of some snow flurries tomorrow.

After a week of 1/2 of school, difficult child has a full day today. A field trip to the city museums.

I have so many things going on I missed two appointments this week. Aaaghh. They charge for missed appointments.

Nothing going on today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Rabbit

Good Morning Friends! Hope everyone
has a great day and weekend!
Marg- planning a wedding sounds like a lot
of work and fun. Hope the storm did not do too much damage.
difficult child's tutor is coming She is set on dropping
out and taking the GED. Community colege
after that. Bob our new kitten is doing GREAT!
HUGS Rabbit

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marg-It's nice to hear about your summer heat as we cool down! I just wish it wasn't so incredibly hot for you with all the running around you had to do. Sounds like you need a swim in the ocean if it is going to be that hot tomorrow. I hope difficult child gets his work done!

I'm so glad it is Friday-it's been a looong week of conferences-they all went good but it is exhausting now to go back and teach for the day. Next week I have a few lingering conferences but the bulk is over.

Tonight difficult child leaves for a weekend of respite. Hopefully he will enjoy it-he never wants to go but we do need it and enjoy the down time. husband and I are supposed to go out with husband's sister and niece (and some of their friends) tonight for pizza. easy child is going to babysit one of sister in law's friends child.

I'm hoping to fit in a visit to the health club, if not I will get there tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a peaceful free choice Friday.:peaceful:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Kjs and Rabbit you snuck in on me!

I hope you both enjoy your days and Kj I'm glad you have nothing on your agenda after such a busy week! Rabbit-glad your kitten is doing well.

trinityroyal

Good morning Marg, Kjs and all to follow!

Marg--sorry that the storms are interfering with your internet access, but it sounds like overall they're a good thing, if they're cooling things down. Glad that easy child 2/difficult child 2 has narrowed down her reception site choices. I thought the one for which you provided the link was simply lovely! Hope you and difficult child 3 carve out some time to get through the remainder of his school assignments.

Kjs--sorry you've been run off your feet to the point that you're missing appointments. Maybe with difficult child in school full days rather than 1/2 days, you'll have a chance to catch up a bit? Fingers crossed.

I just saw husband off to work. By now he's on the train heading to his new job. He says that he likes the people, and he's getting a good handle on things. I'm so glad that it's been a smooth transition for him.

It hasn't really been a smooth transition for me. I'm so used to being on the go that I've been having such trouble adjusting to being at home. I have a list of things that need to get done, but I've just been mooching around the house. My therapist suggested that I just roll with it, and eventually my energy level will come back.

Today, I need to prepare notes from the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) staffing meeting and send them to everyone, to ensure that we're all on the same page, and follow up with difficult child's sensory therapist. Then off to meet my mother in law for a quick lunch. At 85 she doesn't get out that often, and it will cheer both of us up. After that, I will try my best to continue with my job search...it's terrible, but I don't feel motivated at all to find a new job. Well...press on, regardless, as my old English teacher used to say.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Trinity

trinityroyal

Rabbit and Sharon, you snuck in while I was posting. Good morning!

Rabbit--glad to hear that BobCat is doing well. Hope your difficult child's tutoring goes well.

Sharon (WO)--Whew! Conference week must be hard. I know what it's like as a parent, I can't imagine it as a teacher. Glad it's winding down so you can get to a regular schedule again. Enjoy the respite time. It's a well deserved break!

Happy Friday!
Trinity

LittleDudesMom

Good Friday Morning (Free Choice!)!!

I'm am running really late this morning so forgive me for not addressing each of you individually.

Busy, busy day ahead, but a relaxed weekend planned will keep the engines revved today!!

Hope your day is a great one!

Sharon

It's Friday!!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

Marg,

I do hope the storms have calmed the heat a little. It gets very hot here as well and all that heat really energizes our storms. They can be very frightening at times. I'm glad that they are over for the time being. Sounds like you are getting closer to a choice for a wedding venue. The link you sent looked wonderful, such a lovely place for a wedding. I know that your kids are thankful for all of your excellent planning skills right now! Good luck with the journey.

Kjs, so sorry about the missed appointments. Maybe the upcoming weekend will get things in order.

Rabbit, It's good to hear about Bob, your new cat. Aren't cats great fun? I hope difficult child's session with the tutor goes well!

Sharon, I'm hoping that respite goes well for difficult child. I know you are going to enjoy going to the health club. Nothing beats a good workout!

Trinity, I'm so glad that husband found a job and that things are moving along for him. I understand how you feel about your change in your routine. I 've always found it useful to "keep moving". I think that lunch with your mother in law is a great idea, do enjoy. Looking for a job is much more work than actually working at a job. I'm sending positive vibes and energy your way!

Sharon (2), enjoy your weekend and do relax after today's busy day!

I'm working at home today, my favorite! Maybe I'll get in a lunchtime visit to the YMCA to work out. I'll be working tomorrow, but it's good work, attending a training conference to keep up my professional training units. I'll see a lot of folks that I haven't seen in a long time and have a day to myself (yes!). We're preparing for Thanksgiving. We've rented a couple of vacation houses in the mountains near my Mom's retirement community home and we have invited all of husband's siblings and their children and their children's children. There should be 20 of us when all is said and done. It will be the first family reunion for them since their Mom died three years ago. Everyone lives so spread apart - California, Illinois, Kentucky, Texas, South Carolina. Whew!! husband's brother's son will be coming from Oslo, Norway where he and his girlfriend live. We haven't seen him in over ten years. His sisters say that he looks just like easy child... We can hardly wait, it's going to be lots and lots of fun. All the people and the commotion will be a challenge for difficult child, but I think that he will be glad that he was a part of the fun.

Everyone have a fabulous day and weekend!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

I really slept in this morning.....it felt good. I'm sorry I don't have time to greet each of you this morning; need to get ready for a couple of medical tests myself this morning.

I hope you all have a good day & all is calm.

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

What is it with today? I'm running late too and don't have time to address each of you separately. I have grocery shopping, errands, etc... I also have a little work today - not much, but at this point, I'm grateful for whatever comes in.

It is rainy and dreary around here. I wish I could crawl back under the covers...:bloodshot: but need to get moving!!! I think I'll take a mug of caffeine with me for the road...

I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile :Dtoday...:autumn: WFEN