Good Morning Monday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

I didn't go out today; I had to stay put to keep difficult child 3's nose to the academic grindstone, plus he was late taking his medications (which he's running out of again). We have to wait for the next appointment with the pediatrician, to get the dose officially increased at the pharmacy. Meanwhile we're sailing VERY close to the wind and have to ration his pills. Very annoying.

I also had to stay in to wait for a phone call from the radio station, for the concert tickets I won on Saturday. I did try to get another ticket for husband but not a chance. So difficult child 3 & I are heading to the Opera House tomorrow lunchtime, for a 3 pm concert. The Opera House has not just the main Opera Theatre, it has the Concert Hall as well as a number of smaller theatres. We'll be in one of the smaller theatres around the side, there are two tucked in downstairs under the sails, on the side facing the Harbour Bridge. In years past I would be able to drive all the way in, I might still find out if I can do that tomorrow, using my disabled permit to get parking under the concourse. The alternative is to catch the train to Circular Quay and walk from there.

Tomorrow the weather will be hot and sunny. Today it was sunny at times, then an intense storm cell hit hard here at about 4 pm, we took 26 mm (just over an inch) in about 5 minutes. I waited until the rain eased before going to the local shops, to find a lot of local flooding and local events cancelled.

Tomorrow will be better - a sunny lunch at Circular Quay, right before a wonderful concert with one of Australia's most popular long-time performers (Rolf Harris) - I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

The news was big across our TV today - our Federal government is handing out big bucks to a lot of people, especially low income earners, pensioners and families, purely to inject money into the economy and encourage it to flow freely. The official instruction from the government - don't save it for a rainy day, it's pouring now so spend it now, preferably on Australian products. We're talking amounts of A$1000 or more each, here. A one-off bonus, right before Christmas. Paying the bills is a first priority and frankly, is still doing what the government wants because it's still injecting money into the economy. Spending generates future demand which generates employment which wards off recession. That's the theory.

So the message is - be patriotic, spend money! The opposite of what I heard Dr Phil say today on his show on Aussie TV (which is rarely the same show you guys see the same day).

We got a letter today from difficult child 3's correspondence school, asking us to confirm if we'll be at his end of year presentation day on Friday - he is winning an academic award! I suspect it's in Electronics. Once I told mother in law she moved heaven and earth to change a dental appointment so she could be with us too. Now I have to find how to get there, it's not being held at the school this year because they're not really set up for it, it's mostly all done by mail, the annual presentation day is the biggest crowd they ever get.

It does make it easier for difficult child 3 to keep working, when he feels recognised for his hard work.

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

Last edited:

goldenguru

Morning Marg.

Wish our government was handing out $$$ before Christmas. The only money they are handing out in the United States is to irresponsible businesses. Geesh.

Final exams for me this week. Yuck.

Winter storm warnings. Could get blasted tonight.

On a happier note - the grands are coming over tonight for a sleepover. :) Life is good.

Happy Monday to you all.

LittleDudesMom

:forchristmas: Good No Meltdown Monday Morning!!!!

Marg, congrats to difficult child 3 for his award! You are right, it is easier to keep them on task when they are recognized for their hard work. Enjoy the concert tomorrow - can't wait to hear how it went!

Golden, good to "see" you on the gm post this morning! What a great end to a Monday - the grands for a sleepover. Sounds like some snuggling and hot chocolate will be in order!

Monday, Monday, another so soon after the last! Monday for me means the gym, the grocer, then the house! Things stayed pretty orgranized this weekend and I did start two of four loads of laundry yesterday early evening. I would like to see if I can get some Christmas card envelopes addressed today :gingerbread:.

I hope your Monday is a melt-down free one and everything on your list gets checked off :santa:

Sharon

P.S. to Fran - I had to chuckle about husband dressed in his Santa suit atop the firetruck - he certainly is a jolly old elf!!!

Last edited:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Marg, I missed your post on winning tickets to the Opera House. How cool! Congrats to difficult child for the award.

GG, good to see you again. So glad to hear your studies are going well. Enjoy your night with the grands.

Sharon (ldm), Monday's do have the habit of sneaking up pretty quickly on us. I haven't even begun to think about Christmas. I know that I must order things off the internet (through this board on Amazon) pretty soon. Enjoy your usual domestic Monday.

It's a bitterly cold morning with lots of wind. The only reason to venture out is to make it to the pharmacy to pick up kt's medication refills. The grocery store is right next store so I'll pick up produce, chicken & fish. Since husband is out of the house we're living off salad & fish mostly. It's too expensive to order off my grocery delivery service.

kt, PCA & I are cleaning up the living room & moving a couple of items to put up the Christmas tree today or tomorrow. We probably won't get to decorating it until Wednesday. kt earned money from various chores & wants me to download music for her cell phone. It's a parent/child endeavor. I refuse to download some of the stuff she wants ~ if she argues I sneak in some music from the 70's. She hates that :smug:.

Have a wonderful Monday.

