Good morning. It's Monday morning already

Fran

Former desparate mom
It comes pretty quickly doesn't it?
I haven't been posting much but I keep checking in to see what's happening.
The summer schedule is filling up quickly.

In the meantime, difficult child decided to participate in a family challenge to get fit and lose some weight. I figured he would ignore us and not participate but the less I said to him and the more he heard us talking to family on the phone the more he decided to get involved. He is pretty heavy and very sedentary despite years of us prodding, pleading and encouragement.
So now he is exercising 30 min/ day for the last 7 days. I didn't have to remind him or suggest or nudge or prod. Now he is talking of changing his eating!!!!!:bigsmile: It's signs of light seeping through his consciousness.

So there is some hope in the Fran household that difficult child will overcome an obstacle and I didn't have to force it.

Hope you all have a hopeful Monday.

Im a Believer

Fran ~ difficult child desiring to be a "par tof the family" ? That is a GOOD sign ~

I LOVE Mondays! Really! The start of new beginings!

Have a FABULOUS day everyone!

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Fran, here's hoping difficult child can keep up the good progress he has begun.

IAB, enjoy your Monday. I'm glad SOMEONE gets something out of the beginning of the working week...

It's back to school for Term 2 for us today. difficult child 3 has been quite good today (better than last night!). We're into the new school routine already, which includes rules on getting to bed earlier. With his new Learner's Permit he's wanting driving lessons all the time, so we have more leverage.

Tomorrow I have to take mother in law to the doctor - she was supposed to go last Friday but there was a nasty incident with the car that was called to take her, the driver arrived an hour late then got abusive when mother in law said, "But I'm not going now, you were so late the doctor cancelled my appointment." We've called the police about it. The car, by the way is ordered through a government department that works with returned servicemen and their partners. These are people who have served their country and are deemed to be worthy of the greatest respect and support; but mother in law copped abuse, demands for money and then the driver came back (expecting mother in law to be alone in the house) and actually came inside the house looking for mother in law in order to continue screaming abuse with very threatening behaviour.

Understandably, she didn't want to try ordering a car again!

After mother in law's doctor's appointment, we'll go do some shopping then take difficult child 3 to his drama class. Then maybe dinner, depending on whether husband gets back in time to have dinner with us. He's expecting a really bad day tomorrow.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg