Good Morning-it's Saturday!

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:
The weekend is here! It's something I enjoy saying so much during the school year but right now, for me, it means we're that much closer to school starting! Say it isn't so!! I've been enjoying my summer as difficult child has been in day camp most weeks and it has been somewhat relaxing.

I'm off to work in a bit and then I'm not sure what plans we have for the day. I really should go to the club since husband and I skipped yesterday but I'm not feeling very motivated so we'll see-hopefully the motivation factor will change!

easy child has to go to a car wash with the other cheer leaders. They're trying to do a bit of fund raising. I might take difficult child to the pool depending on his mood and the weather.

I hope everyone is able to enjoy their day and finds reasons for laughter and smiles!:icecream:

Marguerite

G'day folks.

Sharon/WO, I hope the car wash fundraiser goes well for easy child. I remember doing those when I was younger - it was a great excuse to wear a swimsuit and get wet while still doing a good deed! I think we got a lot more customers because we were in our bikinis while we washed.

We've had a relaxing day here today, having a family dinner to celebrate easy child 2/difficult child 2's birthday the other day. difficult child 1 & girlfriend came along too so I grabbed the chance to get girlfriend to visit my friend who is making the wedding dress. We took some pictures and talked patterns and fabrics.

easy child 2/difficult child 2 used the opportunity to get some more of her stuff (and BF2's things) so the house is a little emptier. I had a couple of shirts I'd bought for husband which aren't to his taste - I gave them to easy child 2/difficult child 2 to give to BF2, he's the same size. mother in law came too and we watched a Gilbert & Sullivan DVD of Opera Australia. A very enjoyable afternoon.

easy child 2/difficult child 2 left early and gave girlfriend a lift to her home as well.

Tomorrow we are taking easy child 2/difficult child 2 to see the LAST session of "Rocky Horror Show" in Sydney. We had always promised to take her and hadn't managed to organise it. husband has, by chance, seen EVERY production of this that has been on in Sydney, since the 70s. I've only seen it once before, although I did go to a cult midnight screening in costume once, with easy child and her friends. I won a prize...

easy child 2/difficult child 2 is planning to go ultra-Goth tomorrow - corset, vampire teeth, the works. I'd better go see if I can shoehorn my lard into my red satin & black lace corset...

Monday difficult child 1 has a day off from work. We will be using it to try to sort out some rather unpleasant problems with his job - they have been paying him only about two thirds of award wage, they have lied to him by telling him he doesn't need an apprenticeship to learn to be a carpenter and now it looks like the amount on his pay slips doesn't match the amount they are transferring into his bank account. He's been getting badly short-paid, the bank statements and the net pay don't match. He is ill-equipped to fight these sort of battles. I spent a few hours tonight after easy child 2/difficult child 2 left, scanning difficult child 1's pay slips, bank statements and government paperwork. We meet with his disability agency caseworker on Monday for a council of war.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg