Good Morning. It's Tuesday!

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's been a long night of sleeplessness. Can you tell difficult child returned home? I'm back to my restless nights wondering and trying to come to grips with his energy back in my home.
On a positive note, he and easy child drove the 9hrs and got here safely. It's the first time they have driven that far without an older adult. I'm not sure what we did before GPS. It's a godsend.

We will have a day or two of play with easy child before he returns to work then we will have to develop a plan for difficult child. At the very least, he wants to get to work.

Hope today goes smoothly. I'm on the roller coaster again.

Maybe a good cup of coffee will lighten my attitude.
Have a productive Tuesday. Stay cool.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Fran, I have a wonderful blend of coffee brewing even as we speak. You're welcome to stop in anytime for a cup! :coffee:

I've had the same sleepless night as Fran ~ wm & his antics at camp are on my mind. I've listened to almost an entire book on tape though I doubt I've heard much.

On another note, kt is doing well; she & her PCA went to the mall yesterday & she picked out her entire new school wardrobe. This is the first year for the longest time she is excited about clothes shopping. Can you tell she's gotten through that "chubby" before puberty stage? kt's called me from the mall to tell me that she's dropped down 4 sizes in her jeans.

Now she's planning on working with her Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker (starting 8/11) on learning how to study at the library.

I have 4 therapists coming in today to work with me ~ I will be back on the golf course. Just cannot tell you when. :)

"Hi" if you snuck in.

Have a good Tuesday ~ hope you accomplish all you set out to do & you find one reason to smile.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Fran & Linda- I hope your respective sons won't prevent you from sleeping tonight.

We're off for the second day of GS camp. Duckie loves it! I think I did the right thing by putting her in a different group than me. She's just another kid!

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Fran-I'm sorry for your restless night. I can understand how the worry creeps in as difficult child comes home. I hope you have some fun-filled days with easy child's short visit. How very cool that they did so well on their solo trip:)

Linda-I'm sorry you also had such a restless night. Our difficult children sure do cost us a lot of sleep. I'm glad to hear kt is doing so well and had fun with the clothes shopping. I have no doubt you will get back to the golf course at some point:)

Another day of camp for difficult child. We'll head to the club again after dropping him off. I may head to the pool this afternoon as it is to be hot and muggy but there is a chance of severe storms and rain so the weather may not completely cooperate. Napping will be a good alternative and I have some cleaning that really should be done as well.

Also, I still have to find a dress for the wedding this weekend, nothing like putting it off til the last minute!

Wishing everyone a day of calm!:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

:coffee: Good Morning Ladies!!!

Fran, try and forget about difficult child's issues/future for the next couple days and concentrate on having fun with easy child. With his desire for work, you never know when he will take another bank of days off!

Linda, sorry about the latest with wm. Funny that kt loves shopping now - difficult child has actually asked easy child to take him shopping for school clothes for his birthday (I told him that he was going to get some clothes for his 13th birthday in August). You know a 17 year old sister is much cooler than a 48 year old mom!!!! Linda is golfing, Linda is golfing, Linda is golfing......thinking good thoughts!

Sharon, hope you can get some nice pool time in this afternoon. Why don't you take easy child with you shopping tonight - she could help you pick something out and then you two could grab a light dinner. She would probably enjoy it.

TM, good choice having Duckie in another group. I believe it's necessary and good for our kids to be seperated from us. It begins the maturity process. Additionally, I used to sub and I always preferred the classes my kids were not in. Sometimes they got the entitlement thing going!

I'll be at the office this morning then I'll be meeting easy child at a little boutique shopping section of the city. She has to get a gift for the big one year celebration with her boyfriend!! We are going to grab a quick bite and then I have a hair appointment at 2. She has the same stylist and she is leaving for the midwest in two weeks! I've had her for years and will miss her greatly. She got married in June and is going with her husband while he gets his docturate. I bought her a sexy little nightie as a going away gift!! easy child wants to go with me so she can spend some time with her as well. We love to gab!! She will have to leave early as she has to be at work at 4. She loved her first day yesterday!

Stay cool and have a great tuesday all :peaceful:

Sharon