Good Morning Monday!

Marguerite

I just saw the early weather report - we had the hottest day in Sydney today, for the last few years. Tomorrow is also forecast to be just as hot. I'm sitting here in my new swimsuit, already bone dry from the heat, salt crusting on my skin and sand between the toes. It's an Aussie summer.

I didn't have a proper swim, though - the sea was more its usual rough self and I'm not strong enough to fight it for long. Instead, I just went in long enough to get wet, then sat on the sand in the breeze. The beach was pleasant despite the hot day, often in really hot weather even the beach is awful, all you can do it find a shady spot and a cool glass, then sag sweating somwehere and wait it out. But this is lovely - the temperatures are only in the low 30s (C), which is equivalent to the high 80s (F).

difficult child 3 wants something, which means I'm back to using bribery to get him to do schoolwork. So he's already made a start on the new year's work for school (we planned ahead, got supplies in to get a head start). He got a full day's schoolwork done in a couple of hours today so he thoroughly earned a trip to the beach. And a Wii points card (which he earns with 5 credit points, he had some points accrued from the end of the last school year).

When difficult child 3 & I went to the beach this afternoon I also gave my best friend a lift tere too. We had a lovely long talk lying together on the beach. As we left to drive hhom, there was a local gang of skateboarders "skitching", difficult child 3 called it - hitching a ride holding on to the back of my van while riding their skateboard. I slowly put the brakes on before hitting them a bit harder, until the kid skidded off his skateboard. I'm a meanie! Then I came home and rang the cops. I'm a snitch as well.

sister in law asked me to go collect her girls from the ferry, after their day playing tourist in the city. As we waited at the wharf I saw two of the skateboarding gang heading for the wharf to catch the boat - so they're not village kids, thety're mainland kids. Useful to know.

difficult child 3 said he wanted to have words with them, for the 'crime' of hassling his mother. I told him to not deprive me of the pleasure, I'm very good at bruising adolescent egos.

I just saw the latest forecast - tomorrow is likely to reach 39 C, one TV station said 41 C. So it could be as hot as 105 F. It will certainly get that in Sydney's western suburbs. So if we go to the beach tomorrow, we need to do it early, then get back home and close the place up. I think difficult child 3 & I need to spend tomorrow with mother in law and her air-conditioning!

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Good morning, Marg!

As I sit here wrapped in my blanket shivering, I am turning a lovely shade of aqua (that's green mixing with my already blue) reading your beach report.

We had a mostly wonderful weekend at my mom's for Christmas. difficult child was his usual self, but it was, mostly, a much needed relaxing break for me.

I can't sleep, so I'm catching up here from my weekend away, and plotting my day tomorrow of trying to hunt down a new school for difficult child and prepping for the IEP for public.

trinityroyal

Good morning Marg, Shari, and all to follow

Marg, like Shari I am envious of your beautiful weather. Sounds like you, your friend and difficult child 3 had a lovely day at the beach. As for the skitchers, I would have been sorely tempted to do the same thing.

Shari, glad to hear that you got a well deserved break during your weekend away. Hope you're able to sort out the school issue for difficult child.

I have just finished a long-overdue client report. I was supposed to have it out the door by December 10th, but life just kept getting in the way. It's done now, so I have space in my brain to start the next one, which is due on January 10th. Fortunately I was able to write chunks of the next one while I was writing this one, so I feel like I;m a bit ahead of the game.

Strange thing is, I don't even feel tired. I suspect that will change the moment my head hits the pillow, which I expect to do in about 5 minutes or so. If it doesn't hit me then, it will certainly hit me at 5:30 when my alarm goes off. Or perhaps at 3 o'clock this afternoon when the whopping 2 1/2 hours of sleep I will have had catches up with me.

Luckily, my desk is in the back corner. If I pass out and start snoozing, no one will be able to see me. If I snore, all bets are off, as the desks resonate like billy-o.

Well that's it. Time to pack it in.

G'night everyone. Or is that good morning? In any case, enjoy your Monday.

Trinity

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. Guess we are a bunch of night owls tonight. (except for Marguerite)

Marguerite, I love sitting on the beach with a bit of shade and a warm breeze. Glad you got the skateboarders off your bumper. It's pretty scary.
Having your sister and nieces visiting has to be a lot of fun. Stay cool. Visit mother in law. LOL.

Shari, brrrrrr. It's good that going to mom's is a nice break for you. You could use a bit of a break considering the pressure cooker the whole school thing has become. Good luck with finding something appropriate.

Trinity, sounds like you have been working hard. How does husband like his new job? Hope you get a lot of rest.

Can't figure out why I'm awake. Last week I couldn't get enough sleep. Maybe mom being here wore me out. :bloodshot:
I figure I'll start the list of chores and finish folding laundry. That should bore me enough to go back to sleep. I hope I don't end up sleeping in.

difficult child helped out a great deal with putting up Christmas decorations. He isn't always pleasant :badmood:but he eventually changes his mood. It's difficult to work with him as we seem to be speaking two different languages. He is only interested in a specific group of subjects. Not much response from me and lack of concentration on the task at hand makes difficult child bored quickly with sticking around. Sigh.

Guess I should head back to bed. We have a bit of a drive today. HoneySue is getting day 4 of her radiation as a palliative treatment. Tomorrow is the last. The limp is gone again and she is doing the trails daily. :thumbsup: Every day she is pain free is a gift.

Hope you all have a peaceful day if you are heading back to work and school.

LittleDudesMom

:flowers: Good No Meltdown Monday Morning!!

Wow, what a bunch of chatterboxes you all are this morning!!!!!

Marg, sounds like lovely weather! I though difficult child was on your holiday break and no school until February? I am guessing you are having him "stay fresh" during break? My difficult child did absolutely NOTHING during his two weeks off! Stay out of that hot sun tomorrow!

Shari, glad you had a good visit with your mom and a nice holiday. After all the prepping and excitement, it's hard to believe it's all over! Good luck with the meetings and the planning.

Trinity, goodness, you are not usually on the morning thread, let alone so early!!!!! Glad you got your report done though! Have a good Monday Trinity.

Fran, good to hear HoneySue is not limping and her last treatment is today. She is surely fighting the good fight and enjoying her life!!! Glad difficult child was helpful in the putting away - I totally understand the "limited interest" thing! I hope the day goes well today.

I've got my 6 am water fitness this morning. I'm not sure yet whether I will return to the gym after taking difficult child to school to use the weight equipment, or come home and start on "THE LIST". I've a few phone calls and lots of "stuff" to do around the house. I could use the extra hour. I see how I feel.

My fingers are crossed that difficult child can get up on his own this morning! I've placed his cell phone on his night table and his alarm is on "real loud". We'll see - I'll probably hop out of class this morning when the toning part starts at 6:50 to rush through a shower and head home. Don't want him late on his first day back - I'm sure he will be all smiles and good mood :surprise:.

Have a great Monday all - no meltdowns today, ok?

Sharon

Rabbit

Good Morning All!
5:30 am is way too early for me. difficult child 2 's bus
comes at 6:30. I am sure I have complained about it here before But not recently LOL. difficult child 3 has
therapy later and I am hoping to fit some cleaning in
ugh Hope everyone has a great day!
I do not have time to address each of u individually
this morning but I will keep u all in my thoughts and prayers today. Hugs Rabbit

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, sitting on the beach - sounds wonderful right now. So glad you have time to visit with sis & niece. I love those times together with family.

Shari, glad you got a break over the weekend. It's well deserved.

Trinity, sounds like your ahead of the game with all your reports. Hope you can take a nap sometime today.

Fran, it's wonderful that HoneySue appears to be making good progress with her treatments. Makes me smile knowing that she's fighting the good fight & apparently winning.

Sharon, just the thought of going out to a water class with our sub zero temps makes me cringe. You're a far better woman than me. Enjoy.

Back to school today :bravo: Anyone want to place bets on whether kt goes to school? I'm waiting on a call from mental health CM & news on her transfer back to day treatment. Given the circumstances we all feel this is the best move for kt right now. She just needs the extra supports.

I have my grocery order due to be delivered today, along with a special delivery letter from my father in law. PCA is back from vacation & coming in to help me clean up around the house ~ just some heavy work that I can't do. I pay her on the side for this type of help.

I spent the past 2 hours setting up a site on the CaringBridge site. I've been struggling keeping all up to date on husband's condition. If you're interested feel free to pm me for the address.

