Good Morning Groundhogs Day Saturday!

dreamer

Hmm, well, I am saying "good morning" but I am headed for bed, LOL.
My kids are ageing out of moms desire to celebrate all the silly little days. :-( So, while our town does up a whole few days worth of Ground Hog Day celebrations (the movie was made here)- my kids are not interested. :-( LOL.

I will sleep a little and then it is bill paying, laundry and hope no new snow falls today, cuz I just finished shoveling what we got last nite, LOL. Maybe I should also shop for husband birthday, LOL, the kids are wondering why we have not yet done so.

Anyway, Happy Saturday to all who follow- hope you are warm and cozy and not too busy, just busy enough.
Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to!

Marguerite

I thought the movie was made in Pennsylvania...

G'day dreamer, happy Groundhog Day!
I hope the snow waits until after you've got back home from your errands.

We had a damp morning, I ran my errands down the road with hot humid weather but rain clouds looming. On the way down to the shops I found some signs shoved in a drain, signs belonging to our resident greenie ratbag (and friend of mine) so I dragged them out and took them to him. He's getting hassled by local kids; he does annoy people in his zeal, he's even shouted at me once, for apparently promoting cola drinks (in one of my stories, published in the local paper). He used to be infamous for putting graffiti on certain billboards, especially those advertising cigarettes or alcohol. Clever graffiti, his way of protesting.
On the way back from the shops I had more chance to chat with him - and got rained on while we talked. Nothing heavy, more like humidity condensing out. Refreshing, but not enough of it.
Later in the afternoon the sky cleared a bit more so difficult child 3 & I went for a swim. The water was lovely - not too warm, just cool enough to be refreshing. But the salinity must be high - I could float around, head fully out of the water, without needing to paddle hands or feet. A few other people noticed the same thing.
I'm hoping it stays fine enough tomorrow to take husband down for a swim also, to make up for the water being cold last week when we went together. They've forecast showers, but so what? They forecast showers today, too, and we didn't get anything measurable.

I made a shell pendant for difficult child 3 this evening - I just threaded some cord through a shell I collected this afternoon. We have a little gastropod here called an oyster borer, it drills neat holes in bivalve shells right on the hinge so it's almost ready-made jewellery.

The long-range forecast indicates we'll have summer for another couple of months yet. I hope you get your break in the winter soon - I gather a lot of you are getting fed up with snow by now. I live for summer - I'll miss it when it goes. But our winters are very mild here so I can't complain too much.

Enjoy your day today.

Marg

Coookie

Good Morning Dreamer, Marg and all to follow...

Dreamer, Hope you get all your errands done and have a peaceful day. :)

Marg, Hope you get your swim in. :) I imagine the weather there is very beautiful. :)

Well, getting ready to head off to work. :( :) This is the last EARLY morning I have to work for quite awhile so that is good. :)

difficult child is doing well with his job (TG) and things here are continuing to move along good. Taking it one day at a time. :praying:

Praying for a peaceful day for all.

Hugs

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

dreamer, sounds like a busy day planned for you & yours. Keeping fingers crossed that the snow passes by you today.

Marg, as always, you have such interesting neighbors on that little island of yours. I hope you & husband get a swim in today.

I'm up but would prefer to be sleeping. Nothing on the agenda today - just one of those weekend days with a few chores, some grocery shopping to accomplish (husband & kt) & hanging out.

I believe I heard that it may snow today. Whatever. :grey:

The canvas I stretched is finally dried so if all goes well I can start a new water color painting today. I'm thinking of doing this one in water color pencils - just to check out the medium & see how it works. I can always toss it if I don't like the end result. :painter:

Enjoy your Saturday. Here's to difficult children that stop & think; a warm day with love & laughter. And finally a bit of time to ourselves to regroup if necessary or just take a well deserved breather. Hug your loved ones. :flowers:

LittleDudesMom

:geek:Good Morning Ladies!

Dreamer, for your sake, hope you don't get any snow and you can relax a little after your chores!

Marg, how relaxing it must be when you are so boyant in the water! Hope you and husband get your swim together today :water_happy:.

Robby, glad this is your last early morning AND that difficult child is enjoying his new job. Glad this is your last predawn drive to work :coffee2:

Linda, sounds like a lovely day spent working on your art :painter:.

Well, if our weather this winter is any indication, we will be having an early spring! I have not gotten my good snowfall this year :snowing: and the kids and I are bummed about that! However, difficult child will be in the snow today as he and bonehead are driving two hours northwest of here to go tubing! difficult child is so excited! I am so glad I talked bonehead into this.

So today I was going to go to a movie with my cousin since I have the day kid-free! However, I've decided to just hang here at the house. I didn't sleep well at all last night (which is unusual for me) so I thought I would watch some movies, read a little, take a nice nap under the covers, take a nice long hot shower and exfoliate and pamper myself :bath:.

I hope you find your Saturday to be relaxing and incident free!

Sharon

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Happy Groundhog's Day - my H's all time FAVORITE "holiday" - tee hee hee.

easy child is coming home for a day visit from school today and I can't wait to see her. She's bringing her friend with her - it's like a blast of sunshine when she's home.

difficult child never came home last night, we had lots of icy stuff last night, so I called her at 4AM pretty peeved. H seems to think it's all good as long as she has a job, which she got yesterday, finally, PT but better than nothing.

I am doing errands and chores this morning...gotta get moving.

Marg, I want to swim in your waters...it just sounds so lovely there!

Linda, enjoy your painting today - you inspire me!

Dreamer, somehow it seems you're not getting enough sleep, I hope you're able to get all your chores done.

Robby, May your last day of getting up so early and heading out to work be as peaceful as ever.

Sharon, enjoy your day of pampering, it sounds wonderful! YOu reminded me it's time to have my nails done. Yipppeee

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Dreamer, I hope you don't get any more snow and you find the perfect b-day gift for your husband.:hapBday:

Marg, I'm glad you and difficult child 3 enjoyed your swim. I hope husband gets a chance to go with you tomorrow. :swimming:

Coookie, I'm glad difficult child is doing well at his new job!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that he continues to do so... I'm glad this is the last early morning you have to work for awhile!!! Working early in the morning is definitely not fun!!!:bloodshot:

Linda, I hope you have a very creative day:painter:

Sharon, It sounds like your going to have a WONDERFUL day!!! Enjoy every second of it!!!:bath:

My favorite sanity saver woke us up extra early today. I decided to make the best of it and did some laundry and squeezed in an extra work-out before husband left for work.

After I give the kids lunch today, I have errands to do. I'm hoping difficult child 2 will behave. His behavior has been HORRIBLE for about a week now.:919Mad: Nothing much planned for this evening - Just hoping for a peaceful one...

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today...:flower: WFEN

Jo,

Sorry I missed you!!! I hope you get all of your errands done quickly. I'm glad you're going to have a chance to see easy child. I'm hoping everything works out well with difficult child's new job!!!

Have a great day!!! :flower: WFEN

Marg,

the movie setting for Groundhog Day was Puxatawnie, PA (spelled something like that) but was filmed in Dreamer's town ;).

I LOVE Bill Murray!

I just got back from the store. See what happens when I procrastinate. They are fresh out of "Happy Groundhog's Day" greeting cards. Shoot.

Oh well, at least around here, I don't think there is a chance in a million that Phil will see his shadow.