Good morning on Friday

pigless in VA

I have double P.E. classes today, so I may get to spend 4 hours outside while at work. That is a bonus! The downside is that I will likely be fetching softballs again. It's another warm day here, but maybe we will finally get some rain. In Virginia, we get so much pollen that everything turns green, the cars, the roofs, even my cat is green. I love the flowers, but the pollen is disgusting. We need some rain to wash away all this pollen.

pasajes4

:rofl:The Emerald city. I get to take my car to the catastrophe field office to see if they will fix or total my car due to extensive hail damage.

BusynMember

Good morning. Work this afternoon. Not sure of the weather yet.

Jumper is dropping over sometime. I have some money for her as she is going to Florida for a week to house sit with a friend. Right by the ocean. We often give her extra money because she never asks for any and we know she and her friend dont use substances.

Other than that just another peaceful day in the neighborhood.

Have a great day!!

Scent of Cedar *

Good Morning, Everybody

:O)

Another warm, breezy morning here. Very beautifully humid, which is a change from the past few days. Weather for Sunday (the day we would arrive) in the part of Wisconsin we are heading for: Highs in the 40's, low temps in thirties.

And thunderstorms!

We will decide today for sure, but we may stay right where we are for another week.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Cedar

slsh

member since 1999
What a great surprise to see a good morning thread again!!! Good morning all! Happy Friday!

Diva skipped school today so she can get her first tattoo. I've adopted a "not my problem" approach with her since she hit 18. We've not had fun during these teen years, LOL. But I am driving her up to the city because ... well, it's Chicago. And the tat is a b-day present from me. It's a drawing that challenging kid's girlfriend drew before she died. She and Diva were very close, and Diva has been planning this for quite a long time. So..... off we go.

Hubby is staying home with Boo, Weeburt just got off work, and Challenging Kid is at work (which he LOVES!!). So all is good - other than the fact that it's chilly and gloomy here, and I seriously need several months of sunshine and heat.

Hope you all have a great day. Be safe.

Lil

Hi Honey!!! (And everybody else! :p )

Word day is dawning. People are arguing on hold while I type this. God forbid you pay an extra $80 per month to support your kid after no increase in 4 years. :rolleyes: The other day I had a case where a guy who made over $17,000 per month (yes, the comma IS in the right place) complained about a $44 difference from what he thought was correct and what child support enforcement thought was correct. So is my life.

So just checking in. Hoping my day goes well, quickly and productively. Tomorrow, mushroom hunting and then going to the Morel Mushroom and Microbrew Festival. :D

Nomad

Staff member
Lil, over the last few years, I've discovered there are more than a few divorced women in my neighborhood who are getting like $10,000 a month in support payments from their ex's and had gotten their homes free and clear as well. One, whose child was turning a certain age (not sure if it was 18 or 21) and the payments would be reduced, decided to sell her home and move to a less expensive, but still nice, area. What I've discovered is that these women married extremely wealthy men and then did very well for themselves at the divorce.

I have one doctor, now divorced, who (no exaggeration) seems to have a patient booked every 5 mins and is very often running two or more hours behind. I don't like him as much as in the old days. Going to his office is nightmarish. I wonder if he is trying to maintain two luxury homes or more. It is a difficult , crazy world out there.

Sad that someone of means would complain about a small bump in payments for his children....as you have described.

We are suppose to visit our son and his family, but hubby has a lot of work and now we are unsure. It will be a last minute decision, a,ways a little uncomfortable. It is a long drive. But, we are grateful for the extra work. The weather is perfect...still sunny, but not too hot.

Wishing all a great day...grab your rhino skin if needed!

Last edited:

KTMom91

Good morning, everyone!

I'm working today, back with my favorite fourth graders. Got three boxes of papers sorted, tossed, and consolidated down to one shred box, so I'm pretty happy.

It's supposed to rain later, and even though we need it, I hope it holds off. It's Rodeo Weekend, the parade is tomorrow morning, and we can tell how good the turnout is by the number of cars parked in front of our house. One year, right after I moved in, I had this pickup out front all day. About 10 pm, I hear this drunk guy mumbling and then..."Well, I'll be! THAR'S MY TRUCK!" All I could think of was "please don't throw up on my lawn!"

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

so ready to live

Sish-I love the tattoo story. Made me remember years ago when 18y.o daughter came back from school trip to mexico, got off plane and pulled her shirt up to show us her belly tat. Hubby almost needed o2. It was a long drive home from airport. Little did we know then that this was really "not a mountain to die on" as yrs. would prove with her brother. If his only issue had been a tattoo.....

Lil

I've discovered there are more than a few divorced women in my neighborhood who are getting like $10,000 a month in support payments from their ex's and had gotten their homes free and clear as well.

I've discovered is that these women married extremely wealthy men and then did very well for themselves at the divorce.

:holymoly:

I'll say they did well. You clearly live in a MUCH nicer neighborhood than Jabber and I do! Wow!

Most of the people I work with don't EARN much more than $10,000 in a YEAR! People paying the kind of money you're talking about are in court, not doing the free administrative process thru Child Support. I don't think I've ever seen anyone paying more than $3,000.00 come thru here in 21 years!

ColleenB

What a nice thread

I'm in day three of recovering from having my wisdom teeth out, and besides a little swelling I'm healing well.

Even though I love my job as a school counsellor, having a break from all the stress and drama that accompanies the job is nice. Oldest son is actually up and getting ready for an appointment with a job counsellor, so feeling cautiously optimistic.

The sun is shinning and since this is Canada, I am ever so grateful for some warmer weather! I may sit on my deck today and just enjoy the peace and quiet.

Happy Friday!

Nomad

Staff member
Well, the odd thing is we don't make this kind of money by any means. But this neighborhood is weird with multi million homes in a certain area. No doubt these women live in these homes and it costs a LOT of money to maintain them plus, from what I understand, their kids all go to the private school and need a tutor twice a week. It is not unusual for them to have a housekeeper twice a week too. I know of one that works only PT and yet has the housekeeper twice a week. If I were her, I'd be saving my money for a rainy day. That is some nice money that would come in handy for old age. by the way, these women are a hot comadity for single men. Geez, I wonder why. Creepy.

HMBgal

:rofl:The Emerald city. I get to take my car to the catastrophe field office to see if they will fix or total my car due to extensive hail damage.
Oh man. I was up in Tahoe in July and got caught in a hail storm with real, true, golf ball sized hail and the damage to my car was unreal! Thank heavens for insurance. New hood, trim all over, and if I didn't have a sun roof, the roof would have had to be dealt with, too.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Happy Friday! Wrapping up at work soon and finishing packing and heading to our condo in Fort Myers tomorrow morning.

We have a 6am fight that I'm not thrilled about. What time do we get up 2am?? Ugh. Can sleep on plane I guess.

Will have to put some cayenne pepper on my bloomed tulips tonight although I may not have any left by the time I get home. It's supposed to keep the squirrels away but we've had rain up until today so it probably all washed off.

Have a great weekend!