Good Morning on a Tuesday

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's been awhile since I was first on the good morning thread.
It's still cold but it looks like spring from inside the house. Once you step out into that beautiful sunshine you want to run in for a heavier coat. :frozen:I admit it, I have become a cold weather wimp.

difficult child is hanging in there. He went to get a hair cut on his own. We calculated the cost and the tip so he didn't over or under pay. He brought home the receipt and change. Now whether he ever remembers to go get a hair cut independently is a challenge we will have to continue to work on. I guess he would have to look in the mirror.

difficult child is waiting to hear from the job coach who will help him with applications and support. There is also an agency that helps difficult child find appropriate living arrangements and supports. It will be a while for that one. difficult child is on the list. Heck he is still on a list in Texas for the last 8yrs and he still isn't on the top. I'm not optimistic but it's something to work towards. Things are finally coming together and hopefully difficult child will have a more engaged life.

Hope you have a pleasant Tuesday. It's a paper work day for me. I'll be glued to the desk. :rolleyes:

Marguerite

G'day for Tuesday.

Fran, difficult child did well to get his hair cut independently. Every little step is a positive one towrds independence.

We've had a busy day today. We had our meeting with the wedding reception place for easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2. He hadn't seen the place before, so it was good to involve him. Then we drove back via BF2's parents' place to talk to them about our plans. From there we went back to easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2's flat to talk more and help them organise their honeymoon. We've now got their accommodation booked and thet need to organise their transport. After that, things should go more smoothly.
From the reception place we now have a list of things that need to be done, worked on and organised. THat will keep us busy for the next few months...

Tomorrow I drive mother in law to get a heart monitor put on her. The next day she has to get it taken off. She's insisting on getting herself there the next day, especially since I will be busy in the morning. I have a number of tasks I need to do at home, I'm hoping to finally have a day when I can get home early enough to get things done.

Wish me luck!

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Fran-You are up early-hope you are back asleep by now! Good for difficult child doing so well with the haircut! I'm glad hear difficult child will be getting a job coach! Eight years is a long wait-oh my! Glad it's looking like Spring by you-not so here=we are blanketed in snow.

Marg-You're not kidding about having a busy day! When is easy child's wedding? Sounds like you are doing a great job pulling it all together.

I'm super tired right now and still dealing with major congestion from this cold. I'm going to double up on my Cortisone this morning to see if that will help. Wish I had thought to do so yesterday.

Another day of work ahead and then it's a therapist appointment for me and also wrestling for difficult child. When all is said and done we should get dinner around 8:00 tonight.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Janna

Good morning,

Fran, sounds like difficult child is making steps, just smaller than most LOL! I'm glad he's doing some things independently. Nice to see you here early!

Marg, sounds like the wedding planning continues to go well. Good deal!

Sharon, hope you feel better. Try to rest.

Went to Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) yesterday - was good. Psychiatrist, on staff, in house, 5 days a week. Therapist, on staff, in house, 6 days a week. Nurse on staff, in house, 24/7. It's much, much different than the previous (wasteful LOL) Residential Treatment Facility (RTF). I feel good about it. AND, the house, ALL Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) kids with some mood stuff (mainly high functioning - Asperger like kids). Perfect for HIM! Perfect, because, THAT is what staff is trained in. Ahh - I'm optimistic for once!

Hopefully the psychiatrist isn't a dope like the 18 previous LMAO!

Not doing anything today. Still downsizing. Getting rid of a dog (2 more to go - anyone want a lab?) because we just can't take them with us (we rent, bummer).

Unloading lots of stuff that seems to add extra stress to my life. Can't complain about that. #1 being B - 2 weeks til Army time. LOL!

Everyone enjoy your day.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Fran, it has been a long time! I'm glad that difficult child did well on getting his hair trimmed. I want to be a cold weather wimp right along side you. :bigsmile:

Marg, sounds like the wedding plans are going well. I'm encouraging kt to elope ~ offering her a good sum of money & a very good ladder. I wish I had taken my dad up on that offer. ;) Have fun - once the hard work is done weddings are wonderful.

Sharon, please take care of yourself. This is the time of year you seem to go down hard.

Janna, I'm trying to do the same ~ get rid of clutter & such. It does contribute to stress.

kt's up & getting ready for the bus. I'm up because I have to be. No longer the morning person I used to be.

kt has a therapist appointment this afternoon - yee hah more therapy. Tomorrow a psychiatrist appointment & intro to Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker.

Have a good Tuesday.

