Good Morning Monday How R U today? How's your weather?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Rabbit-I'm glad it is Spring like weather in your neck of the woods!!! Enjoy your day!

Here it is 26 degrees but we will warm up to a beautiful 57 degrees and it will be sunny!! I hesitate to say it feels like Spring because I don't want to jinx the nice weather.

Back to work today and then after work husband and I are planning on heading to the health club before visiting difficult child.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

I'm glad you're enjoying spring weather, Rabbit. And you too, Sharon.

We've also had a lovely day here, weather-wise. After the strong wind and cool change last night, today was still lovely, not quite so hot. Very sunny, a clear day. The washing all dried in the sun.

I had my cleaner here in the morning, then after making lunch for difficult child 3 & myself, I went down the road to my physio appointment. She's good, she is 'ironing out' the rightness in my muscles. I'm hoping to sleep more comfortably tonight.

This evening I made short soup for us for dinner. I cooked it at mother in law's, it's the first time I've made it but I thought it would be good for all of us - a full-flavoured broth with lots of good, tasty stuff in it. Easy to eat, easy to digest. mother in law has been having trouble swallowing, especially anything stodgy. Sandwiches for example are a big problem for her and once she starts to choke on her food, it all comes back up. She is losing weight and we've been worried about her. The trouble is, if we don't cook for her, she tries to make do with something simple, like a sandwich... and then has trouble again.

She's on her own for dinner tomorrow night but there is still plenty of soup (complete with pork wontons) for her for dinner tomorrow night. Even if all she has is the broth, it's got plenty of nourishment in it.

My eldest sister rang tonight while we were at mother in law's - good news on our sister, she's improved a lot. Still no confirmed pathology results, though. I'll post in Watercooler.

I see the oncologist tomorrow and hopefully find out when my radiation therapy starts. It will be good to be able to put a timetable to things.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

crazymama30

Rabbit--Glad you have nice weather. That always helps a person feel better, in my humble opinion.

Sharon--here's hoping your weather stays nice.

Marg--you sound like you are doing well, I am glad. If you mother in law is losing weight and having problems cooking, you may want to consider a supplement, here they are called boost and ensure. They are high calorie high protein drinks. Milkshakes are also good, especially if you add protein to them. Many times the elderly do not get enough protein and depending on her health condition many times they need more calories. My grandfather has Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), and uses upwards of 3000 calories a day just breathing. With the milkshakes, just make sure they are the right consistency. The ensure/boost type of drinks are premade, can be kinda spendy but are very easy and useful.

There is a skiff of snow on the ground here. Just a regular work day with a few calls to docs thrown in. I need to call husband's psychiatrist, and that will be an interesting conversation.

TerryJ2

Thanks Rabbit. Don't know if we've met yet. :)

Sharon, I hope your nice weather continues.

Marg, I assume a physio is like a sports massage therapist? Sounds good.

Crazymama, you've still got snow? Well, it won't last long. A few calls to docs thrown in ... par for the course. Sigh.

This morning it was beautiful and 60 degrees. Everything blooming. Then it clouded up. Rained buckets. Cloudy. Then sun. Cloudy again. Don't like the weather? Come visit VA--it changes every 5 min.