Good Morning Friends

LittleDudesMom

:hot:Good Heatwave Morning from the Southeast!

Rabbit, wishing you a good day as well.

Our temps are expected in the low 90's today! And, two huge thunderstorms blew through this morning - it was like summer!

Office this morning then I'm taking difficult child to the bookstore. He got a bookstore gift card in his Easter basket and he's going to find some mangas! At 7 tonight, easy child and I are hitting the preview at Macy's. She got a homemade egg in her basket that listed a new pair of spring/summer shoes! Macy's is having a big shoe sale tomorrow but today is the cardholder preview.....so she wants to go right after class to "get the good stuff before it's picked over!"

Hope your day is filled with good stuff!

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Rabbit, enjoy your warm weather today. Hope all is going well with you & yours.

Sharon, sounds like Easter baskets were a lot of fun this year - have fun with the shoe shopping.

Not much on my plate today - paperwork & laundry. A day late, a dollar short. I have a couple of phone meetings scheduled as well.

Hope you day is sunny & warm.

Marguerite

G'day for Tuesday.

Rabbit, sounds like you've scored our warm weather. Enjoy!

Sharon/LDM, your son is into manga too? The stuff is addictive, isn't it?

Linda, sounds like you're playing catch up. I hope you find today's efforts productive. I like phone meetings - they are a good option when you are too tired/too busy/too far away to get to a meeting face to face.

We just got back from mother in law's for dinner. I cooked up gourmet leftovers - a chicken and vegetable risotto and potato gnocchi. More carbs than is good for me, I know, but it's good to get some food into mother in law, she's not eating enough. Otherwise we've had a fairly quiet day. I had a physio appointment tis morning, grabbed the chance while down at the shops to post off a parcel and get some prescriptions filled at the pharmacy. Turns out my pain pill script is out of date, I have to see my GP urgently to get a new prescription. Oh well... I probably have to go "to the mainland" tomorrow to collect husband (the car is going in for a long service) so I'll try and fit in a doctor's appointment. Otherwise I'll have to do it on Friday, when I have an appointment in the city, right under the Harbour Bridge. I can see the doctor on my way home.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone.

Marg

Marguerite

English teachers always hate comics. But we've found they have been marvellous for difficult child 3 - a comic book has social context, it has a lot of visuals, and of course it has text. difficult child 3 has always done better when he gets a "package". When you're dealing with kids whose imaginations work differently, you need to recognise this and not force them to begin with books that are pure text. After all, when we first expose kids to books, they are picture books first, often without text. Then it's text in large print and small amount, with large, brightly-coloured pictures. As the readers get older and more competent, they move on to fewer pictures, b/w pictures and finally no illustrations at all.

So what's the difference with comics?

Marg

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm wearing knickers to work.........it's 89 here. In COLUMBIA.....HOT HOT HOT....and it's APRIL.......

Hi Rabbit - what's shakin?