Good morning. It's Monday again

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Fran, Sep 14, 2009.

  1. Fran

    Fran Former desparate mom

    Hope you are all rested after a few days off.
    It's planning to get up into the 90's again in my part of the world. I had hoped we would be done with summer. No such luck.
    We took our little toddler niece home to their parents. :byebye: I have much more energy now. Wonder why? I loved having her here and I was glad to have my own life back. I can survive anything for a week even a 2 yr old meltdown.

    difficult child is still in a holding pattern for work. He decided against the roommate and apartment but it's an option for him if he changes his mind. He wasn't comfortable with the young man. Sounded like good thinking to me. His dating relationship with his young lady continues to make good progress and is a positive. :beautifulthing: Things are progressing in his life.
    I am hoping this is the month we are done with hurricane Ike stuff(one year later). I can't begin to tell you how much more frustrating this was compared to Hurricane Andrew. Island mentality is similar to small town mentality. Lots of empty tin cans making noise and a lot of gossip. Not easy for someone so far from the action. Sigh. :crazy2:
    I'm off this morning for day 1 of week 2 of boot camp. It's not really as bad as they make it sound but it's intense. Wish me luck.

    Hope you all have a good day. I have to pour my coffee down my throat as I run out the door.
  2. LittleDudesMom

    LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

    :coffee: It's No Meltdown Monday Morning Already!!!

    Fran, you and I are up and on the way to the gym this morning! I think you will be a little more challenged that I will! I'm sure the house seems much quieter this morning without the little one. I was watching tv the other day and they did a segment about the island a year after Ike. There were some homes on the water that have been beautifully restored, while there are others pieces of foundation are the only reminders. They also featured some businesses that were affected and how they are getting along. Hope you are able to close this chapter soon!

    Crazy day for me. Gym this morning then some quick errands and putting the laundry away (did it yesterday because my day was shaping up to be real busy). At noon I have a meeting with difficult child's therapist to discuss a game plan for tapering his 1:1. I really feel it is important to have this done by the time difficult child starts high school next year. Especially given that he will be applying to out of district high. She and I will discuss a sensative way to slowly remove his 1:1.

    Following that meeting, I have a meeting with the compliance officer at difficult child's school. I found out that that one of difficult child's teachers was not following the modifications on his IEP. There was one incident where this created a problem in the classroom. When I spoke with the compl off about it on Friday, she said she had had these issues with the teacher before and she doesn't do A or B. I told her that if A or B was in my son's IEP and the teacher refused, she better be prepared to be taken to court. That immediately got a response and we will meet this afternoon to sort it out. Good thing I learned how to put my warrior mom suit on years ago on this site! :warrior:!!!!

    Don't forget it's no meltdown Monday around here! Hope it's a good one!

  3. Wiped Out

    Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Good Morning,

    Fran-Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your niece! I know what you mean about being glad to have your life back again! I love that you are doing boot camp. I don't think I have the energy anymore for early morning workouts. There was a time when I would be at the club at 3:30 every morning. It's great to hear that difficult child is doing so well:)

    Sharon-You rock, Warrior Mom!!!! I love how you work! I hope you are able to find some "me" time in your busy day!

    husband and I had a great time this weekend (well through late Saturday night anyways). It was good to get some time to ourselves with-o the kiddos and, to top it off, Michigan won a nail-biter of a game! We made it home early Sunday morning (about 2:15) and then it was back to reality.

    This morning I'm feeling exhausted! Somehow I need to get to bed early tonight but I don't see it happening. After work we have a staffing for difficult child and we need to make it to the club tonight!

    Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend-hi if you snuck in:peaceful:
  4. therese005us

    therese005us New Member

    Hi everyone! Another week started.
    I haven't had much sleep all weekend. Just kept hearing Cherub's watch every hour, on the hour (she sleeps in a little cubby near me). Unfortunately, the novelty of the hourly reminders for the toilet have worn off already. We'll keep trying though.
    DS19 was difficult most of the weekend. Saturday refused to go to his psychologist appoitnment. The psychologist rang me, I told him, then he had a little chat with me, well, he listened to me rant a bit. He was unaware of his previous diagnosis and asked me to drop in any previous medical reports. seems DS hasn't been honest and forthcoming in his sessions so far. That's all he said. I'm glad actually, I don't want DS19 to think I've sabotaged his appointments and refuse to go.
    Today, finally I could get up and do something. Took DS19 to work, then cleaned his van - found something that I put in the fire.
    Picked him up, and charged him $40 for cleaning the van and washing his clothes; since he didn't do it properly when I asked him the many previous times. He wasn't happy, but paid up..... "If you don't clean it, you'll have to pay me to do it"
    Our German student has gone to live elsewhere, long story, but probably for the best when you read later posts....
    took Cherub to her paediatrician appointment - they were late seeing us... long morning.
    Cherub's bio mum is all happy because her boyfriend (the perpetrator) is comign back in the morning, can I have the other two?
    DD12 and I watch pollyanna together tonight, and she's gone to bed happy (but sniffly) because we've had that special time together.
    I had to fix the hotwater system.... but I broke a bit of it as well. We have hotwater for a shower, which is good.
    Have a good Monday everyone.... Tuesday's going to be busy for me, and Wednesday, and Thursday and Friday..... the weekend? Well, could be tricky with 5 kids and a 5 seater car....
  5. Marguerite

    Marguerite Active Member

    G'day, people.

    I'm grabbing a few seconds in between difficult child 3 (up WAY too late tonight) grabbing the computer to fix the wireless internet connection for his computer. I don't know what is going wrong with it, the main reason he's still up is his desperation to finish off some schoolwork because I've threatened to post it off incomplete. I had promised him a block of chocolate (already purchased) when he finishes his maths. If I send it off incomplete, he doesn't get the chocolate. So he seems to be pulling an all-nighter, but is at the same time "doing stuff" on the computer.

    The sooner I finish this post the sooner I can shut down and go to bed.

    TOmorrow husband & I head out (leaving difficult child 3 to do schoolwork at hoe, another reason to get Maths off the agenda, he won't work on it alone, only on other subjects). husband & I are taking easy child 2/difficult child 2 and BF2 to the wedding reception place to do final paperwork. We're also visiting Bridesmaid 4 afterwards, taking her measurements and hopefully cutting out the dress on the hospital ward floor. easy child 2/difficult child 2 wanted Occupational Therapist (OT) to bring my sewing machine as well but I have refused. it's MY machine, she can buy her own. She has decided to put money down on a very expensive (and totally unnecessary in my opinion) pearl pendant, she could buy several sewing machines for the price of the pearl. I bought my sewing machine 34 years ago so I could sew my own wedding dress. She should have bought her own for her wedding, in my opinion, instead of expensive jewellery. She can't even afford to pay for contents insurance, says she plans to leave the pearl at our place so our insurance will cover it. Talk about not thinking things through...

    At least we don't have to rush off in the morning. I can get difficult child 3 started on schoolwork and talk to easy child 2/difficult child 2 over the phone to coordinate our tasks for the day. husband & I also plan to do some grocery shopping tomorrow (after we get the kids back home, we should still have enough time).

    difficult child 3 seems to finally be leaving me alone - he's chosen to give up on the wireless network and has paid out cable to his bedroom to plug in his laptop.

    At least that's one subject he's doing OK in. He did his computer studies exam last week and got 94%.


    Enjoy your Monday. I'm not enjoying still being awake as we slide into Tuesday...

  6. ChefPaula1965

    ChefPaula1965 Oh my aching back!!

    Good morning all!!
    Glad to see some of you are up and working out!! I am at home alone again after a prety nice week end with the family.
    husband job is treatening to fire him.. they have been very nit picky and find fault in everything. Considering that his $2k net monthly is our only income this is scary!
    I am still waiting for a court date for my social security!!! I have been unable to work since my 2nd back surgery (I have metal rods from bottom of neck to last 4 vertebrae, long story) I was denied the first time around but my lawyer says that my medical reccords as far back as even the firts surgery (04/07/07) I qualified for ssi... He says he is very confident that we will win.
    Have court date next week for the bankrupcy...
    Other than that, things stay pretty calm around here and I have grown accustomed to being alone all day. ..
    Everyone here is great.. It is good to be back!!