Have a good Monday - hope all your difficult children are cooperative when the alarm rings to wake them for school.:surprise:

wakeupcall

Marg, any time I read about a child being pulled behind a car on a skateboard, it makes me cringe. A few years ago (geeeee, it's been about ten now) I had a friend who's 13 year old was doing that. He fell off the skateboard (of course, no helmet), he suffered brain damage, and died five days later. The mother has never been the same...almost catatonic. At the time I was still grieving for my son, but with the grace of God I've accepted it and moved on. She never has. I hurt for her. What can these kids be thinking?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All!

Wish I had time to address everyone individually. I had very few hours of sleep last night. I didn't have that problem at all during break and now have to start my first day back feeling like this :bloodshot: I made the mistake of picking up the new Wally Lamb book I was reading and couldn't stop thinking about it when I tried to sleep-it's very interesting and I'm not that far into it-only the first two hundred pages and it's over 700 pages. Then because I couldn't sleep, I did a few Sodukos.

After work today I have my last physical therapy appointment. for my back. I have to go in and admit I haven't been doing the specific exercises-at least my back is feeling really good.

Then I'm coming home to my homemade chicken soup and will hopefully have time to make some dumplings!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

tiredmommy

I'm running late but I had just had to share my joy....

SCHOOL

starts back today... She'll be on the bus in an hour. :biggrin:

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL
:D:D:D
Marg - So that is where our warm weather went to. I am so sorry it is so hot there. I have -6 degree F this morning with wind chills of -20 degree F. If only there was a way we could share to help both us out. That skitching is so dangerous. I hope the authorities have the opportunity to talk to these kids.

Trinity - I hope you were able to find sleep and enough of it.

Fran - I hope you also were able to find sleep. Good luck to Honey Sue.

Little Dude's Mom - Anytime I need to find sleep, I think I will revisit your posts about the 6 am class. LOL It makes me tired just thinking of being anywhere that early - I can be up - just not out the door. Good luck to difficult child on his own morning up and at it.

Rabbit - I'm with you - way too early. I hope you are able to adjust to it again soon.

Timer - I do hope KT goes to school today. I hope you find the Caring Bridge helpful. You will also get a lot of support through the guest book.

Wake up - Have a great day today

Wiped out - I hope you also can find sleep and enough of it.

husband is off for the week. I found him a motel in the town he will be working at. I hope it is a good motel so that he can stay there every night. I think the next town with a motel is about 20 miles away and I hate thinking of him traveling in cold and snow if he doesn't have to.

I am going to get non-easy child diva an electric blanket. Her room is bitter cold - I don't get this house, our room stays cozy warm (sometimes too hot) and the rest of the house stays cold. She should be old enough to unplug it every time she gets up.

difficult child got to bed about 9:30 last night - not as bad as I thought it would be. He and non-easy child diva played Wii from 8:00 - 9:00.

Yesterday difficult child made cinnamon rolls instead of crescent rolls. I made frosting - It has been years since I have done that - I think it turned out good. difficult child did ALL the work of putting ingredients in the machine, rolling out the dough, buttering and sugar/cinnamon, rolling again and cutting. One of these days we will experience the delay timer so that there is fresh bread when we wake up.

Everyone have a great day today. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

artana

Good morning all,

I can barely keep my eyes open. My DS6 had a toothache in the middle of the night that ended up being a canker sore. I had to give him some advil and by that point it was 15 minutes until the alarm rang.:(

First day back at school. We'll see how it goes *crosses fingers*. The holidays were pretty good.:) We started implementation of a behavior plan that includes giving them allowances, but having them pay for priviledges and giving them money when they do extra duties. We'll see how it goes, but the behavior therapist really recommends it. This is also difficult child's first week on an IEP.

Glad to hear everyone's morning is ok. Keep it up!:)

4timmy

Good Morning from chilly Ohio!!

difficult child seemed to have a good attitude about going back to school today. He wanted to dress up so he wore some of the clothes he got for Christmas and he actually wore his glasses!!!! (We will see how long that lasts).

I usually get the first phone call from the school around 11, or a nice "note".

Here's wishing you ALL the strength to get through the rest of the school year!!!!