Good morning on a Sunday

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's a sleepy Sunday morning. Everyone is still sleeping including the pups. It's lovely to listen to the birds while I have my coffee.

difficult child had a 3rd new friend over yesterday. Worked out well. We will see how that goes. He has a job interview next Friday for part time work. Fingers crossed.

Lots of little chores to do today in preparation for leaving town for mom's house and the weekend in Cleveland.

Hope you find some peace in your day.

Marguerite

G'day for Sunday.

Fran, enjoy your coffee. Your morning sounds peaceful. I'm glad difficult child had some good time with a new friend. I hope he gets that part-time job.

husband & I got to church this morning and stayed for lunch afterwards. It was wintry cold so we all huddled by the log fire while we had cream of cauliflower soup.

Afterwards we came home and I catnapped for a couple of hours (so very tired). Then I had arranged to drop in on a friend from church to organise some music for my choir's upcoming performance. By the time I got back home it was time to put dinner on. husband helped - he had actually been preparing to do it all himself.

Tomorrow I'm planning on taking mother in law shopping. Not sure if difficult child 1 is coming with us or not. mother in law has a swollen knee (bursitis) but also has run low on supplies so the trip is necessary. It's better for me to drive her out than for her to catch the shopping bus and stress that knee again.

difficult child 3 has an assessment task to do; he has an extension through the school holidays, but if he wants to come with us tomorrow I'm happy to let him. It's up to him, it's the only way he will learn to make himself do the work he has to do. We're at the beginning of two weeks' holiday and I'm going to enjoy it.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Fran- Fingers crossed for difficult child's interview next Friday. I'm glad your morning is so peaceful.

Marg- Lunch at church sounds like it was nice; our parish does that from time to time.

Well, Duckie and I will be taking it easy today because we both had low grade fevers last night. I'll do housework and she can hang out with husband.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Fran - Glad to hear things are going smoothly at your place. Good luck to difficult child in the job search.

Marg - Cream of Cauliflower soup sounds awesome! Good for mother in law to have you to take her shopping.

Tired - It is good you and Duckie can lay low today. I hope you are both feeling better soon.

I need to check the forcast to see if I can get a quick load of sheets out on the line before any rain comes. Looks a little cloudy out so maybe it will clear up by this afternoon so I can hang out then. Shouldn't take sheets long to dry.

difficult child dug out some debrie from our rain gutter yesterday. Little trees were starting to grow. The smell was disgusting. About 1/2 way through, he said, "Why did I think this would be fun?" If the smell wasn't so bad he may have enjoyed it? He then helped husband mow the lawn. Now why couldn't Diva have some of the work ethic that difficult child has?

Diva has to help me deep clean the living room to make room for lots and lots of people at next month's book party. She says she doesn't want it outside - too buggy! Even if we do plan outdoor, we will have to have the indoor available as back up for bad weather.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.

everywoman

Fran, hoping difficult child continues to grow and that the interview leads to something he will enjoy.

Marg, nothing like some hot soup on a cold day.

TM, I hope you and Duckie feel better today and it won't lead to anything serious.

Andy---I am too washing sheets this morning---JJ climbed into bed with me last and and those overnight pullups don't really work. husband and I both woke up soaked.

I have pcson, daughter in law, and both grands, A, and Jana here this weekend. It's a full house. We may all head out to the beach today, or I may tell them to go and stay home and love on little Miss Violet.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Fran-What a peaceful morning! I hope difficult child's interview goes well on Friday!

Marg-I love hearing about your different seasons. Cauliflower soup by a log fire-sounds nice:)

TM-Good idea to take it easy, hope you are both feeling better soon.

Andy-Good for difficult child having such a good work ethic! Sheets dried on the clothesline-love that smell. In our neighborhood we aren't allowed to have clotheslines-I miss that (except with all our mosquitoes, the sheets would probably be covered in them).

Everywoman-The beach sounds wonderful-that's what I would vote for! Sounds like a full house!

I've been to church and eaten breakfast and am now going to nap. In awhile husband and I will go to the health club. Also I need to plan meals for the week and get to the grocery store.

easy child came home yesterday and we had a really nice time, she even watch a movie with husband and me. difficult child is still at respite til 4.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

;) Good Morning on a nice lazy Sunday morning!

Fran, hard to believe that you were up earlier than the pups! Bet that doesn't happen much!

Marg, lunch sounds nice. I agree with difficult child learning to take responsibility on his own. At 15, it's kinda do or die time when it comes to learning independence and personal responsibility.

TM, housework does not seem like laying low to me! Hope you and duckie feel better.

Sharon, glad easy child has been, well, a easy child! I will be doing the meal planning today as well!

Andy, just heard a story from Vermont about the clothes line movement. Seems folks are using them again for a miriad of reasons (fuel conservation, getting back to simplier way of life, loving the feel and smell of fresh drying, etc.). Hope the day is a good one for you and yours.

Everywoman, another vote here for the beach! That's where I would be if I could.

easy child is about to leave to go down and spend the day with her boyfriend. difficult child and I are talking about going to the movies but the one he wants to see is an R - we'll try and find a compromise!

Hope the lazy Sunday motto applies to you all!

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Fran, I love the bird songs in the early morning.
Marg, those church luncheons are some of the best ~ the cauliflower soup is one of my favorites.
TM, sounds like you've been forced to lay low today. Enjoy the quiet.
Andy, I love sheet dried outside. The scent is wonderful. Hope the weather holds out today.
EW, my vote is for the beach as well ~ stay home & read for a break if you need it.
Sharon, I'm looking for time together with kt like you had with easy child. I love mother/daughter things.

It's a cloudy, mostly cool day on the forecast. Yesterday was gorgeous & my nieces & a couple of their friend descended on my house to do hair & grill out. Given that I set them to do some chores needing to be done & they were willing. One of the boyfriends cleaned off & tightened the picnic table; another manned the grill & got a fire going in the fire pit.

I made a potato salad & deviled eggs. Found a good price on ground steak & brats; that with corn on the cob & everyone was well fed.

kt kept leaving the party to hide up in her room ~ her choice.

I have a day of nothing but relaxing. I must fi8ll the bird feeders & bath; put corn cobs on the squirrel feeder. kt, PCA & I are hoping to thin out my forest of hostas & plant them elsewhere.

Have a calm, peaceful day.