Good Morning Monday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

It's definitely spring weather here at the moment. Tomorrow is forecast to be even warmer. I'm looking forward to it.

Today began fairly quietly. Keeping difficult child 3 focussed on his work was tricky - he's having to write up a research project and I'm not allowed to help him with this, but he needs it laid out better for him because his autism makes it difficult with such lack of structure. I really wish it were possible to modify this sort of task, he has wasted a lot of time on this with minimal learning outcome. I'm going to talk to the SpEd tomorrow about it.

We got a phone call this afternoon - a friend asking for husband, could he please come help her get her new entertainment system working properly for her? Of course husband was at work, so I offered difficult child 3's services. We went round there after school hours and within half an hour, difficult child 3 had it all working well plus was giving our friend some lessons in how to work it all.

Tomorrow is a day at school. I'm seeing my GP on the way. difficult child 3 still has to finish his assignment, he's just begun his evening gaming and won't stop readily. I may have a fight on my hands later, but it is, inevitably, difficult child 3's responsibility to get his work done.

If he gets his work done, he can drive us tomorrow. That is the carrot. But he has to be rested, so no midnight oil sessions.

After the school visit (more one on one lessons) we head back to the mall briefly, then off to drama class and husband & I have our weekly dinner together. We'll need it, I think!

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Marg- I hope the research project goes smoothly for difficult child 3. Duckie has had to do a few scaled back papers (elementary level) and the hargest part was time management.

I woke up about an hour ago when one of our kitties was making a huge racket with a plastic wrapper she'd found and now can't get back to sleep. It's going to be a long day of cleaning, errands and grocery shopping. And Duckie has play rehearsal tonight. No rest for the weary I guess! :ill:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Rabbit

Good Morning Friends! First day of school for difficult child 2. Its his senior yr in high school! they grow up so fast!
Driving and cleaning for me! Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!!!:D Hugs Rabbit

Marg- Enjoy your Spring weather TM- I agree there is No rest for the weary. Hope u enjoy your day!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Morning friends,

Marg, good luck to difficult child 3 on his research paper. I never could get my time mgmt down ~ I found I work best under pressure. :)

TM, rest for the weary ~ I thought the phrase was for the "wicked". We would never call you wicked ;).

Rabbit, good thoughts as difficult child 2 heads off to his final year of school. Enjoy the day with no kids in the house.

Our school district doesn't start until the day after Labor Day. Another week or so before kt heads back ~ she is getting pretty antsy though.

I've a desk top to find under all the paper work I've yet to sort ~ that is my big project today (too hot to be outside safely). First I'm heading out to pick up my anniversary ring from husband. I've lost so much weight that I had to downsize it 3 sizes. Feels pretty good.

Have a good day all ~ as always, I plan on it.:D

LittleDudesMom

Good Monday Morning - Last Week of Summer for us :angrygirl:

Marg, my difficult child, while, not dealing with autism, has his most challenging Learning Disability (LD) in writing. One thing I did for him was to print off a bunch of graphic organizers from an online site. We sat together and figured out which one seemed to make more sense for him. I always made sure he had a supply in his binder for in school writing assignments.

Rabbit, good morning! Hope difficult child has a good first day of school.

TM, sorry the kitties woke you! Every time I go to easy child's place, I am amazed at what her kitty (Penelope Pussycat) manages to make a toy!

Linda, great to see you on the morning thread. Our kids are on the same back to school schedule - can't believe this is my last week of summer - it's been great! Glad you got the ring resized so you can enjoy it.

So yes, this is our last week of summer. Usually we spend it running around doing all the fun stuff we said we would do all summer! But, my cousin needs my help this week. She has really, really bad varicose veins and is finally getting some work done on them. She is having two different types of procedures on both legs and they can only work on them 2-3 hours a day (or perhaps it more that they can only do so many procedures a day). So today, and every day this week, I'll be taking her to the doctor, bringing her home, and running some little errands and such for her. We worked the doctor schedule around my work schedule in that tomorrow and thursday the procedures don't start until the late afternoon so I can work first. Today she has to be at the doctor office at 9:15.

While she is there, I plan to make a BJ's run (need to up on the school lunch items) and take my calendar and phone numbers since I have to schedule some appointments. I'll make my car my office for a bit today!

Hope everyone has a productive Monday - always seems the busiest day of the week for us!

Sharon