Good Morning on Election Day

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hello everyone from a rainy, damp, chilly North Carolina morning. husband is getting ready to head out to the polls at 6:30 to do his part in the process.
Hopefully all the coffee I'll drink :coffee: will help me get the energy to go stand in line for hours. :4thjuly: (this icon is the closest I could find for patriotic duty) LOL.

It's an exciting time and hopefully we can get a break from the political commercials. I've tried to not watch any of them or listen to blah,blah,blah that seems to make up all of the media's justification for their salaries.
Think for yourself. Don't be influenced by anyone else's agenda.

In the meantime, turkey day is coming and the preparations are starting. :thanksgiving11: I had the rugs scrubbed yesterday. I love that clean smell.

Hope you all have a productive day and get your vote in.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Just a reminder to our US members to get out there and vote today... your vote counts!:proudamerican:

I have grocery shopping today and some prep work for the harvest party at church next week. We'll be getting take-out from church tonight to support our election day fundraiser. And Duckie has science club after school.

I'm absolutely exhausted after yesterday, I received my flu shot and (as always) the injection site is very sore and I have chills and muscle aches. I hope today is better.

Plus, Duckie had an allergy attack yesterday that primed her up for a homework meltdown. Yesterday was not a good day.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

tiredmommy

Good morning Fran. :) I must have started a post just as you were posting your thread. I merged the two. I haven't even drawn up a menu for Thanksgiving yet, though my house is slowly getting cleaner. I'm devoting two days per week to cleaning and organizing.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Fran-I hope you don't end up in lines for hours. I know my husband is voting after work tonight so he will probably be in line for hours. Glad you are getting ready for Thanksgiving-you're celebrating early this year with the boys if I remember right.

TM-Sounds like a busy day for you, I'm sorry you are feeling poorly after your flu shot. I hope Duckie and you both feel better soon.

I'm planning on getting in line at 6:30 this morning and hope the line won't be too long by then for when the polls open at 7:00. I have the morning off for three appointments.

The first appointment. is physical therapy. Then I see a voice therapist about my chronic laryngitis and finally the ENT doctor follows up with the voice therapist.

I have to be back to work by noon so all appts. better run smoothly and on time.

After school easy child has cheer tryouts for basketball; at least as of yesterday she was still planning on trying out. She has gone back and forth on it several times.

Have a great election day!:peaceful:

Happy Election Day Everyone!

It's turning out to be a lovely, sunny day here - no rain, as had been predicted. There is a voting location at the church on our corner and cars and people are everywhere! Excitement is definitely in the air. I voted by absentee ballot this time, and I have decided that I will always do so for these "big" elections. I had the time in the privacy of my home to research and make decisions. I highly recommend it if you have the opportunity in your area.

Fran, I am so impressed that you are already cleaning up for the Thanksgiving celebration. That is definitely a proactive approach. I think I can smell those clean rugs all the way here...

TM, I hope that the injection site calms down. Duckie has to have a better day today! I have my fingers crossed....

Sharon, I hope that the line to vote isn't too long. The voice therapy appointment sounds interesting, let us know how it goes. Good luck to easy child on the decision about cheerleading tryouts and the tryout itself - if she goes!

I have another one of my favorite days today - working at home. I'm really getting used to having my office at home. I'm working here three days a week now. If I didn't have to conduct mediations the other two days, I'd work at home then as well! I'm conducting more and more mediations by conference call - and lots of folks like them because they don't have to travel or park in our downtown area ($20.00 minimum!) Nothing beats working in a sweatshirt and the fuzzy slippers... LOL

difficult child in happily snoozing away in bed - catching up on that teenage sleep deficit. No school today! Could it get any better? Oh yeah, our neighbors are throwing an election night party tonight....

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day today - take a few moments for yourself in the busy mix of your day.

Last edited:

TerryJ2

Hi all,
it's raining here, too.
I stood in line for 35 min. Not too bad. I brought a thermos of tea with-me. Everything was calm and as cheerful as could be expected on a dreary day.

1Day, you must be in a diff part of the SE to have a sunny day!

difficult child just woke up ... I will have to leave him here with-easy child for the a.m. while I work for a cpl hrs and then get a checkup with-the periodontist. This afternoon I plan to help difficult child with-a math project, and then take a nap or paint ... I'm catching a cold which is turning into the creeping crud.

Happy Voting Day!

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

It's not election day for us, thank goodness - but yet, this is still going to have an impact on us too.

Something I want to say - regardless of who people vote for, you SHOULD make the effort to get out there and exercise your democratic right.

Also from an Aussie perspective, this has been a very well-mannered election campaign, much more polite and good-natured than political campaigns I've observed recently (especially Aussie ones). And whatever the outcome, it will be historic.