Rabbit

Good Morning All! Hope everyone has a great day!
A quick hi on this morning is all I have time for. Sending hugs and prayers. Rabbit

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marg-Congrats to difficult child on his award-how very cool!:D I hope the concert tomorrow is a lot of fun. It's so funny to hear about all the warm weather you are having around Christmas (which I know is normal for you).:forchristmas:

GG-I hope the final exams go well! We also have the winter snow warnings.:blizzard: Have fun with the grands tonight!

Sharon-Glad you have a jumpstart on Monday with the laundry!:) Enjoy your day!:elf:

Linda-I love that you sneak in 70s music when she argues about downloading music! Sounds like something my husband would do-only my easy child probably wouldn't mind it. We're also really cold this morning!:2cold:

Rabbit-Have a good day!:)

It's good to be back on the morning thread-I'm feeling much better-just a few leftover things. Unfortunately we are down to just our old slow lap top for now and it takes about 20 minutes just to get on line in the morning!

It was the tale of two weekends here-Saturday I went to Chicago on a bus trip with my boyfriend-we had a great time and when I got home husband had done all the grocery shopping for the week. Yesterday we started decorating for Christmas. When difficult child came home from respite he was wired and out of control at times-last night he ended up with stop the world-sigh-it was a nice weekend until then.

Back to work today-easy child has a much needed psychiatrist appointment. after work. Then I'm hoping to get to the health club-we'll see-we could get up to as much as 10 inches of snow-of course-we could get as little as 4 to 6 too.

Wishing everyone a happy day-hi if you snuck in!:xmasdancers:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon (wiped out), I just caught the weather report & it's predicted that we're to get 6-10 inches of snow this afternoon & over night.

Stay safe.

trinityroyal

Good morning all,

Sorry I don't have time to greet each one of you individually. I'm dashing around getting ready for my first day at work.

It is funny how quickly you get out of the habit. Although I tend to be an early riser, over the last several weeks I've gotten out of the habit of being up and dressed in reasonable clothes by now.

Need to run downstairs to iron my suit, briefcase and packed lunch are marshalled by the door. husband has an appointment in town this morning, so he's dropping me at the subway station...and I'm off!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Trinity

lillians

lillians
good morning all, weekend was not so bad ,, a few challenges,but all survived with no scars,,this am daughter refused to go to school, so is in her room an all day what to do,, i think i shall put up the ironing board for her and i shall bake cookies for her to smell and smile

Im a Believer

Good Morning to all of you ~

I found this site this weekend and you are all so welcoming and encouraging ~

I pray you each have a WONDERFUL day today ~

Judy

Andy

Good Morning!
:D:D:D
Marg - Congratulations on the opera tickets. Has difficult child 3 been there before? I would hope everyone getting the extra funds would put paying off bills a priority. Staying out of debt would do the best for economy in that if people wouldn't overspend, the costs of many products would come down to meet the ability to spend wisely. For now, people don't mind going into debt so might just as well jack up the price and make a huge profit.

Golden - Good luck on the exams this week and have fun tonight.

Little Dude's Mom - Have a great day. I hope you get the cards done. Maybe I should start mine tonight since it sounds like we may be snowed in?

Timer - Stay warm and be extra safe when you venture out today.

Rabbit - Have a great day - stay warm and if you are in the snow belt, stay safe on the roads.

Wiped Out - I am glad you are feeling better. I am so sorry difficult child had another Stop the World.

Trinity - Have a great first day of work!

Lillians - Good luck with your daughter today. Hope you get her begging to return to school.

Believer - Welcome! Have a super great day today!

We will get some snow. Looks like we are north enough that we may be on the edge. I only have to work two hours this morning and it sounds like they don't need my help for school lunch/recess so I will spend the afternoon looking for boots for myself and purchasing groceries in case we can't get out tonight. difficult child needs boots also but he can wear my old ones (still in good condition - I don't really need new ones but want to use those as back up for both of us) and I want him with when I purchase his.

I did get to bed early last night (9:30) but then at 11:30 was awaken by what sounded like a siren. I couldn't figure it out. I then found out that easy child and her friend were vacumming the back room downstairs (under my bedroom). I went downstairs and asked her to wait until daylight hours to do the vacumming.

I better get going. Have 15 minutes to get difficult child breakfast, pack his lunch, and get dressed before heading out the door.

Everyone have a great day. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Good Morning!!! :)
I am running kids hanging on me! But I never get a chance to say *HI* in the a.m.

The west coastish thing ruins it for me... most of you are off and running even by now!
Anyway I hope for a great start to the week for everyone. psychiatrist for K today... psychiatrist calling for N as well...sigh

JLady

A ship lost in the night
Good morning all. We had a good Monday morning in our house too. My 21 yr old daughter is gone to visit her dad for a couple of weeks so it makes it less hectic. Everyone got use to her being gone for 3 years.

Did I hear someone say finals? I have finals this week too. Yuk!

Have a great day.

JLady