Good Morning Friday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

It's been a moderately full day today. difficult child 3 got a little schoolwork done before we had to leave at midday, to go to my eye doctor appointment. I needed difficult child 3 to co-drive for me since after the eye drops, I'm not supposed to be driving. I can supervise my learner driver son, however...

The eye doctor has said my eyes are doing well and the retinal tear seems to have resolved as much as it can. I don't have to go back now for a year.

From there we drove to the mall, got a bit of shopping done, then headed home. difficult child 3 still drove because the eye drops are still taking their time to resolve.

Tonight we had another choir practice (performance on Sunday) and I noted that while driving to and from there, I am still getting badly dazzled by car headlights. Thank goodness I didn't have to leave the village - I'm glad to be home again. My eyes will be totally back to normal by morning.

Tomorrow I have people to see and a meeting to go to. I'm hoping to get an early night tonight.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:thanksgiving2: Good Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!

Marg, I can remember my parents telling me twenty-five years ago that they didn't like to drive at night. I remember wondering why. As the years go by, my eyes seem a little more sensitive to the oncoming lights. It doesn't cause me pause, but almost a sign of things to come??? Hope you got that early night.

Today is a kinda free day for me - first one I've had in a while! I plan on hiding my roots this morning :)secret:!!) and after that I have no plans whatsoever! I'll probably putz around the house here because there is always something....

Hope your Friday is a great one!

Sharon

H

HaoZi

Marg glad to hear your eye is healing. I've always had that issue with night driving, I've found those yellow driving glasses help me.

I expect today to be busy at work and exhausted when I get off, so glad it's Friday! Tomorrow I don't have to drag Hibernator out of bed before dawn.

Marguerite

The eye problem (with glare) is purely because I had eye drops put in today, but they seem to be longer lasting than usual. Probably because the doctor had to look in detail at my retina. I think my eyes are almost back to normal now. Probably still a bit yellow from the fluoroscein, though, that they put in to check the surface of the eye and also to check for glaucoma.

As I drove down the hill tonight there was a car parked facing up the other way with its headlights shining right at me. I remember thinking that they were especially bright, with that almost liquid-like brightness I only get with migraine or eye drops. When I drove back down that way two hours later after rehearsal, the headlights were still shining. Then I realised - someone had left their headlights on all that time, and were going to come out to a flat battery... as it was outside the local drug pusher's place, I did not stop to let them know! But now it's a few more hours later, and I think the sensitivity has greatly eased.

Sharon, enjoy your creative colourful day. HaoZi, I hope you have an easy dinner planned for tonight.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Glad your eyes will be back to normal in the morning!

Sharon-Enjoy your day:) I've been thinking about coloring my hair for the first time because I'm starting to see a few grays but I think I notice them more than others.

HaoZi-Hope your day isn't overly exhausting.

Just a quick hello this morning as I'm in Michigan and getting ready to head out to breakfast with my sister in law. Hope you are all having a great Friday. Can't wait to see the Harry Potter movie later this afternoon. Also, I'm hoping to get difficult child a much needed haircut!!

hexemaus2

Old hand
Good Friday morning ladies!

Marg - glad to hear your eyes are doing better. I hate having that glaucoma test every year. (They also check my eyes for other stuff, from years of wearing contacts for days and days on end.) I always feel like I'm walking around half drunk because of that funky halo thing.

LDM - enjoy your relaxing day. Don't worry, we won't tell...only her hairdresser (and fellow warrior moms) will know the truth. :)

HaoZi - Hope your day's not too hectic. I'd opt for a Fend For Yourself dinner tonight.

Today is errand day. Living so far out in the boonies, we consolidate all the "in town" errands to one day. We run to the bank, go grocery shopping, etc. Today I'm gonna go shopping for a new chainsaw. It's time make some serious headway on this year's winter firewood. Amazingly enough, I'm going to buy another ax for (drumroll, please) difficult child 2!! (difficult child 3 gets upset if anyone else uses his maul or ax) I can't believe I'm going to put a sharp tool in difficult child 2's hands and allow him to swing at things - but so grateful he and his brother enjoy it. Mom runs the chainsaw - the boys take it from there. They get to beat the **** out of something in an effort to demolish it, then set fire to it. What teenage boy wouldn't love that? lol.

Friday's normally a light load in terms of work, so not too much on my plate there. Phew! In fact, one of the few projects I have on the board for the weekend is going straight to my intern. She loves these kinds of projects and could use a few extra bucks with Christmas coming.

I'm actually kind of proud of myself. It's not even 9am yet and I've almost cleared the board of work stuff, gotten payroll done, taken care of the animals, cleaned the kitchen, and put dinner in the crockpot for tonight. Woo-hoo! I might actually have time to read a book this evening after dinner!

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday. Don't let the kiddos see you sweat!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning all!

Marg, I'm so glad that your eye doctor is concerned so little that you don't have to go back for a year! That's wonderful. Also, count me in as one who no longer drives confidently at night. Did it the other night in the rain - the worst!
Sharon, enjoy your day, sounds like a tiny break from the usual - good for you!
Haozi, I hope your evening is relaxing, as planned.
Hex, you're a busy one! I hope you're able to get it all done and still have time to chill out later.

I am at work this morning and then this afternoon, my sister and I are driving to PA to get my mom and bring her here to CT tomorrow and to her new home at a local nursing facility local to us both. I am both excited to have her near, but nervous about taking on this added responsibility. I am hopeful that it will be more rewarding than burdensome. I really am looking forward to having my mom nearby and am relying on my sister and our collective families to visit Mom often.

That's all I can think about for today - I'm exhausted in every.single.way. Sigh.

Have a good one everyone~

Good Morning Everyone,

Marg, Great news from the eye doctor:D!!! Hope you get a really good night's rest...

Sharon (LDM), Glad you have a day all to yourself!!! ENJOY:D...

HaoZi, Hope today at work goes quickly and smoothly... Hope you get lots of extra zzz's tomorrow morning...

Sharon (WO), Hope you enjoyed a relaxing leisurely breakfast with your sister in law... ENJOY the Harry Potter movie - Have a great day!

hexemaus2, What a BUSY beginning to your day! I'm impressed!!! Hope you get everything done that you want to accomplish and get to do some reading this evening...

hearts&roses, Have a safe trip picking up your mom. I'm glad she'll be near you. I know how much you love her! I remember all you went through when making this decision. I hope your sisters/families provide the support necessary for you to take care of your mom without you becoming exhausted and drained... Hugs...

This morning didn't get off to a good start. difficult child 2 spent the time before school banging and throwing things, verbalizing, etc... He couldn't find his water bottle. He doesn't want to have to replace it using his own funds. He needs to learn that even if he loses something by accident, he still needs to replace the item on his own. I am a firm believer in natural consequences! easy child(?)/difficult child 3(3) slammed the back door without saying goodbye on her way out. This has become a daily thing. According to her, husband and I are the worst parents ever!!! Everyone else's parents are so much better, lol... Her behavior is really starting to wear me down to an absolute frazzle... OK, enough venting!!!

It is a beautiful, cool, sunny day. I really want to take my "favorite sanity saver" on a long walk but need to stay off my foot. Instead I'll take her for a ride in the car - I need to make a quick trip to the grocery store - Ran out of fresh veggies to make a salad for dinner, pick up a script at the pharmacy, stop at the post office, and drop a bag of canned goods off at the local food pantry.

I hope everyone has a great weekend:D... SFR