Good Morning Monday!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by hearts and roses, Jul 12, 2010.

  1. hearts and roses

    hearts and roses Mind Reader

    Good morning all!

    I returned from my time away with my girlfriends yesterday evening and I took today off work so I can do some cleaning up around the house/yard and be ready for the week. Some laundry and in particular, I need to tie up loose ends with my Mom's paperwork for the nursing home, ugh.

    In the afternoon, if I move fast, I will be able to hang by the pool and add to my color!

    Enjoy the day everyone!
  2. Wiped Out

    Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Good Morning Friends,

    Jo-I hope you had a great time with your girlfriends and that you finish everything on time today so you can get out by the pool!!

    I'm so glad it is Monday!! difficult child has been in full blown difficult child mode since early yesterday morning and I'm glad he will eventually be at camp today. First he has a therapist appointment and then we have to drop him off which today means a 50 minute drive each way:(.

    husband and I are back from a good workout at boot camp and will relax a bit this afternoon.

    Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:
  3. tiredmommy

    tiredmommy Site Moderator

    Good morning. :coffee:

    H&R- That's a good plan... enjoy the pool. :swimming:

    I'll be taking Duckie to swimming lessons today and going for groceries. That's it. Duckie will be getting to bed early tonight because she's been fighting a good night's sleep since we returned from Delaware. She seriously needs some rest because she's getting hard to be around again.

    Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:
  4. Marguerite

    Marguerite Active Member

    G'day, people.

    Jo, I hope you manage to get your tasks done so you can relax.

    Sharon, enjoy your well-earned break.

    TM, I hope Duckie can get some rest.

    I've had a too-busy day, I hadn't counted on this.
    We had planned to go to the mainland for a brief trip, difficult child 3 had some items to return to the store and today was his last chance. I also had some phone calls to make, especially concerning my eye.

    So I began - I rang my optometrist (I have an appointment I organised a week ago, for next Friday, before all this happened). The optometrist gave me the number of an ophthalmic surgeon who specialises in the retina. I rang the number - and they had a cancellation. I had to make sure I had someone to drive me, though. I rang sis-in-law (currently staying with mother in law, she had said to call her if I needed anything, absolutely anything). Sis-in-law wasn't available - she has friends coming tomorrow for lunch and was going to be busy. Not impressed. I rang my best friend - she had just arrived home (walked in to answer the phone) and had to prepare for the evening class she gives at college. But she said she would bring her notes and do it while we waited, as long as I drove us there. She would drive me back, but as she'd just driven one roundtrip and had another to make in the evening - I would have understood if she refused. But she didn't. I mean, I also understand with sis-in-law, but it comes under the heading of "things that make you go 'hmmm'."

    Outcome of the appointment - I don't have a detached retina AT THE MOMENT. But it is bleeding a little under the retina, ad risks detaching. However, I've been told what to look for and given the doctor's mobile number; he said to call him any time, immediately there is a change. He also was unimpressed with the treatment I got in the ER on the weekend. The treatment once I got it, was OK, but the delays and lack of follow-through, he was cross about. When I first noticed the symptoms, that was when I should have been put on a high priority, not left sitting unobserved for hours. So I have to draft a more formal complaint. Time to put on steel-capped boots and get kicking...

    My friend drove us back to her house (two minutes from my home) and difficult child 3, who had travelled home by train and boat, arrived fifteen minutes later. difficult child 3 drove us home with me as his co-driver. By the time we got home, sis-in-law was there to drive me down to the physiotherapy appointment I'd booked last week for her daughter and myself. By the time we got back from the physio, I was met by difficult child 3 asking me to cook him lunch as I'd promised. I remembered - I had promised, but now it was 4 pm! So I quickly made a two-egg fresh pasta and difficult child 3 helped me. difficult child 3 got the lion's share (teen appetite). I had more phone calls to make, all related to the day's activities. Then I had a call come in from one of my sisters, just as I was about to head off to mother in law's to help with dinner.

    husband & difficult child 3 arrived later on, but difficult child 3 was very irritable, feeling thwarted at every turn by life. I must admit, I was feeling stressed by then - mother in law is not coping too well a the moment, a house full of people seems to be aggravating her hearing problems and trying to communicate is mentally exhausting for me, so I hate to think how it is for her.

    Tomorrow sis-in-law is entertaining her old school friends for lunch, she has invited me and difficult child 3 as well but we have an appointment (right next door to where I was today!) for difficult child 3 to see a hand therapist. Although I've promised we will hurry back, I frankly won't be too upset if the appointment runs over time. I will be happy to see sis-in-law's old friends (I know them too) but will be happier to skip lunch with them - difficult child 3 has to complete his assessment task and all this family activity is greatly getting in the way. Today would have been one of his last days to get any real work done - and with my being unable to drive him, it killed the entire day.

    Frustrating. But at least I know I did the right thing getting my eye seen to on the weekend.