Good Morning! No Meltdown Monday!

LittleDudesMom

:angrydude::angrygirl: Make sure your difficult children get the memo - Mondays are No Meltdown Days!

Good Morning All.

Enjoyed a lovely and relaxing weekend - the weather was wonderful and spent great quality time with my kids yesterday. easy child came over earlier than usual for a Sunday and the three of us decided to run errands together. We got out of the car at Target, easy child turned around and looked at difficult child and me and said, "I can't believe difficult child is running errands with us!" easy child got on one side of me and difficult child on the other - they put their arms around my shoulders and we walked through the Target parking lot. I was thinking to myself how blessed I am......you never know when those moments will happen.

Wishing everyone a good Monday and difficult children that get our Monday memo!

*Sharon

SuZir

Happy to hear you had one of those brilliant moments yesterday! They certainly do make up a lot.

[whining]But why are Mondays not meltdown days?!? And if they are not, could you please not tell it to my family? I was just about to throw a huge self pitting meltdown when my husband comes home. And hope that can get me some pampering - or at least chocolate.

I mean stuffy nose, clogged ears and aching neck are not funny business *pout*

I'm seldom sick, but when I am, I'm about the worst patient in the world.[/whining]

However, I do hope you all have a nice day!

tiredmommy

Good morning, :coffee:

LDM~ I'm glad you had your Hallmark moment; I hope to get one in the next ten or so years.

SuZir~ I'm sorry you're feeling so unwell. I wish I could be nearby to drop in and make you a cup of tea and bring you show soup. by the way, we don't "meltdown", we simply demand what is rightfully ours. ;)

I hope that this is the start of a much better week for us, but it's difficult to be optimistic when I know Duckie has a head cold and the demands on her time are going way up. Plus it's cool and gloomy here today. Oh well, off to do laundry and monitor the contractors.

Have a good day! :warrior:

Rabbit

Good Morning All! Sharon-So glad for your moment. I hope our difficult children get the Monday memo -especially mine! SuZir~ I hope u feel better soon! Tm-I hope Duckie feels better soon also.
I hope everyone has a Great DAY! I will be Driving difficult child 2 and 3 all day . difficult child 3 has added a few extra places to the list. Hugs Rabbit

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon, Thank you for sharing that absolutely perfect moment with your kids in the Target parking lot. It made me smile... This is a very good thing anytime but especially this morning because I look sort of like this:bloodshot::coffee2:... Your beautiful parking lot moment serves as a reminder that even when it seems like we've reached rock bottom with our difficult children, there is always hope:smiles:...

SuZir, Sorry you're not feeling well! Hope you feel better ASAP! Hope you can take it easy today, get some much needed R&R... complete with plenty of fluids, lots of nap time, maybe catch up on a bit of reading, etc., etc., etc....

TM, Sounds like you could use a bit of down time too... Hope Duckie feels better soon and surprises you by acting like a (almost) easy child today. I've got a load in the washer and one in the dryer - Laundry is one of those endless chores... However, there is an end to the contractors! Keep reminding yourself of this and try to think about the beautiful home you'll have after they're finished, out of your life forever...! It will be worth it!! Hang in there...

Rabbit, I'll keep my fingers crossed your difficult children get the Monday memo! Hope your day turns out to be better then expected.

husband and I had a nice weekend but didn't get much done in the way of home improvements as originally hoped. There is always next weekend! Instead we went to my favorite place for fresh produce, a local farm store with great prices and the best fruits and veggies ever. There are also lots of delicious homemade jams, jellies, breads, salsas etc, plus lots of items I just can't find anywhere else. Also went to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner Saturday, and to the outlets Sunday.

Today is off to a rainy, miserable start. I stayed up way too late, fell asleep on the couch, woke up, dozed off again, etc., and finally, after my "favorite sanity saver," made sure I was awake, headed upstairs. I think I should have stayed on the couch - husband was snoring, tossing and turning and I had lots of trouble falling back asleep. Hoping a pot of caffeine and some exercise after the caffeine, will wake me up...

As always, hiope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

KTMom91

Good morning, ladies!

I have an appointment at the eye doctor this morning, and then am baking a bd cake for my bff. Might make some banana bread, too...depends on how motivated I am.

Hubby cleaned up the kitchen for me yesterday!

Hope everyone has a marvelous no melt down Monday!