Good morning Monday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

I've had a busy time of it for the last couple of weeks. I've got to get some sleep but so far it eludes me (it's just after midnight here, just tipped into Tuesday morning). However, we've made a lot of progress. difficult child 3 is no longer trying to finish his high schooling. At this point, we've given up on the dream of graduation. We will focus on college and the IT course he is doing there. Already he is a lot happier and so am I.
Now his caseworker (disability employment agency) rang me today, there is a possible traineeship for him. We're meeting the caseworker tomorrow to finalise the application. I had to find two referees today, and I got them. First his SpEd from school (although I might suggest the school IT boss that difficult child 3 worked with) and second, our Aspie mate from church who works in IT and who knows difficult child 3 very well.

So tomorrow, I have to make sure difficult child 3 has showered, washed his hair, shaved and dressed neatly. I have to print out the referee details and we hit the road mid morning.

Fingers crossed!

Have a good day.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Marg and all who follow!

Marg-Glad to hear both you and difficult child 3 are happier with the decision!Fingers crossed about the traineeship!

Relaxing day for the most part planned-after noon that is.

On my way out the door!

Wishing all a beautiful day!

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's already late afternoon here but good morning anyhow. It's nice to see you still have a morning thread.
Marguerite, I became much more relaxed after difficult child finished high school. He will be 28 yrs old in a few weeks. Hard to believe. I think I started here when he was 13. Lots of years, lots of issues. How have you been? How are all the married children?

Good morning to both Wiped out and Insane. Hope your day went well.
It's pretty humid down this way. My hair looks like I put my finger in an electrical outlet. It's wild. I hope I don't have to go anywhere. Yikes. I don't even have very curly hair.

I have a new foster dog named Benny. He is terribly underweight but cute as can be. I have had him almost 2 wks. He will leave us on Friday to go up to NY for evaluation. He is lovely but is very anxious and aggressive with my sweet husband. I'm thinking that a man was heavy handed and didn't feed him much so he ran. Smart dog. He was picked up as a stray and was scheduled to be euthanized.
The rescue folks won't adopt out a dog who can be impulsively aggressive. He is a big guy but I will miss him. My other two pups won't miss him a bit. : )

I feeling more optimistic lately and hopefully things will all work themselves out.