Marguerite

Sharon/WO, go easy on that cortisone. Doubing it just because you have a cold is risky. You could depress your immune system even further.

easy child's wedding is in May. I wrote about visiting her reception place on Sunday. easy child 2/difficult child 2's wedding is in October. difficult child 1's wedding was last November. So by November 2009 husband & I will have had three weddings in under 12 months.

Janna, difficult child is probably enjoying meeting other Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) kids. It's amazing how they gravitate to one another.

I hope you find a good home for your dog.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:2cold: Good Tuesday Morning!!!!!!!!

Fran, you are right - it is very decieving this southern weather of ours! The spring bulbs have shown their green but the thermometer says 18!! Love your avatar, they are so pretty. How's mom doing?

Marg, sounds like the wedding plans are really coming together. Is mother in law able to take yourself? Have a good Wednesday.

Sharon, sounds like you are not feeling any better today. Maybe you can bribe husband to take difficult child to wrestling tonight so you can rest.

Janna, glad you liked the facility. Is there any way you can meet the psychiatrist before the admit? I mean, if he's useless, so is the time D spends there.

Going to hit the gym this morning for some treadmill (which I abhore) and some free weights. After that I'll head on to work.

I hope your Tuesday is a good one :thumbsup:

Sharon

Andy

GOOD MORNING FROM A FELLOW COLD WEATHER WIMP
:frostbite:
.​
Fran - Good for difficult child and the hair cut adventure. I hope that list gets shorter soon.

Marg - You are getting so good at wedding planning. You should write your own book and start a career as a wedding planner.

Wiped Out - I hope you can catch up on rest soon and get rid of that cold.

Janna - I am glad that this Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) sounds so hopeful. It does make this move easier.

Timer - Have a good day. Maybe you can have a nap once KT is off to school.

Little Dude's Mom - Have a great day. You will be happy you did the gym once it is over with.

The forcast is about 32 degrees which sounds so wonderfully warm until they add chance of freezing rain. There goes the warmth.

I have a dentist appointment mid morning. difficult child has been cranky lately - not feeling up to par. I am so glad he has a therapist appointment this Friday and I think I may increase it to twice a month for the next few months. Maybe things will be better after the musical performances are over? However, I think much of this may be over his NYC trip and therapist may be able to help us with that.

difficult child is putting the bite on for a bowling ball. We went over some options with a staff member of the bowling lane yesterday afternoon. That person said that difficult child works at getting better where as many kids who bowl after school just goof off. difficult child is taking this seriously. Bowling ball sales come out the first of each month so we are going to wait until next Monday to see what the new sales may be. I do have a business expense reimbursement coming (though probably not this pay period since I submitted it late) that can cover a ball and bag.

Diva and a friend drove two hours to see my mom and dad yesterday. At 7:00 I called her to see where she was, "Herbergers, I have to go." O.k., that tells me absolutely NOTHING! I try calling her back but she will not give me a straight answer as to which town (grandma's or ours) she is in. So, by 8:00 I come to the conclusion they are still 2 hours away. I had called her again and they were in a restuarant in my mom's town. husband returned home about 8:30 and stated there were sirens headed to the interstate and someone mentioned that it was icy out. So, I call Diva again who would not listen to me so I call the friend she is with and told her to get headed home and drive SLOWLY! She had her little car which was not built for any bad road conditions. Fortunately they made it home by midnight. I was so glad she had a friend with.

Everyone have a great day today. Find a way to make your kids laugh.

Good Morning and happy Tuesday...I think. Both difficult child's have appointments today one at 4:00 and the other at 6:00 so we are going out to eat in between...lol I try to schedule them together but difficult child#2 missed an appointment last week because he was sick so I had to schedule them this way.

Today is the day that difficult child#1 goes to the new psychiatric that specializes in kiddos like him....so I am crossing my fingers.

Fran

Former desparate mom
LDM, mom is staying with sis in Texas because I was out of town. She is definitely feeling more herself and getting some spunk back in her. She continues with the theory that dying planting tomatoes is better than sitting on the couch. She is a bit more cautious and avoiding stairs though.
Thanks for asking.

TerryJ2

Hi everyone, I hope your day goes well. :)

I liked your Lao Tzu quote so much, Fran, that I looked up his quote page. I found another page with-Mark Twain quotes, and am thinking about changing my quote to this one:
"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way."

It is so true for our g'sfg.

I am brain dead today. difficult child was up at 1 a.m. on the computer.
I hope I get something done but mostly, hope I can remember what it was I was supposed to do.