Good Morning Monday

Rabbit

Greetings on no meltdown Monday . Hope u have a good day!
Therapy Appointment for difficult child 3 today. She is flunking out of college. Nothing I can do, it seems.
Ugh! Sending Hugs to all . Rabbit
:D

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Monday night, we're down at mother in law's watching TV after dinner. I brought my laptop to get some work done, and here I am posting instead! I am piggybacking onto some neighbour's unlocked internet account.

I had a productive day on the phone today, on behalf of easy child 2/difficult child 2. I complained to the hospital, rang our gynaecologist (who was not the one doing this procedure) and left a message asking him for advice. Then I rang her college to start complaint proceedings off there, too and to set in place some support for her for next year. This year should have been her final year but communication problems SNAFU'd things up.

I also had a lot of calls to the school, sorting out upcoming exams for difficult child 3 (next week!) and staff selection panels I'm on (two of them - this week and next week).

Tomorrow - I'm nagging the hospital again. Then if I don't get any satisfactory response, I'll up the ante.

Today was Breast Cancer Awareness day. The partner of our Prime Minister was performing his first official function (the usual First Lady stuff, only he's not a lady). The media have dubbed him "First Bloke". Personally, I think "First Mate" is a better label. It was a light point of the day.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

Marguerite

Sorry, I just double-posted. Sorry to hear about difficult child 3, Rabbit. Sometimes you have to let them fail, so they 'get it'.

Can a moderator please merge for us?

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:frankenstein::goo: Good No Meltdown Monday Morning!!

Marg, give 'em heck.....I know you will get to the bottom of the issue and make a difference for those having the tests in the future - if not improving the whoe system!

Rabbit, I agree with Marg, sometimes you have to just let go and let them succeed or fail on their own. The biggest reason kids do poorly in college is because they don't go to class. Is she attending regularly? Does she have a university IEP?

I'm moving really slow this morning and have downed three mugs of pumpkin coffee! Had a dinner party last night and there are quite a few empty wine bottles on the kitchen counter! I'm a two glass limit drinker, but we stayed up late talking....the alarm at 4:30 this morning sounded much too early! My friend is still sleeping while I do my regular Monday house putter - he and I will go downtown for lunch before he heads back home.

I'm thinking a little afternoon nap on the couch may be order after I pick up difficult child from school.

Hope your Monday is a good one and your difficult child's get the No Meltdown message!

:ghoul::witch:

Good Morning Everyone,

Rabbit, Sorry to hear your daughter is flunking out of college. I also agree with Marge and LDM - Natural consequences in my humble opinion are the very best teachers!

Marg, I agree with LDM - If anyone can make a difference in patient care, I KNOW you can do it!!! I know you'll get to the bottom of this totally inexcusable issue ASAP!!!

Sharon (LDM), Sounds like it was a really fun dinner party!!! I love pumpkin spice coffee - Try drinking lots of water too. Enjoy lunch and find time for that nap!!!

Today is a humid, cloudy day. I'm headed to the kitchen for one more cup of caffeine before getting serious about work.:bloodshot::coffee::beautifulthing: difficult child 2 meets with his life coach after school today. I have a bit of extra time to myself before having to pick him up at the library:D.

Hope everyone ends up having a good day!!! SFR

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning Monday! I will admit that I was going to call out sick from work today until I remembered that my trusty assistant is out on a personal day today! Dang~

Rabbit, oh, I know how difficult it is to not try and fix things, but honestly, in the long run, maybe flunking out will be a good thing. Hang in there - I'm sorry. I hope your day is at least sunny!

Marg, how will you up the ante? Go get 'em~

Sharon, I was a little 'under the weather' yesterday. I too have a 2 glass limit, but I went over by one glass and that was that! Hahaha. I'm glad you had such fun with your friends and I hope you can squeeze in a nap later~

My sister and I have an appointment to meet with the nursing home administrator who screwed us over to find out where we go from here in regards to completing & submitting the necessary paperwork to the state and if she can guarantee mom a bed. I almost don't want to place my mom there, considering how underhanded this woman was with us, but overall, it's a nice place. Anyway....my cross for the day! Hahaha. I am hopeful that it will all turn out as it should.

I notice we've had a lot of newbies lately - special hugs and prayers to all of you struggling.

Have a great day everyone~