I've had my hands full today. mother in law has been OK, but at home. I've had husband and difficult child 3 both very sick, with the same thing. So it seems mother in law didn't have food poisoning after all, she had a bug. I am now struggling to avoid catching it myself.

difficult child 1 & girlfriend have been here for dinner tonight. We needed to work on the running sheet for the wedding, which it looks like we now have in hand. A few things I want to work on quietly, including the music for the reception - difficult child 1 is leaving it up to his groomsman, easy child 2/difficult child 2's ex-boyfriend. And unless he has changed a great deal, I feel a need to be prepared in case he doesn't come through with the goods.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to head out a bit earlier so I can help girlfriend shop for beds. Then I'm having X-rays done on my hips as well as ultrasound on my shoulder. A doctor's appointment for me after this, then difficult child 3's drama class which I think he will be too sick for. husband is staying home tomorrow - a good thing, I think. So if difficult child 3 stays home, I should be home earlier than expected.

We'll be waiting and listening to the news for the election result. Aussie media is covering it fairly comprehensively.

Enjoy your day.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:proudamerican: Happy Tuesday and Election Day in the U.S.!!!

Fran, it is a tad chilly here but also dark and damp. I hope it doesn't affect folks going to the polls. I too am looking forward to the upcoming holiday season. I love this time of the year between Halloween and Christmas. I've actually finished most of my Christmas shopping already!! I sent you that mushroom soup recipe in pm yesteray - hope you enjoy it!

TM, sorry that you are feeling so sluggish. Can't you ever just take a day off to chill and rest? You are always so busy. You deserve at least one afternoon of rest! Hope Duckie is doing better today.

Sharon, hope you were able to vote this morning. The lines here in my town are already history-making since this is one of those "swing" states. Hope you get all those appointments in and you find some answers regarding your voice. Good luck to easy child!

1 Day, fuzzy slippers at work sounds great!!!! I used to work from home, but made a decision to move to the office about six years ago. I actually enjoy it now because it gets me dressed nice and "in the world" for a short time. It's only like two half days a week. My teens are also catching up on their sleep! I'm not waking them......have a great day! Good to see you on the morning thread this morning.

Terry, good for you for getting out there early. That's not too bad a wait. I hears someone saying last night that one hour is probably going to be the average wait. I vote for the nap!

Stayed up way too late last night watching the SNL election special! I hope everyone takes the time to exercise their right to vote. Remember that having the right to vote and not is worse than not having the right at all!

Take care :peaceful:

Sharon

Andy

HAPPY VOTING DAY FOR AMERICA
Fran - Have a great day! It is difficult sometimes to read through the commercials and see the true picture. I hope everyone has received enough knowledge to vote for the people they really believe in.

Tired - I hope you have a much better day today. I think I get my flu shot tomorrow through work. I hope Duckie feels much better today!

Wiped - You have a very busy day. I hope you were able to stay calm waiting in line to vote and thinking about getting everything done today.

One Day - I am glad you have a job at your favorite work place - home. Sounds like a start of a good day for you. Hope difficult child wakes up happy.

Terry - I hope my wait isn't longer than yours. Nap or paint? That will be a hard choice.

Marg - Take good care of everyon in your family. Sounds like a nasty bug. I agree about the election not being as mud slinging as normal. It has been a refreashing change for large scale contests. I have heard one of the canidates actually tell his followers that the opponent is not a bad person but just someone who has a different belief of what is needed. That is what elections should be - 2 (or more) plans and you choose which one you want.

Little Dude's Mom - Hope you can catch up from lack of sleep last night. Will you be up late again tonight watching results?

It looks like I better get going. I have to figure out what to pack for difficult child's lunch. I will vote after school so will expect a line. If I go in with plans to stand in line for one or two hours, I will be better at it. I like the idea of brining hot chocolate. difficult child has always been interested in the voting poll so I need to go when he is able to. I will work longer today. No meetings or plans for tonight. We changed one meeting at church until tommorrow night.

Everyone have a great voting day - find a way to make your difficult child laugh. I hope you find a friend in the voting line to visit with and make the time go faster.

KTMom91

Miss KT is working at our local precinct, and apparently is having a difficult time with the people who are running it. She says they keep yelling at the kids (both Miss KT and a classmate of hers), and the kids aren't clear what it is they're doing wrong. I messaged her a suggestion of how to ask the people what it is they want the kids to do, hope it works. I need to go vote anyway, so I can assess the situation then.

No rain here, but it's very windy and about 60 degrees. Besides Starbucks giving the free coffee, Hubby says he heard that Chick-father in law-A will give you a sandwich if you go in between 2 and 7 with your ballot stub. Don't know if that's just a local promo, but I thought I'd throw it out there.