Good Morning Monday

Marguerite

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."

I didn't mention in yesterday's thread tat while we were at church yesterday, I had a 'turn' of sorts. The recent email about women and heart attacks was on my mind because this fitted tat description perfectly. However, I didn't think it was a heart attack - my pulse felt OK and I've had something like this before, a few years ago. But this was bad.

I had a rough night, the pain was continuing, the same way a cramped leg still feels bruised for days afterwards. I had two hours' sleep, lying there thinking, "Should I wake husband and head for the hospital? But I don't want to make a fuss over what could be simply a spasm of the oesophagus."

I mentioned it to the radiotherapy staff this morning, and they called in a doctor. My blood pressure was taken (a little above my usual, but still normal) and the doctor chided me for not calling the ambulance, the paramedics would have done an ECG while I was still having the severe pain. So I have to see my GP tomorrow and ask for a particular kind of test to rule out heart problems. However, the doctor I saw at the hospital today said that it sounds to her like a spasm of the oesophagus and that this can happen from the radiation treatment, especially if I've had it before. But we have to make sure.

My GP had ordered blood tests which I had done on the way home. I then made an appointment with my GP for tomorrow afternoon.

Tomorrow - we head in to the school again after radiation treatment. difficult child 3 has a study day for English, there will be other kids there too. We will almost certainly get in there early, I will grab the chance to go sleep i t he car again. Then afterwards - we see the doctor on the way back, then difficult child 3's drama class, then husband & I have our quiet Tuesday night dinner again.

We got home today only half an hour later than I had expected. I got ready for my cleaning lady - only she never turned up! I tried to call the agency, got a message. I think there has been a misunderstanding over my treatment schedule, I'll sort it out tomorrow over the phone (I can sneak a call through the school switchboard).

So husband hung out the washing for me, I got a casserole started (late) and we're just about to leave to take dinner down to mother in law. It's Monday night here and I want to get to bed early tonight, to try and get some sleep. I desperately need it!

Enjoy your Monday, may it be less eventful than mine!

Marg

Rabbit

Good Morning All. Hope everyone has a calm good day!
I am glad the school year is winding down and I am looking forward to summer vacation.

Marguerite - I will keep u in our thoughts and prayers.

Sending Hugs to all Rabbit:D

LittleDudesMom

Good No Meltdown Monday Morning All!! :D

Marg, I would definitely say you and husband are due for a quiet Tuesday night dinner - you are on the go an awful lot - watch those signs your body is giving.

Rabbit, I'm also thrilled that school is winding down. This is difficult child's last full week.

I am fully rested after a wonderful Sunday. I had all these things on my list I was going to do, but ended up doing none of them! difficult child and I watched an early movie, I spent about 45 min out back putzing around, and late yesterday easy child came over and gave me a foot massage and a pedicure :surprise: - it was heavenly.

Naturally, today is back to grind with a totally full day - won't bore you with the list - but I'll be at it pretty intensely :anxious:

Hope your Monday is a good one.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-Your days sound exhausting and if you should get that pain again please be sure to call an ambulance.

Rabbit-I'm with you about the end of the year winding down--we're in our last week.

Sharon-The pedicure and massage sounds wonderful!!!!! You have one wonderful easy child!

We arrived back from Michigan late last night. It was mostly a good weekend with some pretty intense difficult child moments from none other than difficult child.

Last week of school starts today!!!!!!!! It's been a great year with a great group of kids but it is time for summer.

After school we have a team meeting for difficult child and then we're headed home (or maybe the grocery store as we have nothing in the house for dinner). I'm hoping to get to the club but we'll see as these are some long days.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning friends. It's a beautiful day in NC. The storm last night knocked out the terrible heat and humidity. It's refreshing.
Marge, this thing about not making a fuss over symptoms is such a typical woman's attitude. This is not normal times nor typical symptoms. Your body is under huge strain and stress from radiation and fighting cancer. I wouldn't ignore anything. Call the paramedics. Your taxes pay for it. Use it when you need to keep you safe. I much rather say "oops! it was simple spasm" vs "I downplayed symptoms when my body was yelling for help". You are a trooper but your schedule and your bravado is not to your body's best interest. I don't mean to chastise you but sometimes women don't see their dismissal of symptoms as a negative. I hope it's nothing but you shouldn't ignore it.

Rabbitt, have a good summer day.

LDM, I took 4 hrs in the afternoon and did nothing. So we were on the same page. I looked through magazines, watched nonsense tv.(I find Hoarders mesmerizing) My husband hates it. Anyhow, I had some nice down time.

WO- glad you survived your trip to Michigan and are starting down the last week of school.

We have a meeting with VR today. Not that we are getting much in the way of services or help with budget cuts but they want the team to meet. It's an exercise in
futility. Frustration on my part is almost to the brim.

Have a lovely summer day.

Marg's Man

Marge, this thing about not making a fuss over symptoms is such a typical woman's attitude. This is not normal times nor typical symptoms. Your body is under huge strain and stress from radiation and fighting cancer. I wouldn't ignore anything. Call the paramedics. Your taxes pay for it. Use it when you need to keep you safe. I much rather say "oops! it was simple spasm" vs "I downplayed symptoms when my body was yelling for help". You are a trooper but your schedule and your bravado is not to your body's best interest. I don't mean to chastise you but sometimes women don't see their dismissal of symptoms as a negative. I hope it's nothing but you shouldn't ignore it.

Thanks for saying this Fran. I'll make sure she sees it.

I know she is always in pain and, just like the noise of the railway outside the window (á la Blues Brothers) I tend to not be able to tell if this time it is just a spike or if it is something new that has to be dealt with.

She is so strong that, even after 35+ years, I cannot always gauge just how bad she is feeling. I know that you all value her - think how much more I do.

Marg's Man

Fran

Former desparate mom
I do love Marguerite and value her opinions and insights. Marg's man I know you are a caring man and she is in good hands with you keeping a watchful eye.