Good morning on a Sunday

Fran

Former desparate mom
Seems I'm the first one posting today. Hope everyone is snug and warm in their beds after a peaceful night's sleep.
We are still a work in progress with the unpacking, clearing up and organizing with this move. Sigh.

difficult child is home and seems confident that he will become part of this living program in NJ. :hypnosis: They thought he was delightful, polite and ever so helpful. (difficult child's impression) We still want to know if difficult child got someone else to go to the orientation for him. LOL.

Today we may take the puppies for a long walk on the Lake trails. It would be fun to explore a bit.

Have a peaceful Sunday. Relax for a bit if you can.

F

flutterbee

Good morning.

Fran, fingers crossed for difficult child. Our kids seem to have the ability to be much more pleasing to others than to us. It's cause they love us best. :wink: Enjoy your walk with the pups. It sounds nice.

I actually haven't slept yet. Pain has kept me up all night. I have to pick up difficult child from my mom's this evening - which is 45 minutes away - so I'm going to try to get in a nap at some point. easy child hasn't driven on the highway yet and I don't think he should start when I'm sleep deprived. :surprise:

I also need to tackle some laundry. Which means sort it and tell easy child what to take down next. I can't do the stairs all the way to the basement anymore. It will be nice when we move and the laundry room is on the 2nd floor with the bedrooms. I can go back to doing a load everyday so I never get overwhelmed with it. Actually, it will be nice when we find out what's going on so I can deal with it and get on with my life. My doctor says it will probably be at least 6 months before we know. :faint:

It's supposed to be a lovely day here, so I hope to spend some time outside.

I hope everyone has a peaceful day!

P.S. Send good thoughts that difficult child is in a good mood, please. Often when she comes home after being gone she walks into the house and explodes.

tiredmommy

Good morning Fran & all that follow, :coffee:
Have fun walking the pups. I'm sure lake trails in NC in the fall must be beautiful. :autumn:Fran, it wouldn't occur to difficult child that he's anything less than delightful, polite and ever so helpful. He's a difficult child, lol! :hypnosis:
I'm hoping things will begin to slow down around here after today. I've been inundated between cheer, Brownies, Halloween, church, and my little side business. I haven't been on the board more than a few minutes a day for over a week now. But tonight is the championship (and last!) game :fan:, my business work is caught up :thumb:, the Bishop's visit is next week :angel:, the nut order has been placed (yep, I'm the Nut Mom, lol) :crazy:, the spooky decorations are put away and the kids are spiraling down from their sugar high :ghost:. Hopefully my time ,or at least some of it, will begin to be my own again. :faint:
by the way, I hope everyone affected remembered to "fall back" last night... it would be a shame to waste a perfectly good hour of sleep! :sleeping:
Have a great day! :pet:

Marguerite

G'day, everyone.

Fran, it's hard to stay annoyed when people like our kids and can't see the disability - it should be a blessing for us, but too often we feel we need our kids to thoroughly misbehave, just so WE will be vindicated!

Heather, don't overdo things. I've given up sorting laundry - I just do a general cold water wash, throwing it all in together, then after it's all done I IMMEDIATELY fold each item and put it in the correct heap for that person. I then take each heap of neatly folded clothes and either put them on the bed of that person, or put them away for that person. One load at a time. I never do more washing than I can handle, that way. And if when I'm folding I find a garment that didn't come clean properly, I either give it a rub with soap or a splash with vinegar (or both) and put it back into the laundry basket. That way I have no ironing and no piles of clean washing in MY space!

TM, fingers crossed for the championship. You sound like you have a busy time ahead.

We had a picture perfect day today, despite rain and storms being forecast. It rained last night, enough to thoroughly water the garden, yet tonight the sky is wonderfully clear and a cool wind is blowing away the heat of the day.
Today was not only our monthly artists' 'open house', but also the annual art festival of the neighbouring sister village. They moved the two fire engines out of the fire station and put all the art work inside. Some wonderful stuff, loads of colour and variety. The display of talent was stunning.

And again, there was the neighbouring sculpture display area of the shores. A few steps away from the fire station is the boat ramp to the sand spit and the bay. The sculptures displayed on the sand spit have to be made to resist the wind and the water - the tide comes in to about knee deep and many of these sculptures interact with the sea. It's sheltered so there are no waves, but seeing a flotilla of small boats lift and float, for example, is beautiful. The ingenuity is amazing and I live for this little display every year. It's only there for 24 hours, then it's gone again. Few people in Sydney know of this - it's like our own little Brigadoon-by-the-Sea. We spent a short while there walking across the (dry at the moment) sand to explore the sculptures and then after looking through the exhibits in the fire station, we sat outside the general store, chatted to friends and listened to the music. From the whole area the view across the sand bar to the city and the sea just made us feel even more special.

I looked for any photos of this event - we have some ourselves but I don't know how to load them onto a site to show you. All I could find was a youtube link to a 5 minute clip of the mosh pit at our festival in the park this year. None of our family is in the clip (thank goodness) although I recognise about half the faces. I suspect I know who took the film - he's a local eccentric who films EVERYTHING!
The band is playing a rig of didgeridoos with a rock/metal feel and backing. This is the louder version of celebration - today's was gentler, quieter and much more tranquil!

mother in law's house guest never made it to the next village, she was too busy exploring ours and the artists who were open. We started her off with our neighbour, the fabulous Chinese artist. He is commissioned to paint royalty, celebrities etc but his favourite subjects seem to be his family, including his dog. He even invited us in to show us his newest portrait of his teenage daughter. We felt honoured. It was a lovely thing for our guest, as well, who has had such a magic time with us, everything has happened for her, it seems.
She leaves tomorrow. easy child 2/difficult child 2 is not well, she has to see a doctor tomorrow if she's no better, so we could be giving our friend a ride to 'the mainland' in our search for a GP.

Enjoy your Sunday. Ours was pure magic!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:its_all_good: Good Sunday Morning!!!!!

Fran, OMGoodness, :rofl: I almost spit coffee on my computer when I read, "We still want to know if difficult child got someone else to go to the orientation for him. LOL." :rofl: Enjoy your lovely fall walk with the pups :autumn:

Heather, hope you get a nap in :sleeping: before your day gets too busy. Hope difficult child is not in "full force" :crazy: upon returning!

TM, we certainly have missed you on the morning post :flower:. I totally understand about life taking over! There are times it seems my life belongs to others. I usually call "TIME!!!" after too long and remind others that I have a life too :sword:. But, the hardest person to remind is myself sometime. I do get caught up in all the doing and not enjoy the the just living. Glad things are settling a little for you.

I know it sounds like I'm patting myself on the back, but I cooked a fabulous dinner on the grill last night! I tried a new recipe and it was the bomb! Marinated chicken strips in lime, celantro, oregano, olive oil, green onion, and garlic. Left in the fridge for the day. Then "kabobed" them on the grill. Roasted red pepper, yellow squash, red onion, and tomatoes and added them to a big bowl of coucous. Made a dipping sauce for the chicken out of mayo, sour cream, lime juice, celantro, oregano, and green onion. It was fabulous!!!! I'm telling you that dipping that chicken in the sauce was like an explosion of taste. Needless to say, I had an enjoyable evening with friends.

I've been looking for a new sofa for my family room for awhile. I really want leather because I have two leather chairs in the room already. But, I hesitate since my dog thinks he's a mountain goat and perches on top of the sofa and looks out the window! I worry about his nails. He has to be taken to the vet and put under in order for anyone to get near his nails - therefore, they are usually longer than usual. Yesterday I found a sofa made out of this new microfiber. I love the sofa's lines, it is super comfy, the perfect color, but I just worry about the fabric. Anyone have a sofa out of this new microfiber? They will treat it for $89 and guarantee no stains for 5 years. If it gets stained, they will come out and try to remove the stain or replace the sofa. This is a major financial purchase for me so I'm still on the edge. I'm taking my cousin out with me this afternoon to look at it again.

difficult child is going fishing with his mentor today! He called yesterday and asked difficult child if he would like to go. difficult child is excited but worried since Mr. B. said they will be digging worms to use. difficult child's nightmare would be putting that worm on the hook :surprise:

Hey, have a great Sunday everyone!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Fran-A walk with the pups sounds like fun especially on some lake trails. I need to get my dog (Ella) out for a walk as well. I'm glad difficult child is feeling confident and am saying a prayer he gets into the program in NJ.

Heather-I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I hope they can find out sooner than 6 months what is going on. I hope you are able to squeeze in a nap! :sleeping: Saying a prayer that difficult child comes home in a good mood. My difficult child is the same way after being away.

TM-I know that feeling of hoping things will slow down. You have been incredibly busy and deserve a slow down. :autumn:

Marguerite-Glad your Sunday was so magical! It sounds picture perfect!

Sharon-You really have me hungry now. :spaghetti: I would love the recipe for that marinade and the dipping sauce. We have a microfiber chair and so far it has held up well but we've only had it about a year.

It's definitely Fall temps here now. Right now it is 39 degrees. By Tuesday it is only supposed to be a high of 40-Brrr!

Poor easy child didn't get any call backs yesterday and although she claims not to be upset she really is and is having a hard time being a good sport about the fact that the friend she went with had 4 call backs. I feel really bad for her but she can still send her photos in to do catalogs. husband said almost all that received call backs were tall and blonde. Last night she and I made an apple pie together and that seemed to cheer her up a bit.

I've already gone to church. Next is the health club and then grocery shopping. Think maybe I'll make manicotti's for dinner tonight. Of course, I'm hoping to squeeze in a nap and need to watch the Packer game (Michigan won yesterday! :fan:). Something's got to give-not sure how to fit it all in.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful Sunday! Hi if you snuck in! :painter: