Good Morning Monday

Marguerite

G'day folks.

Well, our day got blown out of the water. husband & I were just discussing our plans for the day when the phone rang. mother in law - she had a fall this morning and couldn't get up. She had managed after two hours to get herself to the phone. Not sounding good. So we headed down there fast. I let husband go ahead while I got difficult child 3 up and moving and looking after himself.

Upshot of it - we called the ambulance and they took her back to the hospital she's been back and forth to since Christmas (I told them they need to instal a revolving door for us). Because we know the routine now, we didn't rush, following in the car. Meanwhile I was on the phone cancelling appointments (hers and mine) and letting the kids know. husband rang his sister (3 hours behind our timezone).

The hospital was busy, it took a few hours to find out - no broken bones! But the doctor wanted her admitted for observation, and assessment by the geriatrician and physiotherapist. We headed off for a while, had lunch, did some shopping (hey, as long as we're out...) then collected easy child 2/difficult child 2 on our way back. Meanwhile I'd texted the kids again. easy child, who lived with mother in law for a couple of years, must have had "Operation: Grandma" already planned. She rang us within a couple of minutes of us giving her the diagnosis and told us what she was about to do, professionally (as an Occupational Therapist (OT)). By the time we got back to mother in law (now installed in a hospital room) easy child had rung and told mother in law of the services she had organised for her. Very efficient, that girl!

We're all going out as a family on Saturday, mother in law has been looking forward to it. But this morning it was looking like we'd have to find someone else for her theatre ticket. But with easy child's help, it looks like we'll be able to bring mother in law after all.

Tomorrow difficult child 3 has to see his therapist (in the city) and we'll drop in on mother in law on the way back. difficult child 3 has a bit of shopping to do also. Hopefully mother in law will be ready to come home, but I'm not sure how she will manage on her own, and she can't stay in our house, even if it were meticulously tidy. And it isn't. So one or both of us is probably going to need to stay at her place for a few days at least.

She is likely to be badly bruised because she's on blood thinners. She was already colouring up spectacularly while we were there today.

Truly John Lennon was right - "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"!

As for what we'll be doing tomorrow - other than the therapist appointment, we're not nailing anything down.

But good news - easy child 2/difficult child 2 has a job interview, plus another offer of casual work! Fingers crossed!

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Morning Marg & all who follow,

Marg, so sorry to hear of mother in law's fall. She seems so frail right now - sending prayers for her health.

We survived the weekend with kt home; still have the holiday to get through with her before she heads back to school.

kt is just falling asleep so I'm sure it will be an exciting day.

Have a good one folks. Hope you have a calm cooperative day.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Marg- Continued prayers going out for mother in law, I hope she settles back at home easily.

Linda- Fingers crossed that today will be a calm day.

I'm heading out to my mother's apartment soon to do some cleaning. I'm annoyed that everyone got up when I got up so I couldn't have a quiet morning. I can never have a quiet morning. :hammer:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-I'm so sorry to hear about your mother in law's fall. Prayers for quick healing. easy child sounds like a gem!

Linda-Hoping today will be a good one for you and kt!

TM-Sorry you didn't get the quiet morning you were hoping for-I know the feeling.

difficult child has me up way too early this morning. He was not about to give us any rest until one of us got up with him so here I am. He is settling a bit now that he has taken his medications.

Our plans for the day include the health club, napping, cleaning, and easy child has a therapist appointment.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Marg, glad your mother in law didn't break any bones - here's to a speedy restful healing.

Linda, hope today is calm.

TM, I also love being the only one up when everyone else is sleeping...that almost never happens anymore!

Sharon, enjoy your workout - hope everyone behaves so you can do what you need and want to accomplish!

I am working today, but I have an appointment with the funeral director this morning to go over my Mother's cremation, etc. We have to prepay so the state doesn't get it's greedy hands on the wee bit of money she has left to cover those costs. My co-worker is out with a hurt back and we're still in the process of moving our office. We received some slushy snow last night so the weather isn't so hot. I am hoping that I can let the stress roll off and just kind of enjoy my new office.

Blessings and peace to all!